Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The Old Crone Temple (Open)

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

It had been a while since he had laid a foot at this place but it needed to be done. Jayant had work to do and it he had the belief in his actions.

The Circle's court will be a success.

Leaving the van full of cleaning products locked up safe, Jayant makes his way inside, looking where to start the cleaning process.

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Striking Looks 4 (graceful, Alluring)
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani pulls up to the church, the back of her car full of things she was going to set up the altar with. She immediately notices Jayant's van and parks next to it.

Guess great minds do think alike. She thinks as she gets out of the car. She opens the trunk and starts to pull out some of the decorations she wanted to use. Then she opens the back seat and pulls out a large tub filled with other religious paraphinalia.

Closing the car back up, she grabs everything and heads into the church.

"Well now, fancy meeting you here. Sorry to spoil your walk down memory lane but I wanted to get some things set up before the Crone came in and started moving everything around."
    Presence 3
    Striking Looks (Graceful, Alluring) 4
    Mask of Tranquility

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

Jayant spins as he hears the voice, smirking at Ishani's comment.

"Well, we are a group of hippies, what would you expect?", he chortles, looking around once again.

"So much to clean...." he thinks aloud.

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani looks around nodding. "Yeah it sure is. So, what are you standing around for? Let's get to work. I assume you brought stuff to clean with?"
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

"Of course. I am nothing if not prepared."

Heading out to the van, it takes several trips to gather all of the items he thought would be relevant to clean the temple. Neatly stacking it near to the entrance, he starts by picking up a long handled broom and sweeping the stone floor.

After a few moments, without breaking his stride, Jayant asks Ishani, "I've visited the University library and started making some notes on various goddesses, those relating to creation and the like; Mother figures, as it were."

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani immediatly grabs some cleaning sprays and some rags and begins to wipe down surfaces of tables, scrub mirrors, and get the layers of dust off of everything in the place. She nods as she works.

"Good. I borrowed some books from Asa's collection and went through them last night. I found a number of Mother Goddesses from different pantheons myself. Now, what I was thinking was taking five or six of them and splitting the temple up into different sections. Taking each section to honor the Goddess of that pantheon by building an altar fitting the traditional set up of that religion. Then, what I was going to do in the middle is build a shrine to Shiva, the God Paresh favored. I was also going to take drawings of the three of them that I found. Valencia was quite the artist it seems. I already framed them and I was going to place them on the shrine as well in memory and honor of the coterie. What do you think?"
    Presence 3
    Mask of Tranquility

"Astounded, really. It seems you have been quite busy. All I have are some notes for Goddesses on a scrap of note paper. Its a brilliant idea. What other pantheons do you have in mind? I was considering of Gaia and Izanami for sure."

"I was thinking Chehooit, she's Native American, represents the earth basically. Tefnut, who is Egyptian and is mainly a moisture Goddess of Water and such. But a lot of the Egyptians believed water to be one of the ultimate creators and bringers of life. Kamala is the Hindu Goddess of creation and consciousness. We can also use some of the ones you found. I don't want to take over your whole project. I don't think Circe would be thrilled with that, you know?"

She moves over to another table and begins to scrub it down. How long had it been since anyone had been here?
    If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

As Jayant continues to sweep, he begins to hum to himself, very content in this menial chore, a way to focus his mind and make patterns with the dust and grit on the floor. He swirls it this way and that before pushing it towards the corner where he scoops it into a waiting black sack. Leaning on the broom, he looks around the main section of the temple, satisfied with the floor at least.

He glances towards the rooms nearby, looking at Little V's closed door. He stares for a long time.

Sam Skrit, Wizened, Spring Court
    Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

Obsidian enters and sees the others cleaning.

"Let us not forget Ayezan, the wife of Papa Legba. She oversees markets and other public places, as well as helping her husband attend to doors and barriers."

Obsidian is smiling. She wears black jeans and a black t-shirt.

"How may I be of service here?"

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread