Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Calling the Bishop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

PRE

Josephine dialed the number that August Galloway had given her, wondering what the kindred on the other end would be like. If he was anything like the Bishop of Chicago, things would be very unpleasant for her.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

After a handful of rings, the line picks up. A deep, husky, but young-sounding male voice answers after a quiet throat-clearing that must have been angled away from the phone's mic.

"... Yes. Hello?" A pause. "Connery speaking."

It's more fumbled than he would have liked, and much more than his usual greeting given to numbers he doesn't recognize. But to be fair, he was just a dog. Seconds ago. And carrying around this phone between his teeth and trying very hard not to break it. The caller is just supremely fortunate that the words didn't come out as woofs. Or panting.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

PRE

"Hello," a woman's voice replied, the word colored by a British accent. "My name is Josephine Sterling. I'm new to your fine city, but after speaking with a cousin of mine, August Galloway, I heard that you lead the local congregation. I would love to start attending mass, and to properly make your acquaintance, but I know you're a very busy man. I thought, perhaps, that I might hold a bible study some day before mass in order to introduce myself and meet the rest of the faithful, or the curious, in the city."

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Well. A Sanctified Lord. Hopefully, this bodes less like the last Kindred of her Clan that passed through (and apparently is still lurking round in) Sacramento, and more along the respectable lines of their previous Josephine.

Dillon knows that's a bad way to start. Trying to judge or quantify the woman based off of four sentences and those that came before her. But it's merely idle thought, playing at curiosity.

"I see," he says, but brightly, mulling the information over. "That's an interesting idea, that I'm not opposed to. Have you been made aware of Moore House, by anyone else that you've met since arriving?"

The Gangrel seriously doubts it, as infrequently the place has been used by the Domain at large since his Covenant dwindled to just him. But it couldn't hurt to ask.

OOC
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

PRE

"Brilliant. I was hoping the idea wouldn't come across as unpleasant. I don't wish to infringe on anyone, but I must say, I'm eager to explore the faith with my new--countrymen. And no, I haven't learned about the Moore House. Is that our place of worship?" Josephine asked, speaking slowly.

OOC

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

"I'm not surprised. It's been undergoing some... renovations, as of late. It is where our congregation traditionally gathers, yes.

"I thought it might prove an adequate place to meet privately, so you can familiarize yourself with the place as we familiarize ourselves with each other."

There's almost a laugh at the end of that, as the structure of the phrasing begins to sound silly. A chuckle escapes slightly after, ensuring that an overly loose or inappropriate interpretation of the words was not intended. Dillon's only just now nearing the height of his usual wit, after resuming normal shape. And beginning the long, meandering walk back to his car.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

PRE

"That would be excellent. When would you like to undertake this familiarization?" Josephine replied, smiling on the other end of the line. "My evenings are quite free. Or rather, they're very malleable. I should have no trouble meeting you whenever your duties allow."

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon mentally shrugs. She said any time, and if she wasn't prepared, she wouldn't have called. "I'm actually headed that way now. I'll be there for the rest of the evening, working on some things. Feel free to drop by.

"If you're coming from downtown, like I usually am, you can take Golden State all the way down to Florin Road East. Then left off of Florin Road on to Briggs Drive, and right from Briggs to Lawnwood Drive. It's on the corner of Lawnwood and Seventy-Fifth Street."

Since the majority of Dillon's business involved him being near central Sacramento or up in his Regency of Valencia , that's the route he almost always took.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

"Thank you for the directions. I shall arrive presently. I look forward to being able to meet you in the flesh," she said after a time. She didn't need to write the directions down. Just to repeat them a few times in her mind.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

"Likewise." Dillon pauses before delivering the coming farewell, thinking of something else. "You shouldn't be able to miss the building; it was once a funeral parlor and has a chapel. But it can be a little hard to see from the road until you're passing it. However, there will be an all black sixty-eight Chevy El Camino sitting in the drive that is pretty impossible to overlook."

The popular terminology (as the Bishop understands) for such a color scheme on a vehicle, is murdered out. Ha ha. And even if Josephine is of an age or inclination that is unfamiliar with such American automobiles, she can take a moment to Google it.

"I'll see you directly, Miss Sterling."

If there's nothing further, Dillon ends the call.

More OOC, lol

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread