Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(Private) 'Girl Time'

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

Blue eyes glanced to the girl for a moment and Mandy caught herself, ceasing her fidgeting as she simply shook her head. "Don't worry about it," she stated after a moment, shrugging lightly. "This isn't about the pub, anyway, really. It's about this... thing..." she made a light circular gesture that encompassed the two of them. "And making sure we can at least reasonably tolerate each other's company..."

She'd need a lot of alcohol to make that happen. She could just tell.

A
    Asp

Asp grinned at her, seeing the cab making its way around a corner about a block away. Of course it wasn't about the pub. One did not usually look like one had sat on a cactus before coming to hang out as a result of being given the choice of locales.

"I can tell this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship," she said with a little chuckle and a shake of her head, her hair bobbing and weaving for a moment there. The cab pulled in, and Asp stepped toward it. "Come on, lady. Let's have this talk over some tequila or something."

Was 'sat on a cactus' even an expression here in California?

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

... cheeky little...

... a smile smile settled on her features as she shook her head and moved to hold the cab door for the youth. "Aren't you a little young for tequila?" she stated in response, and while her tone gave away nothing, there was a hint of teasing mirth on the woman's features. Tequila. That would fix a lot of things. She liked tequila. It made everyone around her so much more tolerable.

A
    Asp

Asp slipped in through the door with a quiet thanks to her new drinking buddy. "Did you want to ID me, ma'am?" she teased. "I promise, I'm over 21." The Arrow gave a playful look and shrug to the taxi driver, then scooched over so Mandy could get in.

Wait. Was that a smile?

Her face didn't shatter? Holy jeez. Call a news crew!

"I think the question is, can you keep up?"

"Zoey"
    Sheet

PRE

"... I might just have to," Mandy chuckled softly in response as she settled in beside the other, closing the door and pulling on a seatbelt, before raising a brow to the girl at her challenge.

"Keep up?" she inquired, "are you challenging me to a game of shot for shot, kiddo?" Never mind a smile, Asp had earned a little grin from the Guardian. "I might even be inclined to carry you home when you lose."

A
    Asp

"That's sweet. You want to take me home. Don't think I didn't notice that," The Obrimos leaned forward to talk to the cab driver, an amused look written all over her open face. "The Byzantine, please."

Seat belt, on.

"Where you from, anyway?" The Guardian was sort of a mystery. She knew the woman made herself sound kind of nomadic, but that didn't mean she didn't have a home somewhere.

"Zoey"
    Sheet

PRE

Take her home. Sure thing. Shove her through a portal and be done with it. She pretty obviously wasn't going to actually carry the girl anywhere, but her words left Mandy to roll her eyes pretty hard. "Sure thing, kid, take you home, undress you and take advantage of the fact that you're totally wasted. That is precisely my plan," she quipped in turn, before giving her a confused look for a moment at the question.

... did she actually want to talk about it? She took a brief moment before taking a deep breath and dropping the 'accent of normalcy' she'd adopted after so much time traveling. The Bostonian accent ought to make the answer clear, she figured. "Ah ain't from no wheah in pahticulah. Mostly ah trahvel a whole lot, but it gets hahd to explain whahcha wahnt when no one knows what a jimmie is, an peopah staht thinkin' you's insultin' them when ya tahlk abaht somethin' bein' a wicked pissah."

8. Likes Sirith liked this post
    A
    Asp

"I knew it," Asp said with a big smirk, leaning back into her seat and regarding the elder Guardian.

That accent was a serious case of holy shit. Was that actually legit? Was this serious? Wow. Was she a Bruins fan?

There were now so many questions, questions she wouldn't be able to ask until they were both properly lit.

"I don't even know what a 'wicked pisser' is, I'll be honest. I feel like I'm being exposed to a whole new culture, right now." She grinned. Sourpuss was actually kind of fun. She looked to the cab driver, who gave her a shrug in the rear view. "He doesn't know what it is, either."

"Zoey"
    Sheet

PRE

The accent itself was immediately masked again as the Guardian raised an eyebrow at the girl. She wasn't liable to do that again until she was really hammered, or really tired. What was it about being tired that made it so hard to hide her accent, anyway? Stupid exhaustion.

"You're one of those 'Seriously West Coast' girls, aren't you?" Vegas, right? Not that most people generally knew what she was talking about. She ran a hand into her hair as she sighed lightly. "Just know that it's generally a good thing." Unless it was being said sarcastically - and sarcasm was her forte.

A
    Asp

"Nope. That might require a nearby coast," Asp bantered back. "I just don't speak Bostonese." She winked. "Seriously though. Why hide that? That accent is awesome."

She paused, as an idea formed.

"You should run it all night tonight at the bar. Tonight, just... cut loose."

Footloose. Kick off your Sunday shoes.

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread