Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 15
DISPLAYED
(Capitol Park) Queen Side Castle

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Huh.

Wasn't really what he'd meant. It would suck to score a Hallow and then have the Arrows strong-arm them out of it. Maybe Handy Mandy didn't think that way.

Paranoia Will Destroy Ya.

An accusing finger was pointed at her. "Oh, I caught that. Flexible. Funny lady! OK. I'll admit it. That actually was funny."

It was kind of nice having someone to kid around with.

"Yeah, it's true. 'A secret's only safe', 'Too many cooks', and all that. Honestly? I've never run point on anything. Where I'm from was pretty rigid and, what's the word? Compartmentalized. So this is, uh, kinda all new to me."

Something bugged him about what he'd just said, but he couldn't put his finger on it.

"Anyway. I was just wondering."

He leaned back to consider her next questioned, and windmilled his arms to catch his balance. Damn seat had no back.

"Uh. So. Yeah? Maybe? I've got a couple of 'oh shit' cards to play, but I probably can't beat anyone heads up."

A shrug punctuated the assessment. Sure, some might have lied rather than make that admission, but, straight up and all that. Besides, she deserved to know.

"But, I may see about picking up some self-defense tips from them,"
    he held up a hand to forestall any cracks. "Like, for real. Or, heck, you. It's not like I'm a pacifist or anything."
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

"Well, those are all important things to be thinking about," Mandy smiled a little to him. "Especially since without oaths, this arrangement is simply that: an arrangement. There's no security for anyone. Plus, you need to know what to do to get yourself out of a situation if you do end up out on your own. Given that you've chosen a gaggle of girls, you're bound to end up alone at some point. Unless communal showers with ladies is your thing, and they're okay with it," she added with a wry grin of her own.

Even still, she leaned forward on the table, looking thoughtful. "My self-defense techniques... hm. I suppose I could teach you a little. You ever handled a gun?"

3. Likes Cayce, West liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Naive? Maybe. Sure, it was an arrangement. But Mandy was in, so it wasn't a terrible idea.

"I've, hmmmm, been shown the basics?"

Smiley's People, yo.

"But, really, that's it. And hitting things was more," he held up his pianist's hands, waggling his fingers, "Good hand-eye coordination than anything else. It's, uh, probably something I could get better at."

Somewhere in there was a bad joke waiting to be told regarding her teaching him to handle his gun.

"But, yeah, I'd be down for that. Contribute to the cause, and all. Wouldn't, uh, want to get murderized in the shower alone, right?"

He was trying so hard not to have a Stay-Puft moment with that 'communal showers' bit.
    - Roald Dahl

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

The laughter that came of that was entirely genuine as the brunette shook her head, a big grin crossing her face as she pulled out the raspberry lipbalm from her purse to reapply, tucking it away after a moment. "That's absolutely sensible. Taking one for the team like that. How noble of you, Cut, what a gentleman," she teased lightly.

"But we can set up some time to get together and go over some things with the guns, I suppose, and to talk about other ways that you can keep yourself safe in some way. The more useful you make yourself, the less time I'm going to have to spend concerning myself with keeping you alive," Mandy added wryly.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"That would be awesome."

A wide smile broke out at the laughter, then he started cracking up.

"Yeah. I'd, uh, appreciate that. And, you know, the part about me staying alive, too. Thanks."

Scene Ends
    - Roald Dahl

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread