Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Dine and Gash

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    B
    Bean

Douglas sat in a booth toward the middle of a line of booths against the wall with windows facing the highway. In front of him is a cup of black coffee and a pancake. He was not alone in the truckstop diner. There were about three waitresses, a cook, and a handful of other customers spread throughout the bar and booths. The cup of coffee was still steaming. Every now and then the waitress looks over at his untouched mug to see if he needs a refill but he never does. His pancake is cut into bitesize pieces but left on his plate. It even had syrup on it.

"How is everything hun?" The elderly waitress had asked him twice now. Douglas figures she's concerned that he isn't eating his food. Did she get his order wrong? Does it not taste right? Etc. "It's great, thanks ma'am." He looks up from the newspaper he was reading to give her a fake smile.

"Well alright, let me know if you need sumthin." Douglas nods and replies "Will do." To show that he is in fact enjoying his "meal" he holds the mug to his lips and feels the hot coffee against his skin for the brief second before he puts it back and wipes his mouth with a napkin. Douglas can tell she's not convinced but he doesn't really care enough to add any additional acting. He's paying for the food, he can do whatever he wants with it.

He goes back to his newspaper. He still didn't have a smartphone or anything like that, nor a computer, and so he still rather enjoyed looking through the Sunday paper to try to keep up on the events of the kine. It wasn't because he particularly cared much about their affairs anymore though. It made him a better hunter to know his prey.

Scelesta

S
    Scelesta

Finding the diner had been a stroke of luck, it meant a more stable area to find a meal, and a nice place to relax that wasnt her damn car. She had taken the time to look..presentable, or at least passable, so that she looked approachable and not like she just crawled out of her car. She was quite looking forward to finding a quiet place to sit and watching people for a while and find someone interesting to speak to for a bit.

Walking inside to find a seat it only took but a second as she walked past Douglas' table for her beast to rile itself around in her gut, with an inward curse she does her best to push it down and stops at his table. He wasnt someone she'd met, someone else exiled to this hell perhaps? Either way It should provide some level of entertainment.

Smiling sweetly she places her hand on the table and slides into the seat across from him.

"Good evening mr...?" She pauses waiting for his name.

B
    Bean

Douglas didn't see her walk in, nor did he sense her walk by as he read his newspaper but the voice that she used directed at him filled him with a rage that happened before he was even aware of the emotion. The newspaper flew down to the table and Douglas flashed a look at her filled with rage and aggression and hate. In that moment Douglas hated this unknown woman who had the nerve to come to him to sneak up on him. Douglas wanted nothing more than to tear her apart for it.

But he knew better. And he wasn't in the mood to have to slaughter all the kine who would watch him do and and then spend the rest of the night trying to unsuccessfully cover it up. The moment passed and within a second of noticing her for the first time he was under control again. The snarl on his face settled back into his usual expression of neutrality. His Beast was of course nowhere close to being settled but it was at least tame.

Now for the first time he gets a look at her. She's young. Or at least looks it. He tries to look into her eyes to see any sign of a truer age as he addresses her. "Fischer." He gives her a smile that anyone with a social bone in their body could see as fake. "Forgive me, you startled me. Who might you be? Please, please have a seat. That is, if you're not here with someone of course." His tone is polite and sound well rehearsed but at least sincere.

S
    Scelesta

She raises an eyebrow at his reaction, and holds back rolling her eyes, she wasnt a beacon of self control but there was no need for that. He didnt know her, and she was not in any way presenting a threat to him. She couldnt help but wonder just what was going through that mind of his, was it simply cause he didnt want to deal with another kindred, or had she managed to do something to offend him in the few seconds it took to sit down and say hello? She was clearly the younger one here, how in ANY way was she any sort of concern of his, was he just that big a dog? Tread lightly....she reminds herself.

She took pride in the fact that at least she was being respectful and nice for once, that smile though, that nice fake smile made her want to smack it off his face for but a second, before she realized how unwise that would be, he would break her in two and that would be that.

"I'm sorry that wasnt my intention, not in the slightest, I just dont see many 'people' out this way." She placed a heavy emphasis on people, to imply kindred hoping he understood.

"Joslyn, Evans, And no i'm here alone. May I ask what brings you out here?"

B
    Bean

"No I imagine you wouldn't. It's pretty barren out here from what I understand." He folds up the newspaper and sets it aside. "You want some coffee or something Miss Evans?" He waves over the elderly waitress and asks for another cup for Joslyn, which she writes down and then pours for the Succubus. Douglas was silent while the waitress did so and gave Joslyn a look that suggested he wanted her to be as well.

When the waitress left he continued the conversation. "It's on me. Anyway, I'm just stopping in here in take a bit of a break before I drive into Sacramento and take care of some business. What about you ma'am? You come here often?"

S
    Scelesta

She had barely had a chance to answer before Douglas placed the order for coffee...okay clearly he's the take charge type... "coffees fine, but i'll pay for my own, thanks." The slightest hint of annoyance had seeped into her voice with this comment.
    She remained silent as the waitress poured the coffee, breaking it for but a moment when the waitress had finished filling the glass "Thank you." She says with as warm as a smile she can muster. There was after all no need to disregard the poor woman by sitting here all quiet while she poured drinks and made a living. She made a mental note to leave a decent tip.

After the waitress walked off she turned her attention back to Douglass speaking quietly. "They don't call it the barrens for nothing I guess...Yes though I do come out here from time to time, its quiet, a nice break from the busy city and its...many annoyances." Why she felt the need to lie she had no idea, she just didn't want to seem like she was confused or had been out here for a couple months and still wasn't familiar with the area, of course she doubted he knew of her situation, but still.

"Are you staying in town or simply visiting? If you dont mind me asking."

Bean

B
    Bean

Wits + Empathy (Failure)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-05 11:33:30 Douglas Fischer rolls 5 to Wits + Empathy (10 Again) 6, 6, 1, 1, 1 failure

Douglas continued the conversation entirely oblivious to Joslyn's little lie. "Returning actually. Permanently for the foreseeable future I assume. I had made a bit of a home here for a couple months a year or two ago but my profession drew me out of town for a spell. What about you, are you a permanent resident of this fine domain?"

S
    Scelesta

"It must be nice to have a job that allows you to travel. I came here a few months ago myself, it does seem like a nice place and there's no shortage of customers." she says with a small laugh.

B
    Bean

"Customers? What exactly do you sell if you don't mind my asking?" He decided not to correct her about his profession.

S
    Scelesta

"Baked goods, I run a small bakery in town, specialty cakes things like that. Its fun work, not to difficult and hardly unpleasant, though its closed for a bit while I work a few things out." Without thinking she takes a drink of the coffee, catching the mistake just in time, to oh so carefully and subtly spit it back into glass...Blegh black coffee... She was watching Douglas' movements carefully, just in case. She was still unsure how this conversation could turn out, and she needed to be ready to run at moments notice, then again if anything went wrong it would likely be her own fault.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.