Ended
Watch

(Private) Movie Night!

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

The talk of feet maiming earned the cat an wary look. "If he does, we can just kick him, right? I mean, not kick, but like lift him away with your foot? Cause I really don't want to get my shoes fucked up." Her gaze moved down to her black and grey asics, which looked brand new compared to her patched sweat pants and hoody combo. Carefully, she stepped away from the cat and walked into the apartment. The TV made her stop dead in her tracks.

"Jesus. Did you rob a best buy or something? That's like--huge. I can't imagine what Django would look like on that thing. It would be like watching giants shooting canons at each other."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

2. Likes West liked this post

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus crouches down, gently scratching the kitten behind the ears with a soft laugh. "Maybe he just wants to talk with people?"

After a moment longer of quiet play, the kitten is scooped up and gently carried inside. "Besides, he seems gentle. It's hard to imagine him doing much maiming."

The TV gets barely a glance. It was just difficult to find much impressive about inert matter.

A
    Asp

"Mmmmdon't you be bringing those shoes into my house," she said, nodding toward the door with a chuckle. It was just common courtesy, man. "I just got the carpets cleaned before moving in." It wasn't much, but it was Asp's, and she was pretty sure that Avis didn't spend time picking grass or blood off her ass-kicking boots. And to suggest kicking her cat?

"I think Animus is on cat duty."

The kitten was purring away, giving off little mews of happy and whatnot.

"He's actually a really nice kitty. Aren't you a nice kitty? Yes, you are. Yes, you are." Asp went full on kitty voice there, her hand entering Animus's scoop radius and petting the cat's belly. "His name is Felix. Super corny, I know, but hey." She shrugged. Kittens were fun.

At Avis's mention of the TV, she chuckled. "Naw. It was an extra my Dad got for going on one of those three year TV contracts. Apparently big-ass TVs are cheap now. What you guys thinking? You wanna do Django Unchained? Or go a little more old school?"

Da-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nahnahnah...

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Oh! Sorry," Avis said quickly, dropping down to the carpet so she could start untying her shoes. Her fingers picked the knots loose and then she carefully loosened the laces so they would slip off with a minimum of friction.

"Do you have a shoe mat, or rack, or something? And I'd be fine with anything, pretty much. I did bring the Hunted and Drunken Master if we want to do a double feature or something."
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus stands around awkwardly for a moment, before handing Felix off to Asp (or, failing that, setting him gently on the ground) and sheepishly removing his own tennis shoes. "Sorry. I'll keep him company, but ... hands." Once properly unshod, he takes some time to pet the kitten a bit more.

There's a short pause while he processes the movie talk ... or tries to, at any rate. "I'll leave the decisions up to you two. The references are just flying over my head anyway."

A
    Asp

Asp's fingers were all up in Felix's belly fur and she had a bright, girlish grin on her face even as Animus passed her the kitty. "There's the doormat there, by the door," she said distractedly, a look of pure bliss on her face. The cat swatted her hand. Plainly, it liked Animus better. When Animus was done taking his shoes off, she returned the ferocious attack kitten to him before heading into the kitchen. "I'm down for whatever. If you brought those movies, that's fine by me. I mostly just wanted to chill with you guys." She smiled, and the fridge opened.

"Make yourselves at home. Want a beer or something?"

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

Avis placed her shoes on the mat and shrugged her backpack off walking over to the couch. She plopped down, settled the backpack onto her lap, and started digging the two movies out of it.

"How about we watch Django and the Hunted? Maybe do a silly movie night next time. I think it might be kind of jarring to go from Tarantino to Jackie Chan in one night. Oh, and do you have any carrots?" she asked, throwing the Hunted onto the coffee table and slipping the other dvd away. She looked between Asp in the kitchen and Animus, who was stuck with the cat again. She gave the Shaman a smile in wordless thanks for distracting the fur bundle. Hopefully it would stay enamored with him and leave her alone.

"You ok with violent movies tonight?" she asked Animus softly. She wasn't trying to patronize the man but she knew he was a bit raw and sometimes videos could act as a trigger. because of that it was only in the last few years that she'd been able to start catching up on cinematic history and most of her movie knowledge revolved around action movies thanks to the Arrow. He'd probably be fine, but she'd feel like an ass if she didn't ask and anything happened.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Shaman accepts the kitten graciously enough, pausing for a bit of fur scratching before sinking onto the couch. It wasn't as if he'd be able to carry drinks and the cuddly ball of fur.

"Violent's fine, as long as it's not too loud. I get overload, sometimes." A glance over his shoulder. "And water's fine for me."

Not that he couldn't just toss back a bear and then purge it later. But doing that wouldn't be right. Because ... consequences.

A
    Asp

"Good by me," the young Obrimos said, nodding to her sudden question about carrots. She busted out a package of those baby carrot thingies that were super tasty with ranch dip, bringing a beer along for herself. Just because the other two weren't drinking didn't mean she couldn't have one! Once they were on the table, she headed on back to grab Animus his water, starting to offer it to the Shaman - and then stopping, placing it on the IKEA table for him. His hands were full of Felix.

She picked up the DVD for Django and stuffed it into the player, flipping through the menus. She did turn the sound down, for Animus. Poor guy had it rough enough without overloading him.

Flump, she went onto the couch next to the other two as the movie started up. The church key came out, and the beer was cracked. The snakey was all for a weekend beer. "How's that?" she asked Animus as the volume got going.

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

Avis nodded to Animus, glad that it wouldn't be a problem. She smiled briefly when Asp set a pack of carrots on the table.

"Thanks! I don't know why, but I think carrots are better than popcorn for a movie. And I'll try not to crunch too loudly so we can hear all the gunfire," Avis joked, grabbing the carrots off the table. She punctuated the sentiment by popping a carrot into her mouth and crunching through it.

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.