Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
(Private) 'Girl Time'

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

Don't I?

The words were kept to herself as she sat herself down, trying to ignore the whining of the sax as she pulled the strap of her purse over her shoulder to sit it in her lap. "Because, I go where I need to be. Staying in any one location is... well, it's just not a thing I do." Pulling out her wallet, she cast a smile to the girl. "Now, I think these conversations are best had over drinks, so... first round is on me. I'll be just a second."

Making her way back towards the bar itself to place an order, the woman chatted up the bartender as the drinks were made, paying the man and offering a little smile before making her way back. Alright. Step one. Drinks. Done. "Alright, starting off with something pretty easy. Screwups." They seemed an apt beverage.

3 sux set-up
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-09 03:49:32 Ozymandias rolls 7 to Manip+Sub (10 Again) 10, 2, 9, 5, 2, 10, 4, 2, 3 3 successes

2. Likes Cayce, Snarlequin liked this post
    A
    Asp

"...does that count as someone buying me a drink?" Asp asked before Mandy left, watching her go. She shrugged and produced her phone, fiddling with it. Texty-text, there in the booth, as Mandy was distracted and far away.

When Mandy got back, she flashed the phone's screen. "The way you were flirting with me earlier, I figure the first one you buy me definitely counts." She winked. After all, Mandy wanted to take her home, right?

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

A slow start. She approved as she nodded a little and sat herself down in the booth again. "Well, I wasn't going to say this one counted, just that it was an idea if we were going to have some kind of Q&A." Sipping at her own drink, Mandy sighed thoughtfully as she looked to the ceiling. "The question you asked... I don't like to stay still for too long," she began to explain thoughtfully. "I've been traveling a lot since... well, since I was younger than you," she chuckled a little bit at that and offered the girl a small smile. "I enjoy seeing new things, learning new things, exploring modern and ancient civilizations and cultures..."

She tapped at the glass for a moment absently, before shrugging a little. That really was all there was to say, wasn't there? "Does that answer your question satisfactorily?"

A
    Asp

An attentive look was on Asp's face as she mirrored Mandy's first sip, leaning back into the booth's cushion some to listen in comfort. She swizzled the drink with the straw idly as Sourpuss explained what was what.

"Whatever you want to share answers my question satisfactorily," she said. It was a show of trust, one that was probably unfounded. Guardians of the Veil kept layers upon layers of secrets, but there it was anyway. "Where's the coolest place you've been?"

"Zoey"
    Sheet

PRE

"I'm going to assume that by that you mean the most interesting place, and not the one with the coldest temperature," Mandy remarked with a little smile. "I spent a brief period - far too brief - a bit outside of Cusco in Peru, at Sacsayhuaman. At first I remember thinking it was the stupidest thing ever, but then I realized that despite it's age, the stones of the complex were actually fit together so well that... ah..." she stopped after a second, then leaned back in her seat with her drink. "... well, I won't bore you with the history of it, I suppose." She was at least trying not to bore the girl senseless.

Reaching into her purse she flipped carefully through her book for a moment and simply offering a picture. "... this is Sacsayhuaman."

7. Likes Cayce liked this post
    A
    Asp

Asp gave a little smirk that suggested 'no shit', and then listened interestedly. She was so not academic, but there was always something exciting about hearing about far-away places. She'd... well, until Sacramento, she'd lived constantly in Vegas. She'd been on family vacations and whatnot, but nothing cool like exchanges or university or archaeological digs!

"No, no, tell me," she said, plainly intrigued. She gazed at the photo with a grin. "I like hearing about this stuff."

"Zoey"
    Sheet

PRE

The woman looked almost surprised by the younger girl's enthusiasm, turning the picture around to face Asp and completely ignoring the man who approached them as she spoke. "Well, it's just really interesting because the stones were carved so well that not even a hair could slip between the blocks. And after so long, as well! Centuries of earthquakes, seiges, that sort of thing... and yet the walls are still standing just fine. The stones themselves are exceptionally smooth... my understanding -" she continued to ignore the man even as he started to open his mouth when she took a breath, "- is that there used be a giant labrynth that was protected by the walls, as a part of the full structure, but it didn't quite survive the seige of Cusco by the Spaniards. It's still utterly fascinating, though, when you think about how quickly buildings and such fall into a state of disrepair in our modern age... and yet things like this---"

"Excuse me," the man finally cut in, staring a little, before smiling to Asp and offering a green beverage of some sort in a martini glass. "... this is for you." As he sat it down, a number was written clearly on the napkin beneath the glass as he offered a wink before heading off.

10. Likes Sirith liked this post
    A
    Asp

Asp rolled with it, her eyes settled squarely on Sourpuss as she explained. What a cool story! Sometimes, she sort of imagined going somewhere far away like Europe or Venezuela or Africa and just... doing things. Fun things. Seeing the sights. Maybe she'd ride an elephant or something. Life could do that, right?

The guy coming up to them got a glance, because Arrow. She smiled at him and accepted it. "Why, thank you," she said, placing the napkin and the glass on the table as he headed off.

"You were saying?"

She produced her cellular phone and shot off a text, as promised.

"Zoey"
    Sheet

PRE

She watched after the man with an expression of distaste on her face before waving a hand a little and dismissing what had happened. "Ahem, yes, when you think of how quickly things go to ruin in our modern age, and yet these ancient structures have remained and been able to so effectively continue to do their tasks," Mandy sighed. "I'm hardly old enough to say it, but the experience has definitely left me to say that things just aren't built like they used to be. Consumerism at it's finest."

A
    Asp

Asp didn't make a move to start drinking her new-found drink. It was a test, to see if Ozy was trying to set her up. Most dudes didn't go buy drinks for a chick who had a full one. It just didn't make any sense. If guys kept coming up to her with more drinks, well, she'd know and call the Guardian out. She was plainly pretty interested in what Mandy was saying, leaning slightly forward in that way people did when they were really engaged.

"Truth. It's hard to find something that's built to last these days."

She shifted gears.

"One of these days, I'm going to have to ask you for a guided tour of one of those museums. I feel like your telling of the item's stories would be far more entertaining than the museum employees."

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread