Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

A short huff of a chuckle, as well as a twitch of a wider smile, occurs at the mention of Dog. It had surprised Dillon as well. That Court had also probably been the most the Hound of South Sacramento had ever spoken to him. Dillon always suspected there was some animosity held for him, because Dillon is one of those Gangrel. The sharp, attractive, socially capable ones.

But only the foolish make the assumption that such tendencies make him any less a Predator. Though some might be surprised to learn he had run with a gang of Bruja prior to his stint in Sacramento. Beat the dickens out of a lot of them, too. Crazy bunch had to have respect for the Masquerade hammered into them.

Dillon nods his thanks at the note of his mention in August's Acknowledgements, but says nothing. He moves on to the Confession, deciding to handle it as appropriately as he can, given their current environment. Some admiration is had internally, for the accuracy of time. While the Ventrue might just be blowing smoke, there's no reason to lie about having it down to the hour.

Because well, the Bishop himself can only remember: December. When Solomon Birch had anointed him.

"Confess your sins before God, and his unholy servant."

It is important to hear them summarized, as well as whatever August may choose to tell him. Could be interesting.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Katsuro Tomori

August thinks deeply for a moment, time passes slowly as the seconds tick by. Finally he stirs a moment and speaks. "My Pride has grown stronger since leaving my Sire. Like the Beast, it too is a type of Demon bent on distracting me from my purpose. I have allowed it to grow as I excelled here in this Domain. In this I have caused another of the damned to be attacked by a kine in the street. No Masquerade violations were had I assure you on my Blood, but it was still something that shouldn't have happened and only happened because of how I acted. I failed in my purpose as a monster of God when that happened. The Damned do the attacking..." he paused looking for any sign of judgement from the Bishop before continuing. Confessing that sin before the Bishop was one thing...but this Bishop was also the Reeve. That could complicate things, but August knew that when he spoke.

"I lead astray a married Woman for a time, though never took advantage physically. I wanted her heart and mind, something far deeper than sex could ever be. I'm not sure if you would consider that a Sin...my confessions in my home Domain were primarily to be concerned with anything that failed the Unholy Purpose we all walk."
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon answers in the reverse order, needing to get the last matter straightened first. It will only take a few sentences, at most.

"It is one of our duties as the Damned, to test the divinity of man," the Bishop begins with a slight shake of his chin. "That includes tempting them astray. If this woman succumbed to your coercion, she has proven how shaky and unworthy she is with her weak will. All that remains is for you to cause her exposure in some way you deem appropriate. She must reap the rewards for her misdeeds, regardless of how sexual the encounters were or were not."

August's first admission, however, is the true crux of the matter. And Dillon allows some pause to build before addressing it. Some time for the Ventrue Priscus to process and set aside the previous matter, as well.

"As for your Pride, it is indeed the failing that has caused every embarrassment you have suffered in this Domain. Any major setback, to any minor annoyance. This will be your downfall, if you lack the will to rule it. To make it work for you, rather than slave your Requiem to it.

"We are all proud. And your accomplishments in so short of a time is something to be proud of. Until you threaten to become the picture of pompous arrogance that stereotype labels of both your Blood, and the Covenant you are Dansing with."

As Confessions go, this one is fairly easy.

But Dillon is solemn, and serious when he finishes his statement. "I think the just punishment is quite clear, don't you?"

He gestures vaguely, in the direction of his desk. "I have a leather scourge in a drawer over there. I wove it myself, much like the one I made to be used on me in the early nights of my penance. But we both know that physical pain holds little punishment for men like us, anymore.

"No. You must humiliate yourself."

His shoulders tip forward an inch or so, lifting away from the comfort of the sofa's padded back. It's a slight show of emphasis. "When you rediscover the Humble Man, then you will know how Pride can truly serve you.

"And then, you will truly be Unconquered.

"I look forward to seeing your efforts."
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

Katsuro Tomori

August nodded. He understood, and his back held many a scars from confessions held in his old domain. As he stood, he undid his purple tie, giving him some breathing room...the rest of his suit however was kept where it was. He hoped the Bishop would understand, it was his suit. One of the few he still held over from the time it was made till now. Authentic. The suit was every bit a representation, a part of the mask that hid his Demon as was any other part of the Ventrue.

He picked up the scourge, examining it momentarily before moving to a part of the room that was clear enough to kneel and give a wide birth for the lash.

If anything could be said of what happened next, it was that Priscus Galloway did not hold back. One...Two...Three...He kept going, feeling the blood stain his suit. Feeling the suit rip in places, tear in others. He knew it wouldn't be salvageable at the end of all this. As he went, Augusts voice rang in Latin as it had under a lash wielded by his Sire in the past.

4 suxx to maintain composure under pain
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-23 17:51:54 August Galloway rolls 6 to Fighting the Lash (Res+Comp) (10 Again) 9, 7, 4, 8, 8, 8 4 successes

"Credo in Deum Patrem omnipotentem, Creatorem caeli et terrae." Blood poured

"Et in Iesum Christum, Filium eius unicum, qui conceptus est de Spiritu Sancto, natus ex Maria Virgine, ut redimeret homines a peccatis per mortem suam et resurrectionem." His outfit ripped.

"Et in Longinum, qui transfixit latus Salvatoris dum pendebat in cruce, quo divinitatem Christi revelavit secundum prophetias. Et qui juste Damnatus est propter blasphemiam, cujus tamen Damnatio ipsa pars erat Sancti Propositi Dei."

There was a sharp inhale as the lash struck again. Part of his shirt sleeve hung off his shoulder, clearly exposed dead flesh torn in between ribbons.

"Credo nos sic Damnatos agentes esse Voluntatis Dei, lectos ad Amplexum recipiendum qui temptaremus fideles et revelaremus quid in quoque eorum sit divinum...." His voice faultered. The blood loss. The pain. The fact that he was prostrated before the gangrel priscus like someone of lesser blood...

The Southerners voice dragged from Latin into English.

"I believe that for my sins I am damned to Hell and yet through damnation I may find my purpose in God's Holy Plan." He finished, and there was a renewed tremble of purpose in his voice. Some kind of clarity. As though being held under the lash reminded him of something he had forgotten. Something very important. The Ventrue waited for the Bishop to say something as he felt the slick blood coat his fingers as it rolled down off his shoulders, off his back and off the lash.

August takes 6 lethal willingly and sacrifices all but his last vitae.
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

It's always fascinating to see what form his direction would take. And until John Saint Thomas had wielded his blood against Catherine Keyes, Dillon had been equally fascinated. He wonders if people tend to assume he will be either shocked or impressed at their conviction via pure zealotry. And thus, convinced of their repentance.

And while he might be tempted to assure or suggest a less drastic approach to the penance, the results are far too entertaining. And August's choices to mar his visage and the only clothing on his back as a display of his definition of humility speaks volumes about the man. Which is another reason Dillon tends to leave these things so open. It's very useful as a tool by which he can further gauge the individual.

Which is more valuable than their Confession or Absolution could ever be. Those are truly between he and God, and no other. But you won't catch a Sanctified Bishop voicing that aloud.

"Go forth and be renewed in Purpose, August Galloway."
    Dillon speaks calmly, and firmly, some moments after the performance.

"Sum Sanctus."

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread