THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

"It is very possible," she began with interest. Yuki thought to herself for a moment considering the other Daeva's words.

"If you would be so kind as to refresh my memory with your sire's name I would be most appreciative Madame Priscus. It is a large city after all, but I was there in the 1980s until after the end of the century so we may have indeed crossed paths. I kept myself rather busy with Invictus affairs and training however and didn't perhaps spend as much time with the clan as i could have."

The diminutive Daeva's avoidance of the use of the usual family titles or clan name didn't give the impression she was being insulting or rude in anyway, but she appeared to have her reasons for avoiding it over much.

Looking to Sir Baldwin she replied, "I am most grateful for your kind words and your interest in my past and well-being, Sir Baldwin. Much of it was without incident and Chicago was well enough when I left it as was New York. The more rural regions were...interesting at times, but nothing that one does not expect from such lawless barrens. I would be happy to discuss them with you in greater detail at a later date if you so desire. I wouldn't want to monopolize your time if you have other pressing business."

Yuki paused for a moment wondering if her comment might be misconstrued in anyway before she continued to address her colleague, "I too would be honored, and most interested, if you would be so gracious, as to reciprocate with your own record of service, Sir Baldwin."

The Lady Knight looked to both Priscus Star, and Sir Baldwin politely and expectantly awaiting their reply.

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Presence: Bewitching ●●●●●
    Striking Looks: Tempting ●●●●
    Distinct Voice: Honeyed ●●●●
    Velma Star

PRE

”My sire?” It was a curious question. Maybe the woman believed her to have been embraced yesterday… maybe she wanted to slight her with the question.
    The narcissistic Ravager’s beast bared tooth and claw, raking her innards and trying to urge Velma to teach the woman a modicum of humility… it was hubris, a different sort of poison that she didn’t felt often.

She allowed the silence to settle in; it would allow the newcomer and those around to know she had understood.

The Succubus grinned. She looked to her side and her blue eyes met those of Asa for just the briefest of moments… she was telling him she would abide by his express request, by the first estate’s interests.

When she spoke again it had all dissipated and she had stored it away, in her stomach.
    ”Unfortunately my sire was nowhere in Chicago during the eighties…” She replied in a casual tone deftly avoiding the question altogether and any other sort of verbal confrontation.

This reminded the Daeva the last time she had argued with someone in this very room. She wondered if Saito had claws to bare at her to and how long it would take Dillon to traverse the court.
    Velma Star*
    STATUS CITY: Harpy ●●● | STATUS DAEVA: ● | STATUS INVICTUS: Lady ●●

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I'm not sure where I was during the Eighties," Asa laughed. "Weren't we all recovering from the Seventies?"

He caught a look from across the room and gestured in that direction.

"It appears introductions are incomplete! Shall we make the rounds, and introduce Lady Saito to Lady Sage?"

It was a slight deflection; he'd caught Velma's look as well. Some Invictus cared for lineage; others, did not. Truth be told, it was a custom he understood, but personally cared little about -- for many reasons.

With a smile, he offered Velma his arm.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

4. Likes Cayce, Wod.Infant liked this post

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

Through shear titanic effort, Yuki managed to keep the polite friendly smile on her face and not let the amused grin creep through. Still smiling she carefully examined the woman from top to bottom mentally noting her observations of the woman.

She had seen women like this before in her travels. Perfect looks, a forceful presence, and sweet simpering voice as she looked through her long tempting lashes. The woman was so used to having people fawn over her that she seemed to take Yuki's prompting for polite conversation as an insult or felt threatened.

There were many things that came to mind that spoke volumes about this woman. She wasn't young, but must be rather new to the first estate judging by her reaction when a polite dodge in the conversation would have sufficed. She appeared to perhaps be the local flavor of the month and didn't like uncertainties. Yuki had nothing against the woman so let her behavior slide as it made no difference to her whom the other Daeva made cow-eyes for, perhaps she wanted to show off, she obviously enjoyed attention.

"I get the feeling that I may have failed to communicate my intentions Madame Priscus. You have my apologies if my statement offended, I was merely attempting to make conversation, not making any comment regarding you personally,"
    Yuki looked to her with sincerity.

Turning to Sir Baldwin when the prince posed his suggestion. Yuki gave the Knight a look of apology. "Perhaps some other time if you so desire."

"An excellent idea," she nodded at the Prince's dodge and a look of amusement crossed her face. "Don't remind me of the Eighties Your Grace, I'm still getting nightmares over all the big hair and shoulder-pads in women's fashion."

P
    Peter Baldwin

His eyes flicked between the other Knight and the Priscus of the Rose, the rising tension a bit of excitement as Star evaded the question asked of her. It seemed that the beautiful songstress had met her match.

And then the Danse of apologies began anew. What fun. Elysium could be rather amusing, couldn't it?

Whatever Sir Baldwin was going to say in reply to Lady Saito was held as the Prince suggested they go make their rounds and introductions. He nodded to Saito's suggestion that they speak later, following the Prince's suggestion. The nod came with a look that suggested they probably ought to talk. And of course they should - there were reports to give and Order business to attend to that did not belong here on the floor of the Nox Populi.

"Ah, yes, Your Grace," he said agreeably to the Prince's suggestion, moving with the group. What Dansing would occur next? He was realizing more and more that this too was a battlefield, where words were the blades and reputations were lives.

He did not have anything to say about the Eighties.

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Presence: Bewitching ●●●●●
    Striking Looks: Tempting ●●●●
    Distinct Voice: Honeyed ●●●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Velma politely waved her hand and her head when Yuki mentioned apologies, clearly dismissing the issue, or any issue.

Following in the theme of the eighties the Succubus continues, replying.

”I think I still have my “members only” racer jacket stored away somewhere…” A mirthful smile graced her lips momentarily.

”Oh! And the leg warmers…” Her smile shifts as if she had just seen something truly dreadful. ”I wonder who had the brilliant idea of turning that into a trend, seriously, I blame it on the television.” After all, Video Killed the Radio Stars!

”Lady Sage, yes!” Noticing Asa offering his arm she obliges wrapping her own around his.
    Velma looks around and finds the exotic beauty, Daniella Sage apparently engaged in conversation.
    Velma Star*
    STATUS CITY: Harpy ●●● | STATUS DAEVA: ● | STATUS INVICTUS: Lady ●●

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread