Ended
Watch

Behind the Curtain

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
    G
    Greebs

"Stick to fencing, Coco." Sir-ly said bluntly. "I do not think your career in comedy is going to take off."

To be honest, Mal wasn't sure how she felt about being described as a 'Knight Protector', surly or otherwise. Hell, it beat being thought of as a Guard Dog. But whatever books, and historical re-enactors and their ilk had to say on the matter, full plate struck her as deeply impractical. Still, there was something... nice about the thought someone considered her more than just a grouchy, violent nuisance.

She found herself agreeing with the verbose diatribe. In broad aspect, at least.

Mal particularly liked the part about 'driving out the evil' and being 'lauded throughout the land'.

A ghost of a genuine smile played across her lips for a moment.

Even the most sullen pragmatist had their private little fictions they would like to live.

Emphasis on private.

Not. A. Word.

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Speaking of careers, I believe I've divined your true calling, Mal. Clearly you were meant to be a critic," Coco replied sulkily, her grin disappearing in the wake of her unappreciated joke. Again her water glass came up and it's contents disappeared, ice and all. Now where was that waiter? They'd been sitting there forever and there wasn't even bread! Well ha, they didn't need bread! That just meant she'd have more money to spare, now that the tip was off the table.

"Not all heroes travel alone,"
    she quibbled, "Certainly, there are many novels were the heroes are legion rather than solitary. Just take the fisherman's books. What are they called? Song of Icey fire? Oh! Or the Lord of the Rings! Both series have many heroes. And you're most correct, they only triumph through working together. If there are things in your life that you wish were true, you should find other brave fellows to help you make them come to pass."
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

3. Likes Origins liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan covered her mouth with one hand, to try to stifle the giggle at Malory's comeback to the Fairest. Snub or joke, it was a good one. Morgan did get thoughtful though about when Cosima finished her latest speech.

She looked down in contemplation and mumbled, "Things...wish were true? Make them true." The raccoon seemed to be focusing upon that. She'd not wish for the impossible, for fallen friends to return was beyond mere fiction. The Beast doubted in such divine intervention being possible. There were other things she wished were true though, "E-easy ways to kill-ward Fairies, safe travel-trips, n-n-no perverts snap-camera my ass when I climb, and imporant-serious-current," there was quite a bit of venom for the third one. Upon stopping, Morgan looked directly at Coco, then to Malory, and back to Coco. "Food be good. Like-like our-order. Waiter slow. And...maybe, no-no-no heh, never mind no-nope. J-just food, not wanting other fiction-stuff at all, heh-heh, nope."

Morgan's attempt to claim no further desires was about as weak as it could get. It'd take an actual effort to even pretend that the raccoon didn't want something else. But she didn't feel like admitting to wanting something simply because of how cool it was, utility be damned.

G
    Greebs

As Mal sat in silence, not really one for engaging in flights of fancy (present mental state excepted) all this talk of fiction and heroes just started to wash over her. It just wasn't her thing. Why bury your head in fantastical lies, when there were fantastical truths trying to break the door down and eat your face?

Escapism was dangerous.

However on one point, she was clearly in agreement, and not willing to remain silent.

Her stomach gave a noisy, mournful growl.

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"I suppose it would be prudent to take my own advice, now wouldn't it? Coco asked, heaving a dramatic sigh. "It also seems that I'll have to request that you scoot so I can go apprehend a waiter!" she continued, making shooing motions to the person sharing the same side of the booth. "They might just be giving us time to talk, which I suppose I did request, but enough is indeed enough. Leave it to me, friends! Nourishment I shall secure."

With that Coco eventually extracted herself from the booth and went to go prompt the wait staff.

A good ending point?
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

7. Likes Origins liked this post
    G
    Greebs

Mal's capacity for small-talk has certainly been stretched past the breaking point! End Scene?

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan is good at inane, useless babble, though I too am find with end scene.

G
    Greebs

End Scene. Cheers both!

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread