Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1406)(AFD) Snack table crowd

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Leo Lockheart

PRE

"A Pleasure Jono. Leo said the man who greeted him. Then another came in. And another, and another, and now Leo was surrounded in a crowd. "Hey Idun, Avis, Animus. And a pleasure to meet the rest of you."

"Wow, good turn out." The First Talon smiled. "I'm Leo for those that don't know me. First Talon of the Adamantine Arrow, Counselor of the Archangels, and kinda sorta Sentinel of the Concilium. Um...." He turns back towards the food and drinks on the table that were still fully wrapped. "I don't suppose some of you could give me a hand with this?"

It wasn't weird to Leo to have to unpack still, It was how he met Vae and Weavebreaker.

T

Striker heard Animus' name mentioned and that got his attention. Bonza! He's here. Striker was looking around for who it was when Leo greeted Animus as well. He picked who thought Leo was refering to as Animus and moved to introduce himself.

It was less than a month ago when Striker's old Consilium in Australia had mentioned the name Animus to him. They didn't know much, or said they didn't know much, except that he was a Master of the Life Arcanum, in which Striker was progressing himself. Striker wasn't entirely convinced that they just wanted to get rid of him. He was fairly sure they were, but didn't really care what they thought. This was his chance to learn from someone truly great and he was going to make the most of the opportunity.

Striker approached the mage and asked " Animus?" in a friendly, questioning tone that showed only a little of his eagerness. " I'm Striker, and I've heard good things about you. "

Jonokuchi

PRE

As the food table quickly gathered numbers, Jonokuchi immediately started to unload his stew and the many beers he had brought. When Idun ( RockBane ) introduced herself, quickly followed by Reverb ( Beej ), Jonokuchi nodded to both before replying. "Jonokuchi."

"Japan," Jonokuchi said plainly towards Seren , wondering if they could even produce kimonos his size in the West.

After Leo asked for some help with unloading the rest of the food and plates, the Warlock didn't wait and instantly started to assist the First Talon. Deciding that he really should add something more, he looked around to the group. "Please, help yourself to a beer. I purchased plenty."

R
    Rhapsody032590

OOC

A little amazed at how quickly the snack table filled up quickly with people. Wow, Sacramento is far more happing then I thought. She stepped a little away out form the throng, toward the beer Jonokuchi had mentioned.

To Jonokuchi she said, “If you’re ever looking to update your wardrobe, I know more than a few customers who will do commission work and can get silk prints wholesale.” She gave him a friendly and warm smile before addressing the rest of the crowd here.

”Alright, while I don’t mind public speaking I hate repeating myself so. My name is Seren, Enchanter and entertainer extraordinaire, just in from Vegas. If you ever need a hand I’m usually up for adventure. “ She gave them all her best stage bow and a wink before moving to stand next to Rev again.

Miach

PRE

OOC

Miach shuddered now and then, but tried to keep his nerves under control as more and more mages gathered around him. At least now he was somewhat protected. The Acanthus smiled and greeted each of the newcomers by a cursory "Miach, nice to meet you", but otherwise kept close to Idun and Reverb.

He put the bottle of homemade rum-pineapple on the table, and started unpacking weirdly, never really turning his back to anyone but his two trusted friends.

T

Striker moved over to help Leo with the food, there wasn't much left to do with so many people helping now. Give a hand. Striker chuckled to himself. Some of the complicated covers he left completely for someone else, but other containers yielded their food with only a little trouble. Damn air tight bloody perfect seal stinkin' plastic containers. His stomach quickly reminds him how inadequate his breakfast was and he stuffs a few items in his mouth.

Free beer? This might not be so bad after all.

Noticing Seren move over to where the drinks are, he also moved in that general direction, locating the bag. Plenty... Striker thought of how many people were already here and how many more might come. Ok. Plenty. Striker took a quick glance behind and under the table for the couple of extra eskies that would contain the 'plenty' of beers Jonno's comment made him envisage but was disappointed.

Whoa. Slow down on the theatrics lady. Striker mused as Seren introduced herself. Still, if you're up for adventure and can look after yourself you can be as damn theatrical as you like.

Striker grabs two beers in his one good hand and offers the large Asian one of his own drinks. "Thanks Jonno mate." He says in a friendly fashion through the remnants of a sandwich.

B
    Beej

As mages pour in Vincent gives "Hey"s and waves to those he doesn't know and nods to those he does. Really it would be hard to say hi to everyone without it descending into cocktail hour at a marketing convention. Better to introduce himself one-on-one later when its not so hectic.

2 perception
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-02 19:49:29 Vincent rolls 5 to Wits+Comp (10 Again) 1, 7, 10, 2, 9, 1 2 successes
    As he has eyes in the back, front and sides of his head the Obrimos spots Ixidor on his way in. I'm in a cabal with Adrian Issacs now...how pimp is my life! And when the man heads straight of Asp, Vincent is not the least bit surprised. Vincent could still remember his reaction when first meeting the mage and Asp fared far better than himself.

His attention settles on Seren next because she obviously has spunk and secondly because of her 'entertainer' tid bit. "Hi, I'm Reverb." he smiles and offers her his hand. "You worked in Vegas?" While the tone is polite curiosity, its the tone that perspective employers have when a prospect crosses their path.
    Seren

R
    Rhapsody032590

Flashing a well-practiced smile at Reverb. ”That I did, was born and raised there too. I did stage and parlor magic all the while telling stories form myth. Give people a little culture with their razzle dazzle.”
    Good to know I’ve still got it.

”I’d give you a demonstration but I left in a rush this morning and I don’t even have a deck of cards on me.” She looked a little sheepish admitting how unprepared she was. But here was a man using casting tones on her, and she’d yet to even find a day job yet. But she was pulling out all the charm with this.

“Maybe we could get together some other time and I’d show you what I can do. And no I’m not coming on to you. “ She said with a chuckle hoping to head off the potential misunderstanding. With all my money really tied up in the house at the moment, a preforming gig or two is so much better then working at Starbucks.

2 Success on landing an interview/job (hopefully)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-02 21:20:02 Seren rolls 9 to Persuade Rev to Give me a job (lets put in my dice pool this time.) (10 Again, WillPower) 8, 1, 3, 2, 7, 1, 7, 1, 8 2 successes

Beej

Idun

PRE

"Good to meet you, Jonokuchi." Idun says before turning to greet the others who arrive not long after her. "Hey 'verb. Miach."

"Nice to meet you, Seren. And sure, I'll help you Leo." She says and moves to help Leo with the food.

"Hey, I'm Idun." She says to the as of yet introduced man, Striker.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

So much for the Island of Amazons.

The number of Manly Men was a bit off-putting. That feeling, all the way down in your core, from cave man days -- or even before. That one right up there with fight or flight that instinctively told you if someone was bigger or smaller than you? It wasn't happy. It made him primally aware that he was a skinny son-of-a-bitch surrounded by people trained to kill. The deck of cards in his hand rotated faster.

Asp and Avis ? It wasn't chauvinism. They were simply of similar size, and therefore less intimidating.

He felt like a Mathlete who'd wandered into the football team's locker room.

Except, you know, the math part. He kind of sucked at that.

" Animus . An honor , sir."

He skipped offering a hand. Self preservation. Some guys liked to do that hand crushing thing. He needed his hands.

Despite not offering to shake, the words were polite, and respectful. Respectful in the sense of wary and possibly just a little afraid. Who knew what 'elder' meant? The guy wasn't old, which meant he'd been around a while, or was Enlightened at LSD levels.

Either way? Dangerous. So respect.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

11. Likes Teeramus, Cayce, Sirith liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread