Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(Archangels) The Gates of Heaven

Page 2 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Avis looked at Leo oddly. If he was that hungry why didn't they just get a damn table and talk while they ate? Or get food to go and talk elsewhere if there was a wait? Well, whatever. Maybe he wanted to vet them a bit before they broke bread.

"For those who don't know I'm Avis. And I'm not really throwing myself anywhere, yet, but I definitely want to hear what you have to say, Leo. I mean, we're in the same club so it just kinda made sense to check out the-uh, the ad, ya know?"
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

T

As the thin young woman slipped past Striker he paid her no attention until he realised she was joining the group, he took a quick look at her, but the only thing he noticed was that her clothes looked like they weren't fresh off the rack. He wondered if she was in a similar situation as himself, low on cash and having to make do with what he could get.

Then the giant lumbered into view and Striker stared at the sheer sze of him for a second. Jeez, what a huge bloody bastard. Must be strong as a bull to carry around all that weight.

Autolycus introduced himself and Striker was about to ask the other man by the door if he was Leo when he confirmed as much and then led them inside.

The smell of food hit him as he walked in and his stomach let him know how empty it was. Crikey, what I wouldn't do for a steak right now.

He listened to Avis and wondered if "The same club" as Leo meant she was an Arrow too. She doesn't look that strong, how's she any good at combat? Hmm I shouldn't judge her until I've see her in action. Heck, I'm down an arm but I still manage ok. No-one had notice his missing left arm yet, or if they had Striker hadn't noticed them noticing.

"Call me Striker." He began, toning his voice down from it's normal overbearing level, "and I came to Sacro to learn more. And I came here." He indicated the resturant they were now in "'Cause I just got to the States and don't know any bloody person here, so I'd like to hook up with a group who can tell me something about the area. Don't worry, I'll do me dues, but I'm not what you'd call on ya feet at the moment."

He paused for moment then looked up, and up, and up at the asian man, the only one whose name he now didn't know. "You're a big bloody bastard," he said in what he thought was a friendly tone "What's ya name?"

3. Likes Sirith, Forn Clakes, West, Cayce liked this post

Jonokuchi

PRE

As Leo opened the door and led them in to join the queue, Jonokuchi filed behind them all, the last in the line but that was fine. It gave him more time to look at the menu. Still, straight to business it would seem and even though it was an interesting concept in talking amongst the Sleepers, the Warlock knew how to keep his words short and layered.

Listening to the others, Jonokuchi glared at the amputee that dared to disrespect him in public, and showed him no remorse. He didn't know his story, or how he lost his arm, but if it was the way he spoke to others, he no doubt deserved it.

Instead, he looked towards Lockhart, the one whom had called this gathering, the one who could possible give him the opportunity he craved.

"I am Jonokuchi," he stated in his heavily-accented voice. "I have traveled a thousand miles to regain my honour, which was stolen from me."

Autolycus

So first impressions. Lockheart wasn't giving him much to work with. Avis seemed cool. Striker was loud and young and probably good for a distraction. Auto thought a thousand miles might be a little excessive when it comes to how far you expect someone to travel for honor. It also didn't bode well for future interaction considering Auto's line of work. C'est la vie.

In response to Lockheart's questions, he shrugs while wearing a bored expression. "I'm an artist, there's a lot of stuff around here that I want to work on. I didn't have any other plans for this evening." He obviously wasn't going to go into any more detail while standing in line with a bunch of sleepers.

Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-30 14:33:44 Autolycus rolls 1 to Recognizing Jonokuchi Wits + Politics + Fame (10 Again) 8 1 success

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Heat, slowly scorching the air around him.

Supernal Vision (Pot 3) and Magic Shield (Pot 4) cast at home
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-30 14:36:54 Faith rolls 6 to Magic Shield (Gnosis+Prime+HS) (10 Again) 10, 10, 7, 5, 10, 1, 6, 2, 8 4 successes
    2014-05-30 14:35:24 Faith rolls 9 to Supernal Vision Rote Wits+Occ+Prime+HS (10 Again) 6, 1, 1, 1, 10, 9, 7, 8, 1, 4 3 successes

When the redhead heard the rumors, she didn't make much of them at first. So some guy who lost his cabalmates is trying to keep the cabal alive, huh? Talk about people who can't learn. But then she learned the name.

