Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1406)(AFD) Animus, Avis, and Cut

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Thanks. It always sucks riding the bus at night. I mean, it's not as bad as Chi-town, but there's still weird people in this city." Enough said. That was the perils of public transportation. Well, not to mention some of those creeps potentially being Banishers. That kinda

"If it makes you feel any better, Oz, I don't plan on drinking either. I'll help you herd them around if it gets too bad," Avis added, grinning a bit. Asp was really pushing the margaritas and Cut didn't particularly seem like a heavy-weight when it came to liquor. Of course, Asp knew Life magic but it was still fun to tease.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Honestly? He wasn't a big drinker. He needed those receptors for other things. It's just how he got his swerve on. And if he did drink? Pass on the tequila. Beer. Vodka. You know.

"What? I'm totally down for spicy!"
    He actually looked surprised.

Amazing how many kids in junior high would bet lunch money he wouldn't drink Tabasco straight.

"So. Yeah! Wherever!"

He looked at Asp and grinned.

"So, uh, apparently we just painted with the 'need herding' brush. What's up with that?"

OK, maybe him, he could understand? Run every morning water bottle everywhere karated kid valley girl? Hard time seeing it, yo. Girl thought a good time was playing StairMaster with chicken nuggets stapled to walls. Recognize.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

3. Likes Cayce liked this post
    A
    Asp

Asp chuckled at Cut's look of surprise. "I dunno, man. We must be fucking shady or something," she said with a laugh. "And I'll drink one for each of you, just so you have a reason to herd me? This is going to be fun!"

The Arrow sounded amused, but she wasn't concerned. A quick spell, and there would be no more booze in her.

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

She looked a little surprised herself at Avis calling her 'Oz' of all things, but simply overlooked it with a shrug as she chuckled to the other girl. "So I'm not the only one who feels like keeping tabs on them is like herding cats?" she asked, glancing to Cut and Asp absently. "Alright, fine. This sounds like a plan after we get through all of this."

Her eyes gazed out over the gathering thoughtfully, a part of her feeling... safe in this little area with the people she knew. It made coping with this much easier.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Herding cats? People actually herd cats? Why? It's not like you can milk them or anything," Avis replied, looking at Mandy queerly. "Or make sweaters from their fur. Why would anyone do that?"

Was that some kind of archaeology thing? Did the egyptians use to herd cats or something?
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Wow. Look who got all... potty mouthed... at Arrow Olympics. Not that he minded. He'd heard worse. Words were an illusion, though.

"Really? I look shady?"

He looked down at himself. Wow. If this was shady... he'd have to keep some stuff on the dee ell. Tricky, tricky. Figuring out who was cool with what. He'd had at least one surprise already.

"Cats. You know. They go where they want. Not where you want. So they need herding? At least, I think. Never had a cat, but they're all over the Youtubes and web."

Cats? Mages? Get your broom out, yo. Little too trite.

This? Kinda nice. Gel-in. So far.

"We should all do something else, too, though. You know. Some other day. Like, Asp was saying something about Ultimate Frisbee? Or something else?"

C'mon. Avengers assemble.
    - Roald Dahl

A
    Asp

Asp just winked at Cut and shrugged. "I've never had occasion to herd my cat. But I'm definitely down for whatever. Some sports would be good." She looked around at the various people milling about, getting set to do their events. "Hey, so we should probably mosey. I think the events are about to get started! See you guys after?"

Wrappin' it up...

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

"Sounds like a plan," Mandy nodded to Asp, looking to Avis. "Remind me to show you about herding cats some other time, okay? I gotta go sign up to do some translating." The twinkle in her eye made it clear precisely how excited she was about the notion.

Sourpuss, signing out!

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Let's do it!"

Plans made, he made appropriate farewells to everyone.

He had stretching to do.

Holllllaaaaaaaa
    - Roald Dahl

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Uh. Sure," Avis replied to Mandy, suddenly suspicious of what that phrase meant. Well, whatever. She had people to go beat on compete against.

A pale, scarred hand was raised in farewell and then Avis jogged off to go sign up for her events.

Peace!

Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7
Closed Thread