Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
(Archangels) The Gates of Heaven

Page 5 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last

Autolycus

"I didn't ask," he responds to Avis, "because he cloaked it and I can't confirm what he says as true or not. I have to ask," he includes Striker in with Avis now, "how well do either of you know him? Because I don't. Even if you both are his best buddies, he could be someone you don't know wearing his face. If you're going to sling spellcraft around people who you've never met, the easiest way to keep justifiably paranoid people from taking it the wrong way is to clue them in first." Normally he wouldn't think that this was something he'd have to explain to people, but Striker had walked in blind. Either people here in Sacramento were badly trained or crazy naive.

When he arrives, Autolycus gives the waiter a pleasant smile and a murmured thanks as he served the food. Once he was safely away, he continued on. "So Leo, you're going on record as saying that we can expect Sentinels to throw spells at people scrutinizing them? That the kind of treatment people should expect in your Cabal if they confront you on bad behavior?" The tone of his voice said Autolycus wasn't done with the matter. "Maybe you think I'm being paranoid and unreasonable, I'm wondering if I can trust someone in my Cabal who I think might attack me."

"Again." He adds, for those that didn't have a sight on to see the spell Leo threw at him.

T

"Yeah well, I, uh," Striker began, his confidence not so strong "know he's the head of the Arrows here in Sacro. So he can't be that bad right? 'Sides, if he's trying something on then, why'd he... I mean what do you think he's up to?" Striker was sounding somewhat incredulous now confused at what Autolycus was paranoid about. He had momentum now and wanted to keep talking but he forced his mouth to slow down to let his brain catch up while he weighed Faith's and Autolycus' words. Sacros gotta be, 'bout 7 times the size of Rocky. Lots more mages here, lots more active mages with different opinions an' views. I'm thinkin' that what was good in Rocky won't nearly be adequate for here in Sacro. Adaptability. Change. Roll with the blows. Be aware of your environment and adjust your technique accordingly. Well I came here to learn and it seems this is a whole 'nother ball game. Time to start pickin' up some tips.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"I'm his neighbor," Avis said without inflection. She didn't say more though. Auto was too busy fixating on his point of attack, trying to damage Leo's respectability. It was clear he wouldn't listen to anything anyone else said. He was too dead set on living in his subjective reality. Sure, his points weren't entirely without merit. This could be an imposter-Leo, gathering intel and setting them up for some kind of attack. That was possible, sure, but Avis didn't choose to move through the world with that kind of paranoia. Caution was important, but so was giving the benefit of the doubt. If you constantly went around suspecting everyone of being a fake, or of having some nefarious purpose, you might as well abandon the possibility of living in a Consilium. You either sacrificed protection for trust or you couldn't exist in a society. Simply as that.

Besides, Avis was confident she could stab the handle of a fork through Imposter-Leo's eye if he did attack them. She was also pretty sure she wouldn't be the only one.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

4. Likes Sirith, Teeramus liked this post

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Heat, slowly scorching the air around him.

Faith let everyone speak before her while she was sitting in silence. Observing. Thinking. She lost her good mood anyway, so she might mean business all the way through.

Those people bothered her. The Sentinel was as arrogant as possible for an Arrow; the rest was too blind, aside of Autolycus, who couldn't find a compromise (though that was far easier to deal with than willing ignorance). Awakened walking the Path of the Mighty ought to be enlightening, not blinding others and the situation started to make her sick.

She needed to decide things fast. Small part of her was whispering of helping those people to raise their heads and start thinking; the other, the one that listened to Eleagia, spoke that bickering with Cabal you can't communicate with is a loss of time.

She didn't have the kind of time Autolycus seemed to have.

The redhead focused on Leo. "Vaeltia... I heard a name like that, but not as if she was someone present in the Northern Chicago. There is a cabal that might know something of this person. Was she your cabalmate or lover, or something like that? Is she more important than people willing to be your cabalmates right here, right now?" The Theurgist spoke calmly, but she didn't appreciate his blatant manner of ignoring people's questions, especially not if the questions were... unpleasant. She decided she would give him the name of Sunhawks neither easily nor for free (if ever).

I hope you can answer me, Leo Lockhart. You better hope that too, because I'm the only Théarch here and I will voice my opinion of you to my caucus. You might be sure of that.

Leo Lockheart

PRE

"Normally I'd say no, but Vae is an exception." He sighed, obviously not happy with Faith's answer. It wasn't anger in his voice, but a mixture of disappointment and anxiety. "She was my immediate predecessor, as First Talon, Banner Warden, Archangel Counselor, and Sentinel. She founded the Archangels with West and was a long time resident of Sacramento until leaving without any warning this past March. I haven't heard a word since then."

He sighed and leaned back in his chair, looking down into his glass for a second. "But, yeah. Here and now and all that." He then turned grudgingly to Autolycus. "Honestly, I cast a spell I've been casting cloaked in mixed company for several years with no issues. But then new guy goes and scrutinizes me, so I went to take out your sight spell to cut the process off. I might have been rude for casting the spell in your opinion, but scrutiny is a challenge and I obliged. Vae shot a guy in the back of the head for being rude. Her predecessor shot a guy for being rude. I've done no harm here except that which you have perceived."

The First Talon took a sip of his beer, determined not to pull the Glock out and follow suit. Although lowered inhibitions might not be the best idea right now. "So to answer your question, since we apparently can't move on otherwise, no I don't treat cabalmates this way. No, I don't treat my Talons this way. You are currently neither yet though. You saw what you thought was poor behavior, and responded with equally poor behavior, which netted you an 'attack'. That's my sinister reasoning. So sorry."

With that he takes a bite of his burger. It sounded like the poor thing would be cold by the time Leo finished this argument, much less get to something constructive.

Autolycus

Autolycus clucked his tongue at Lockheart's response. Wow. Well it's good to know now that he shouldn't call on the Arrows unless he wants thugs, since that's what their history apparently consisted of here. "Well, thank you for that history lesson about the Adamantine Arrow here in Sacramento. I trust you won't pull a weapon on me while I walk out?" It wasn't a serious question, there were too many witnesses.

"Ladies, Gentlemen," he says, standing up and fishing out his wallet. "I wish you all a pleasant evening but I was obviously mistaken when it came to the purpose of this Cabal." He tosses a ten dollar bill to the table, his portion of any tip the remaining group decided to leave. Or they could take it for themselves, he really didn't care. Having not broken bread with the group, Autolycus left his burger and side on the table where the waiter placed it. Neither the Portobello Burger or onion rings would be good cold and he wasn't too keen on eating right now. They could do with it what they wanted.

"Goodbye."

Unless stopped, Autolycus leaves the thread

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Heat, slowly scorching the air around him.

Faith raises her brow.

Waaaaaaitaminute. So, Arrows, Archangels, Vaeltia, all those things are connected. The First Talons have a history of being murderous psychopaths. Ok, that's minimally understandable, even if disturbing too - more disturbing is the fact that the Consilium let them be like that. So this Vaeltia was his cabalmate and possibly his lover or love interest too if she's so important to him. The guy can't see what's wrong is with shooting people down for being rude, or with ignoring the fact that he invited those people to his cabal and yet treats them like trash. Warning sign much?

Brilliant.

Fucking crazy brilliant.

She looks at Leo, thinking of an answer, while glancing at Autolycus and then watching him leave. She doesn't stop him.

After a while of silence, she gets up. "I will say my goodbyes too. I bid you all farewell and may the Wisdom guide you on your Path." You will need that, badly.

For a second she ponders asking the waiter for a doggy bag, but that would take time and Faith doesn't want to stay any longer than she really need. She just takes her bag, leaves the money for the burger and follows the mystagogue.

Unless stopped, Faith leaves the scene.

T

Striker had been stuffing down his burger to ease his rumbling stomach while Leo and the others had been talking, but he had also been listening and thinking. He raised his eyebrows when Leo mentioned shootings.

Ok. This is not really what I expected. I was with you for a while there Leo mate, but when someone pulls a gun things get serious. But heck, I'm not going to up and leave just 'cause someone else shot someone. I wonder why Faith's leaving. Damn. She must think Leo's planning on following this Vae's tradition. Well I sure hope not.

Swallowing the last of what he thought was a disappointingly small burger, Striker addressed Leo "So are you likely to shot someone who's rude? You seem normal, but that's not what normal people do right? If ya got a problem you talk and sort it out. Show's a distinct lack of appreciation for human life to shoot someone down for being rude. Beat 'em up a bit maybe, teach 'em what's right. But shooting 'em's just cold and heartless. That's not the type of cabal you're getting us into is it Leo?"

Unless stopped, Striker will take Autolycus' Portobello Burger and start eating it.

10. Likes West, Cayce liked this post

Jonokuchi

PRE

"Good riddance," Jonokuchi finally rumbles as the departing mages leave the restaurant, pouring himself a glass of beer from one of the pitchers. Taking care not to spill any of the precious liquid, he places down the glass jar with surprising care for a man his size. Looking around at those who remain, he nods before finally addressing Leo.

"I am here to talk business, not to prattle on whether some things are moot or not. If it means the protection of my peers, I will do whatever is necessary to prevent the enemy from gaining any advantage."

With a meaty hand, he picks up his glass a holds it up to the rest.

"If you will have me, I would be glad to join your Cabal. In this, I will not fail."

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Actually, it was good she didn't have a drink. It was too easy to imagine herself doing a spit take or starting to choke when Leo described the actions of the last Counselor for the Archangels. Instead she just sat there silently, watching the retreating backs of Faith and Auto while Striker and Jono talked. Part of her wished that she could be like Striker, and just talk over her concerns, but Leo's admission had made her feel cold. To think that someone in her Order had strayed so far, well, it was disturbing. Violence always took it's toll but for no one else to step in and help that person recover, and for no one to condemn that individuals actions? That was even more disturbing.

"I-uh. I think I'll excuse myself, too. I'm sorry, but I'm just not comfortable with the history you've mentioned, Leo. I--yeah. It's best if I leave. I'll still see you around the Circle, though. Good luck,"
    Avis said, trying her best to diplomatically extract herself from the situation. Awkwardly she squeezed by Striker but then she paused near the table, just long enough to hear Leo's reply to the Aussie and get an idea of Leo's reaction to the withdrawals.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

13. Likes Teeramus, West, Sirith liked this post
Page 5 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
Closed Thread