Moths can't help but heed the call of the flame. Similarly, any Obrimos react the same on the very trace of some ideas. Faith was one of them. And she needed a cabal, anyway.

It was very unfortunate that this day she delved too deep into her research. The Pope was going on the pilgrimage! If that wasn't an occasion to read some theological articles, Faith didn't know what was. Still, that made her come late, even though she tried to get ready as fast as possible. Thus, she comes into the bar with her hair messy and a bit short of breath (though not much - running in the frigging heels wasn't ever too fast to strain her enough; it's not like she risked broken legs). At least just before approaching the club she put her skirt in order...

Her Sense tingled like crazy as she entered, and multiple resonances of spells sounded like a cacophony before she got used to it. Quick glance through the place revealed a bit mismatched, unusual group... with an already known mystagogue. The Theurge approached them. "I'm sorry if I'm very late. I'm Faith. Am I mistaken or is it a meeting for a certain Choir?"

The redhead smiled, a bit embarrassed by her lateness... and by the fact that she didn't know which one is the person who organized it.

T

When Jonokuchi ignored him Striker's expression went from somewhat friendly to a mixture of confusion and annoyance. Regain stolen honor? What sort of nonsense 'quest' does this bozo, Jonno, think he's on?

Ticked off by being ignored, Striker distracted himself by assessing the 'artist' Auto. Looks like he can handle himself. Movements seem intentional and fluid. Could be quick, but he'd probably be hiding behind something if he got in a fight. If I was going one-on-one with him I'd be worrying about sneaky tactics and him using stuff around him against me.

Then the redhead walked in and any frustration Striker was feeling was forgotten. He wasn't usually one to stare at a person, but from the moment she came through the door he was entranced. Whoa. Who's the sheila with the fiery red hair? Damn, she's introducing herself, is she here for the cabal too? Choir? Ohh Angels, choir, got it. Wait, what did she say her name was? Fate? Faith! Right. Well stop staring and introduce yourself numnuts!

Striker quickly took half a step forward with a friendly smile and his one good arm extended to shake her hand. "Name's Striker miss, and I think we're all here for the same reason."

8. Likes Forn Clakes, Sirith liked this post

The Sewnskin Doctor

I thou...of angels
    choki...their tiny halos
    Get them drunk...se water
    ...ll out their fragile teet...
    clip their...ings

3 Sux Entropic Guard, 3 Sux Grim Sight
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-31 16:45:50 Geist rolls 9 to Grim Sight (Wits+Occult+Death+HS-2 Advanced Prolongation factor) (10 Again) 6, 6, 2, 9, 10, 4, 9, 6, 6, 3 3 successes
    2014-05-31 16:44:10 Geist rolls 9 to (Wits+Occult+Death+HS-2 Advanced Prolongation Factor) (10 Again) 10, 2, 2, 5, 3, 9, 8, 7, 6, 7 3 successes
    Tinny lyrics whine through the cheap Radioshack earbuds. The deeper part of the bass gets lost somewhere in the tangle of shitty wiring. "Stupid piece of crap." Geist glares at the worn jack-in while he paused to kajigger the had to bend the input plug just right. The music popped in and out with every nudge. Just when he gets a steady soundflow, one errant step knocks the sound back out of focus.

"Ugh. Forget it." He jerks the jack out of the port and stuffs his earbuds in the pockets of his black and white pinstripe jeans. He lets the rest of the song spill out into the open air, holding his smartphone to the side of his head as he head bangs to the pulse of the beat. Because Geist is not gonna let faulty equipment get between him and his tunes. Soon enough he catches a hint of cooking meat in the air. His stomach grumbles in anticipation. Really glad the meeting's at a fast-food joint and not some stuffy warehouse like the those creepy Black Hand fucks back home. I could use a bite.

