DISPLAYED
Order Up! with a side of human sacrifice

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Dirge

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Dirge sat buckled into the passenger seat of Obsidian's vehicle her cane propped up against one of her legs. The cold steel of the handcuffs pressed tightly against her lower abdomen and were held in place by the waist band of her tight fitting bluejeans. The handcuffs served as a reminder of the task that was given her. She heard the loud steady breathing of Cerberus in the backseat behind her and from the sounds of it, he was sitting still like she asked him to. She heard Obsidian sitting to her left performing the normal tasks of driving with the sounds of signaling, turning, speeding up and slowing down telling Dirge exactly what her friend and Covenantmate was doing at any given time.

Over the sounds of the stereo Dirge could hear a large volume of vehicles passing them by and assumed they were on some sort of main road and the frequent slowing, stopping, and speeding up told her they were somewhere on a city street and dealing with those cursed blinking menaces known more commonly as traffic lights. Although she could not see the urban sprawl around her, she could feel the artificial nature of the structures and the close, oppressive atmospheric press of the city. The human populous had another name for it, they called it progress. She also had a name for it unnatural, but now it was called home as well.

Finally Dirge broke the silence between them, "Migrant day workers are our best bet. They will be the easiest to lure alone with the promise of a job and average wage. They also congregate in different locations waiting for people to pick them up for jobs. We should get our story strait on the way and also where we are taking him. We will want a young man, someone who works in construction, he should have some tools with him he does, that way we can lure him indoors or to a secluded spot away from prying eyes. We can tell him some story about needing a couple of hours of last minute work to prep for an early morning remodeling job. What do you think?"

Sam Skrit, Wizened, Spring Court
    Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

"That sounds excellent, Dirge. Do you want to subdue him in the car? Or do you want to take him someplace? What if he struggles? I am not good with physical violence, though I am not above it. Also, Cerberus would be good for intimidation, should it come to that, but will Cerberus know not to rip the man's throat out?"

Obsidian drives towards the railroad yards. Some migrant workers made their way around the area by trains. They probably settled down for the night close to their transportation route.

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

"I have been working with and training the old boy recently. If I need to I can communicate my intentions with him so Cerberus will know not to kill him. My cane is not just for show and I am capable of persuasion of a more physical nature, especially with Cerberus at my side. If we do this in the car or near it we will need to take him away from a well populated area then bind him and throw him in the trunk. Do you have any experience with the vocal commands of the blood?" Dirge asked hopefully.

Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

"Unfortunately, no. My abilities are more persuasive, and not with the living. However, we are two capable women, and when have two women had trouble getting a man into their car?"

Obsidian sees some fire lights by a pile of railroad ties.

"Let's see who we can find over there."

Narration

As the vampires approach, Obsidian sees a number of people - mostly but not exclusively men - congregating around fires burning in old oil drums and in rough shelters. Most of these people do not look particularly clean, though there are exceptoins, and none of them is well-dressed. Most cluster in groups of 3 or more, but here and there a lone individual sits, in many cases talking to himself.

Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

"I suggest we wait until one separates from the rest. We are not the most forgettable women, and I wouldn't want anyone pointing fingers out way if our volunteer's absence is noticed."

Obsidian is dressed in black casual slacks and shoes with a white, buttoned shirt. She is wearing a black eye patch over her mystic eye.

((How is Dirge dressed?))

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

"Hm...perhaps that is best. Remember we are looking for someone relatively young and in good health."

Dirge is dressed in her usual bluejeans, sweatshirt, Yankee baseball-cap, and blindfold.

Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

((FYI, I'm waiting until DD narrates someone on their lonesome. I'm assuming he needs to recover from RL, first.))

Sorry, I didn't realize that's what you were waiting for, as I had noted there were some individuals sitting off by themselves.

Most of these individuals appear to be obviously mentally ill. Others may just not be very social. Most of these of-by-themselves individuals are male, and a couple look reasonably fit, if not exactly clean or stylish, but the two vampires notice one white-haired woman who wanders from place to place, hanging at the periphery of the various clusters but not joining or interacting with any of them.

In addition, every now and then one of the people who clusters with others wanders off on his or her own behind a burnt-out train car. They're usually gone for a very brief time - a couple minutes at most.

Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

"Dirge, I see that some individuals are going out of sight behind an old train car. Let's go see if we can intercept one of them."

Obsidian opens her door and steps out of the car.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread