Ended
Watch

(Private) Movie Night!

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Vigil
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow

Gunfire. A stab of nervousness, although the cause eluded him. Yet one more buried memory, he supposed. Juggling Felix, he manages to get a hand free to nab a couple carrots of his own, before nodding his thanks to Asp as the movie starts up.

A
    Asp

Asp leans forward to carrot up even as the opening scenes began. She loved Quentin Tarantino. It was a thing, for sure - and when the theatre was theirs, there would be big-screen Kill Bill. It was a certainty.

Felix, for his part, was juggled without incident. He was a purr machine, putty in Animus's arms as he made little mewling noises. Apparently, he liked that the Thyrsus had communicated on his level.

"I'm pretty sure my cat likes you better than he likes me," Asp joked. Sort of. It was so true.

Wanna fast forward to the end of the first movie?

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Does it always make noises?" Avis asked around a carrot, peering sideways at the furry critter.

Deal!
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

A confused glance toward Avis. "Of course. He has to talk somehow."

Animus quickly quiets down to sit through the movie, petting Felix at intervals and finding the occasional moment to snack on the provided carrots. Some of the more sudden action sequences provoke a wince which almost invariably provokes an annoyed glare from the cat, but the animal's presence and attention has a readily apparent calming influence.

The Thyrsus maintains his silence until after the credits roll, finally sparing a haunted look for his fellow Arrows. "P -- people aren't just ... property. How could anyone just cage their fellows like that?"

A
    Asp

Asp smiled broadly at Animus's point regarding Felix's communication. It was cute. The kitten continued to make little noises at Animus when it wasn't giving him annoyed glares.

The glares weren't at the Shaman, really. Cats could feel tension. Maybe it was reacting to his.

"It was a fucked up era, back then," she mused in agreement as she stood up to grab another beer and more carrots. But then, was it really just back then? It was now, too, in a lot of places. "Then again, I figure the Enemy does the same thing with the Lie over the Fallen World. It's so... wrong. Gives us a hell of a good cause to fight for, doesn't it?"

She was watching Animus in that moment. Was he going to be okay? Only time would tell, really.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"It wasn't just back then," Avis said sullenly, from her corner of the couch. "People still put each other in cages all the time. Some asshole in a court gives you a label and then other assholes have the right to put you wherever the fuck they want to, and most people are just fine with it happening. Most of them don't see it happening, so they don't care."

She popped another carrot (one of the last) into her mouth and chewed thoughtfully. "I guess that's pretty similar to the Lie, too. Ignorance is the real enemy, there."
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Thyrsus frowns, clearly unhappy with the answers. The thought of being trapped, cut off from the freedom of sky or forest ... how could anyone believe that was right?

Finally he relents with a sigh, absently scratching Felix's tummy. "I guess a worthy cause is all that can be hoped for. But still, it's just ..." He shakes his head, having run out of words.

A
    Asp

Asp peered over at Avis. "You're not a big fan of cops, are you?" she asked, a curious look on her face. It wasn't said in an accusatory way. It was just straight-up Asp, wondering about Avis's viewpoint. So much about the other Arrow was occluded in mystery, but this was the second time Avis had shown disregard or disdain for the criminal justice system.

Asp didn't mind prisons. She just minded it when people who didn't belong there were sent there.

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"What, and you like them?" Avis replied with a laughing snort. "You're like, 'yay, thanks for pulling me over?' Come on, nobody likes cops. I mean, I don't have anything against cops, they're necessary, but when they show up it usually spells bad news, ya know? They're like non-magical banshees. You hear the siren and you know somebody is gonna have a shitty day. I mean, I get that we're kind of like cops, for our society, so I do have a kind of professional respect for them, but I don't want anything to do with them."

She paused for a second, pondering what she'd just said, and shrugged. "So yeah, you're right, I'm not a big fan. But let me guess, this is the part where you tell me your dad is a cop, right?" A black eyebrow arched along with the question.

10. Likes West liked this post

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Eyes flick back and forth, as the Shaman tries desperately to keep track of the conversation. Things he should know, if not for ...

He forces the thought off course.

Confusion bubbles to the surface. "If we're like cops ... shouldn't that mean they also protect people?"

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.