The Moros stops in the front of the restaurant to go over his appearance from his transparent reflection in the glass of the front doors. Voudoun leather jacket and a torn sleeveless with the White Stripes peppermint swirl against black. Steel toed-boots, spit shined. His palm-pentacled bum-glove. He looks himself over before crossing over the threshold into the Burgers and Brews.

Looking good. Time to see if the Archangels need a dead man. No pressure. Sure, I'm a little late but if they're anal enough to care about a couple of minutes then I'll make sure to jet before the bill comes in. I'll check if the johns got windows..

The crowd is thick and loud tonight and the Punk slips into the joint among the other patrons. Geist has no trouble at all finding the cabal assembly; Jokonuchi stands out like an even sorer thumb than the Moros in the midst of a number of individuals already in the middle of some robust discussion.

He strides over to the group with a grin and the brief wave of his gloved hand, flashing the pentacle on his palm. He directs an unsarcastic nod of the head towards the Sumo Wrestler. "Evening Jokonuchi-san, good to see you." Then he looks over the rest of them. Auras trail off of them like luminescent smoke against the subtle grey-tone his Grim Sight paints over the rest of the Sleeper crowd.

And the rest of them is quite alot. Jokonuchi of course. Amputee with some legit tat-work. Redhead who (Holy shit) just might be shorter than him. White dude in khakis (God I hate Khakis). Another white dude with a good seven inches on the Moros. Hoodie chick. Geist chews the inside of his lip as he gives the group a brief once over Bigger turnout then I'd thought. Man, are we gonna have to fight to the death for the open spots? Cause I'm not gonna go Battle Royale just yet for some Tass. He cracks his neck from side to side while he looks up at them all. Excepting the aforementioned redhead.

"Call me Geist. I saw the posters you guys hung up at the clubs around town and wondered if you still got spots open."

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Leo took in the information as the others spoke. One looking to sink his roots in, one for information, but Jonokuchi is the one that caught his attention. A small smile formed on the First Talons face. Regaining honor meant that he dishonored himself, but his words meant he knew what he did wrong and was working to do better. That was something Leo knew and could appreciate more then anything else.

Leo wasn't very impressed with the way Stryker addressed Jonokuchi. It was rude, but before he could say anything the stunning beauty that was Faith came into view. Unknowingly Leo widened the smile just a bit. And then another approached. Another Leo honestly didn't know what to think of. The Theurgist knew about the punks, but he thought they went out of style with hair bands and coffee flavored coffee.

"Wow, big turn out." Leo said before addressing the two new people. He wasn't happy they were late, but at least they made it in time for food. "I'm Leo Lockheart and welcome to the new people. We were just going over reasons for coming to Sac town and for being here in particular."

When Leo finally reaches the front of the line he smiles to the cashier. "Hi, may I have a Bacon Cheeseburger, no mayo, with fries and some of your fine Guiness." He stops for a second before turning to the group. "Actually, y'all wanna make it a pitcher?" Either way he places the order and takes his ticket, scanning the room for a nearby table.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Avis shrugged. "I'm gonna have a coke. Thanks for asking, though."

She chewed on her toothpick a bit and looked toward the newcomers, giving the red-head and the punk a circumspect once over. She was glad another woman had shown up, and Geist, well, she liked his style. It was nice to see someone letting their freak flag fly.

"Good to meet y'all. I'm Avis," she said to the Obrimos and the Moros.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Jonokuchi

PRE

When Leo offered to buy a pitcher, Jonokuchi nodded before adding, "Order two." Beer was a good staple to any sumo's diet, after all. He dug around in his coat's pocket and produced some spare cash to get some food and add to the tab.

Looking around at the newcomers, the red-haired woman was instantly captivating on the eye and to her question, the large Warlock simply nodded. The second arrival, however, garnered a small smirk.

It disappeared when Geist addressed him.

"Its Jonokuchi," the sumo replied to the skinny Moros, emphasizing where the 'n' and the 'k' should be. Finally, he looked back to check out the menu.

Page 2 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread