Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Let's Try This Again, Shall We?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Narration:

O-Yama awakens after some passage of time... he has no way of knowing how much. The last things he remembered were the rush of excitement, the hope he might be on the verge of escape... and the excruciating pain of fire.

He finds himself in much the same situation as he was in last time - bound at to a metal slab - save that in addition to the other bonds, atop the bonds he is wrapped in a virtual web of steel cables. Conspicously, they do not cover the area of his chest over which hovers the infernal device housing the hydraulic stake and the flame jets. The slab is tilted at an incline, his feet down, head up and back, allowing him to see some of his surroundings, though he is still unable to turn his head more than a few degrees.

O-Yama also finds it more difficult to move his hands at all, and looking down, he sees why. They are pinned to the metal table, thick metal, rather like a giant staple, punching through his hands and bolted onto the table, the flesh healing around the wounds.

Glancing around, he sees things much the same. He sees the middle-aged, stocky, bald British man, dressed in the same style as last time. He also sees the younger black man, and a 30ish woman with short, auburn hair and black-rimmed glasses, wearing a lab coat over a white blouse and short, grey skirt.

O-Yama does not see the other captive vampire, Anatoly, who - when last he saw him - was staked with his skull opened, exposing the brain. He does see Mel, however, who is once again gagged. He also sees the torpid, staked, badly burnt and still-mutilated elder with the exceptionally potent blood. He feels a revulsion when he views this vampire, presumably the monstrous Bethem, yet at the same time he feels a sense of affection, and is pained at seeing this other vampire's form so horribly damaged.

The black man, once again writing on a clipboard, points his pen over at O-Yama, and the British man turns.

"Ah, awake again I see." He walks over, looking at O-Yama while avoiding looking at or near his face.

"I am rather impressed," the British man says. "You got further than any of our test subjects have managed thus far, and taught us a few things in the process, things we can use to better restrain, study and eventually destroy your kind. So, my thanks for that. It was also quite entertaining to watch. A pity video footage of your kind is so unreliable. I'd enjoy watching that one over and over, and at least one of my associates would no doubt find it quite useful for fueling masturbation fantasies.

"I also have to admit a grudging respect for your tenacity, but that only goes so far, and at a certain point, stubbornness crosses over into the territory of stupidity. So, are you ready to answer some questions and provide us with useful information, or are you going to be stupid and have to be shown just how serious we are about our work, and just how seriously we are willing to fuck you up to get what we want?"

ST Note: O-Yama awakens at with Lethal damage in 4 boxes, with 4 Vitae and with full Willpower.

O-Yama
    O-Yama

NOS
    PRE

"I ahm vewy sowwy, but my enwish is howwible." O-Yama says affecting a brutally harsh asian accent, to match his usual appearance. He winks with his one eye, sure that the aren't looking but not caring at this point. He smiles, knowing that what is about to happen is probably going to hurt.

"So stupid it is, then," the British man says, shaking his head as if regretful even while grinning a wry grin. "That's fine. It gives me a chance to earn my obscenely high salary, and there are few things more satisfying than reducing one of such strong will to a frightened, obedient, mewling wreck."

He walks over to a table and starts sorting through some equipment. O-Yama can't quite see what he's doing, as the man has moved over to O-Yama's blind side.

"You're probably thinking something along the lines of 'If they wanted to destroy me, I'd be a mouldering pile of dust and ash right now', and maybe 'Any harm they do to me, I can heal, all I need is to survive.' Well, you're right that we'd rather not destroy you at this point, because that would be wasteful when you could potentially be useful. But you're very wrong about us not being able to do you irreversible harm."
    The man comes over, and O-Yama can see he's carrying a bottle of some clear liquid.

"You see, while we haven't yet determined the full capacities of what your kind can and can not withstand physically, we've determined that mentally, you're not all that much different than us. If anything, your minds are more fragile than ours. So, we're going to test out what that one subject I mentioned earlier told us."

The man turns toward something or someone unseen.

"Flames," is all he says, and suddenly the flame jets turn on again... not quite strong enough to burn O-Yama, but strong enough for him to feel them.

Resolve + Composure check to avoid fear frenzy

O-Yama
    O-Yama

NOS
    PRE

not afraid of your feeble attempts

"And so you don't have anything else to distract you from the flames," he says, unscrewing the bottle, the lid of which doubles as an eye dropper, "sulfuric acid."

He moves over to O-Yama's blind side and extends the dropper over O-Yama's face, over his one good eye. O-Yama can see one drop quivering on the tip of the eye dropper.

O-Yama
    O-Yama

NOS
    PRE

"You think I'm afraid of your feeble attempts to scare me? I am not, I am an immortal, you fool, nothing short of flames or meeting the sunrise can have any true lasting effect on my body, and even then, I will recover from it after a time unless it is enough to kill me. I'm grow tired of your little games, give me your damned questions." O-Yama says, not flinching in the least at the eyedropper, nor the mention of acid.

After a pause, the British man says, "Very well." O-Yama sees the young black man step forward, clipboard and pen at ready.

"First question. As best you can estimate, how many of your kind dwell in or around Sacramento?"

O-Yama
    O-Yama

NOS
    PRE

O-Yama thinks for a moment, making a mental checklist of all the kindred her personally knew, and the ones he knew of but didn't know by name.

"I estimate the number to be somewhere around forty, though there may be more or less, I dont personally know the full extent." He was pretty sure the number was closer to sixty, but didn't know that for certain, he wasn't a Harpy or Seneschal, so fuck these scientists, the best they were gonna get was a rough estimate... very rough.

O-Yama then looks back at them.
    "Next question?"

The man steps back, putting the dropper back in the bottle and screwing it shut, but remaining out of O-Yama's view.

"Earlier you lied regarding the common powers of your type. This time, let's have the truth. You mentioned supernatural strength and speed and so on. What other powers are common to your kind, and what other, less common powers do you know of?"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread