Ended
Watch

(Private) Movie Night!

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    A
    Asp

"That's the whole point," she agreed with Animus. "Society does need to be policed, and sometimes, some people deserve to have their day ruined by the police... and in Awakened society, some people deserve to have their day ruined by us. To protect others. There are some people we need to protect others from, and sometimes, people need to be punished for wrongs, so long as it's in line with the law. That's been made clear. The people who killed those Mages recently that we discovered more about at the Circle, for example? They deserve what's coming to them."

Asp shook her head about the whole 'dad being a cop thing'. "I like knowing they're there, just as other Mages like knowing we are here, you know?"

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Yeah, but the thing is, they don't always protect people. In a perfect world they would be a force for good. And sometimes they are, sure. Like I said, I respect them, but they're not always ruining the day of people who deserve it. They're at the beck and call of paper-pushing, semantics arguing fuck heads and they do a lot more than hand out justice for murder. Which is not always a good thing," Avis said, her expression growing dark.

"I mean, let's even use these murders as an example. Cops would stop us, if they could. They wouldn't let us collect our blood debt."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Eyes flick back and forth between his fellow Awakened. Arms tighten around Felix like a child clinging to his security blanket. "I ... I don't know. It's ... words. I can make guesses, but I don't have the context here." He shudders, earning a displeased glare from the cat. "I want to believe, that people are basically good, when I can."

A
    Asp

As her fauxbal-mate went on, she couldn't help but read between the lines. Asp ignored the second remark and let Animus's comment sit for a moment, watching Avis for a long second.

"What happened, Avis?"

Such a simple question, but Asp expected the answer would be more complicated than she would have imagined.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"What do you mean, 'what happened'? You were there at the Circle when we looked at the bodies," Avis replied, clearly confused. She looked to Animus, who looked even more confused than she was.

"I'm talking about the people that make mortal laws. Cops have to do what they say, and that's why there's problems," she explained, trying to give the man the context he was missing out on. "And I think you're right, people are usually good. The problem is that some really, really aren't, and that's why Cops and Arrows exist, ya know?"
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus is silent for a long moment, busily soothing the cat's ruffled feathers. Once he can devote more of his focus to the conversation, he puzzles out Avis' words, trying to fit them into his mental model. But there were still so many gaps, that refused to fill in.

"If cops are needed, shouldn't they be a net positive? Even if we sometimes have to work around them?"

A
    Asp

Asp shook her head. "I'm talking about what happened that made you not like cops - but you've sort of explained that. You figure corruption from on high. Personally, I figure while some people on high are just greedy fucks, a fair bit of it is the meddling of the Enemy, keeping the Lie as strong as they can. People probably are generally good. Some people, like the Seers..." Are not.

She swiveled to look at Animus. "They are. Without them, there would be anarchy. And our police could be a whole hell of a lot worse."

Look south of the border at the federales.

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

Well, shit. She'd messed her point up. But whatever. It's not like her perspective was really catching on, anyway. Which was probably a good thing, in some ways. If Asp and Animus respected the Police as a force for good and justice, that was probably somewhat indicative of how they'd practice their philosophy as Arrows and that meant they probably wouldn't turn out like Vae or her predecessor. And, thankfully, the Consilium currently didn't have any semantics arguing fuck-heads to put up with, so unlike with cops that wouldn't get in the way of their justice.

"Sooooo are we feeling like a less serious movie now? Something about the goodness of people?"
    Avis interrupted.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Truth be told, all the threads of reasoning were starting to give him a headache. So when Avis offers a change of topic, the Thyrsus is quick to jump on board. "That would probably make for a good cooldown. Besides, I think I'm less likely to annoy Felix that way."

Was that ... the barest hint of smile?

A
    Asp

"That sounds great, actually. You two wanna pick it?" Asp grinned at Avis and Animus, standing up to grab another beer. "Can I get you guys anything? A drink? More carrots?"

Felix might've cat-glared at Animus once or twice, but he totally went back to purring in the Thyrsus's arms. What a suck.

Want to keep going or wrap this one up, since Asp and Avis have since moved to a real theatre.

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.