41 - 48
DISPLAYED
(Travelling Wizards) Bladed persuasion

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

James follows Roderick to the other car while Bill walks around the car fetching the knife he threw. The lean Wizard then goes on to search between the cars for the bullet that wounded Daggers' lieutenant.

Meanwhile, the leader of the Wizards replies to Roderick as he watches him work:

"Best buddies? Oh no, we aren't buddies. And tense is fine", - a gauging gaze, - "Still, I suppose preventing a crowd of you guys coming after me would be nice. I'm what you'd call a Rogue Ghoul and I've been roaming across the States for a while, working for money and Vitae. My last town before Sacramento was your neighbour, San Francisco. Some idiot Neonates hired me and my boys to steal some info on your Domain".

A pause, to let everything sink in:

"I was even gonna follow through on it, honest. But Sacramento is... different. I don't know what it is that makes so many of yours simply pass through and I honestly don't care. What's important is that getting the stuff here is so much easier than elsewhere. And I hunt only out of Domain borders", - the smile James shows Roderick is feral, hungry.

"See, I've been doing this a long time and I'm not a threat to your precious Masquerade. And I'm only telling you this so you'll relay it to your bosses so they won't devote too much resources to hunting me down", - he pats his pockets, - "With this me and the boys will be laying low for at least a few months, so you'll not be hearing anything about us for a while".

This time he looks Roderick dead in the eye after taking a glance at Luke ( Crafty Cultist ):

"The only question left is who'll be leaving with your list. I'll be blunt: I'll accept a donation of Vitae from either of you. Otherwise I think I'll hold on to it".

Moonfang you can make the rest of First Aid rolls while this talk takes place.

2. Likes Jaqen liked this post
    C
    Crafty Cultist

Luke grimaces slightly. So that's their deal. While they new what the wizards wanted, whether they would honor their end of the bargain was another matter. For now, playing it safe was probably a good bet. He forced a chuckle and spoke up.

"I'm afraid with how busy we've been the last couple of nights, we're both a little low right now. But I'm guessing that's why you took a hostage, huh?"

M

Fixed up Shotgunny nice and tight. 7/6
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-19 20:59:34 Roderick rolls 8 to perform first aid. [Shotgun Guy 3] (10 Again) 8, 5, 9, 5, 1, 7, 3, 8 3 successes
    2014-06-19 20:59:20 Roderick rolls 8 to perform first aid. [Shotgun Guy 2] (10 Again) 8, 4, 9, 3, 4, 5, 4, 3 2 successes

Roderick couldn't believe what he was hearing. He couldn't help but laugh as the Ghoul told his story. He had already fixed up the Shotgunner when he got up to move to the other guy. "That is fucking fantastic. You honestly have no idea." He pulled out a few things and started on treating the thug leader.

Fixed up the Thug leader really fast. 2/2
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-19 21:02:16 Roderick rolls 8 to perform first aid. [Thug leader 1] (10 Again) 4, 2, 8, 1, 2, 7, 8, 4 2 successes

He was done before he knew it, seems all he needed was a chance to relax. "See, I had told my boss that someone WAS collecting information to use against our cities VIPs. I knew it the moment that I got wind of what you guys did to get the information.. Or maybe you did a subcontract or something, I don't' know nor care at the moment. But really, I'm gonna enjoy looking him in the face and knowing that I was right. So thank you for that."

Roderick looked to Luke and gave a smile. "Ah, don't listen to the neonate. Go light up over yonder." Roderick nodded his head out into the darkness. He looked back to the leader Wizard and patted his Bowie Knife, "Getting that information as a fair trade. A bit of Vitae in exchange for it. Would you be up for drinking it from the palm of my head per chance? Anywhere else would be a bit.. cumbersome, I think."

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

James keeps his attention fully on Roderick, barely registering Luke. He watches the soldier patch up the thugs and calls Bill, who carefully moves the wounded closer to the car while James speaks:

"Drinking from the hand can turn... messy. Best do it by proxy", - he fishes out a small opaque bottle from an inner pocket and hands it to Roderick, - "I'll turn away. Fill it up nad bandage or heal the wound, then we exchange the bottle for your list and all merrily go our separate ways", - a glance is spared towards the jeep in which Daggers' men came, - "Those guys need to get to a hospital if they hope to survive."

As James turns away, Bill keeps his eyes trained on them.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

C
    Crafty Cultist

Luke glances at Roderic, speaking quietly under his breath. "What do you think our chances are? If you think we can get out of this by giving them what they want, I'm fine with contributing, but I'll follow your lead. You seem used to this kind of thing."

M

Roderick gritted his teeth. The choice should be easy. Luke could fire off a flare towards the sniper, blinding him before dashing into the shadows to surprise him. Roderick could take down both of the men out on the open on his own quickly enough. Maybe. But there was one thing that was keeping him from making that choice. There was no indication whatsoever that his requested backup had arrived.

Two Kindred. Outnumbered. Outgunned. No support. But they were Kindred still. They could still best them.

Roderick looked to Luke and saw not a single indication that the other was a soldier, a warrior, of any type. In the eyes of the old Ranger he was just a civilian. And he'd be spitting on the Creed to put a civilian indanger when it isn't needed.

Relaxing, he pulls out his knife and grips his other hand on the blade, "We go along," he replied mimicking Luke's low voice, "Maybe I'll have another shot at them another night." He slices his palm and quickly sets the bottle under the flow of Vitae. "But I"ll rather kiss sunlight than look Martha in the eye and tell her I let your Danse end just because I wanted to play Rambo." His eyes intently watched the flow of blood as it filled the bottle.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

Time to wrap things up. Great scene, guys.

The exchange goes without a hitch. James accepts the bottle and downs it in a few gulps:

"Ah. I feel warmer towards you already. Pleasure doing business with you guys - say hi to Daggers when you see him".

True gentlemen that they are, James and Bill help pack the Daggers' men into the jeep and the rifle guy speeds off immediately after being allowed to do so. The Wizard's leader takes on final look around him to make sure there are no remaining ambushes:

"Well, I'll see you around".

Soon Luke and Roderick are left alone at the scene were very few signs of the shooting remain and no traces of them. They return to the Domain with the VIP list.

End scene. Please write your intentions in the OOC thread: I assume you'll want to report back?

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread