Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Words on the Street) Shadowed Streets

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    C
    Casitive

Jargon. Medical Jargon. Faith has had enough of it by the time she is finished. It was all receptors this, cognitive function that, toxicity levels this, and half-life that. It was enough to throw the stack of paper she found out of the window in frustration.

The one thing she did realize, while drilling down into Medical Journals is the obvious: they didn't know much about it. It was untraceable by current methods and it was completely out of the system of junkies an hour after their trip while being highly addictive. One journal called it the greatest threat to the War On Drugs since the emergence of chemically created drugs coming out of China.

At least the newspapers and articles used English. GLO is a new drug and Faith found that it only smashed its way onto the radar of the Sacramento Bee about a year or so ago. There's statements by police stating that it is a dangerous cocaine like substance and that, especially women, should watch their drinks.

More recently, along with the advent of the new tablet version of the drug, there's another article stating that the rise in 'bad trips' have increased. The unfortunates, the ones who weren't found like the Strawberry Blonde woman, were known to attempt suicide or other drastic measures.

At the end of a day's worth of research, Faith finds a blotter that catches her eye. An arrest in Valencia on charges of Possession and Intent to sell $1000 worth of GLO.

It's enough of a clue and, while the sun set, Faith is idling next to an empty lot that a guerrilla gardener group has taken as their own. The Street has a rough edge and the shadows that will certainly be coming will be darker than most. But, maybe, coming here will lead her and the others somewhere.

Sirith Bigpaw Samaritan kimura

Miach

PRE

Informed by Faith of their next meeting point, Miach had prepared to comply.

Every time he thought about GLO, the Acanthus wondered whether they'd find another Mage hanging upside down, his blood used in rituals best left unconsidered. It was usually at that point that he started feeling torn apart between his righteous anger, and his fear of a repeated abduction. At least, there was safety in numbers, even if he only really knew Kiko.

Parking a block away from the rendez-vous location, Miach wore what was now his customary military vest, as well as khaki trousers and rangers. Walking carefully along the walls, he was walking as silently as possible toward the young Obrimos.

"Hello." did he usher from steps away, so as not to startle the redhead.

cast at home
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-23 17:23:35 Miach rolls 10 to Wits 3 + Occult 3 + Rote Specialty 1 + Prime 1 + HS 2 (10 Again) 10, 2, 5, 7, 1, 1, 7, 2, 4, 4, 3 1 success

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Heat, slowly scorching the air around him.

Cast at home, Supernal Vision Potency 4, Nightsight Potency 1
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-23 17:27:08 Faith rolls 7 to Nightsight (Gnosis+Forces+HS) (10 Again) 1, 3, 1, 5, 4, 7, 9 1 success
    2014-05-23 17:26:23 Faith rolls 9 to Supernal Vision Rote Wits+Occ+Prime+HS (10 Again) 5, 7, 8, 4, 9, 9, 7, 7, 9 4 successes

After her finding Faith wasn't thinking much. The tracks are the best fresh, right? You don't get it fresher than just after the arrest. So Faith sent messages to all of the involved people. Simple messages: <<*Address*, Investigation. Possible Tracks of Abyss. In 1h? Will B There>>. And she got herself ready.

By the time Miach came, Faith is already nearby, trying to get used to the sudden lights and noises. She's wearing black jeans, T-shirt and sneakers, and dark-blue polar jersey - things closest to grey she ever had. (And she is really glad that evening where a tiny bit cooler than the days yet.) Even her red hair are bound into a bun on top of her head, so her fiery mane is not as much giving her away. In a small backpack hanging on her arm she hid a beanie, a flashlight, a knife, some rope, a first aid kit, a phone (set to silent) and a few small plastic bags.

She wasn't an action girl - never a Girl Scout and she often depended on Arrows back in Chicago - but she watched movies.

When Miach arrives, the doesn't even turn to Miach before saying "Hello". She just checks the time. On a wrist watch. Hidden under the jersey's sleeve. "Do you think the others will come?"

Bishop

Presence: ●●● (Professional)

Status (News Media): ●
    Status (Concealed Firearms License): ●●
    Status (P.I.): ●
    Status (Consilium): ●
    Status (Guardian of the Veil): ●

Cast at home
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-24 08:25:41 Bishop rolls 8 to cast Grim Sight 24h (Wits 3 + Occ 1+ Death 3 + HS + Tool -2) (10 Again) 7, 6, 10, 3, 1, 3, 10, 4, 2, 8 3 successes
      Cast on site
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-24 08:27:10 Bishop rolls 3 to recast First Impressions Scene (Gnosis 2 + Mind 2 -1repeat) (10 Again) 8, 9, 9 3 successes
    2014-05-24 08:26:34 Bishop rolls 7 to cast First Impressions Scene (Gnosis 2 + Mind 2 + WP) (10 Again, WillPower) 2, 1, 4, 7, 6, 7, 4 failure

Bishop was not happy. He had almost finished his shift at the Hostel Hi, when his phone hummed in his pocket. He had finished with his customer and then went into his small office compartment, before checking the short message he had received. Back then, he had resisted the urge to just simply call back and tell the sender that if he ever used words such as Abyss so carelessly over an unsecured line, he would personally slap her back to school. But he had not.

Instead, he had taken a cab to personally go there and do what any reasonable member of the Guardians would have done, when the word Abyss was mentioned. Investigate. Slapping someone back to school was optional.

He had left the cab one block south of the address. Straight after leaving the driver, he had attempted to influence his pattern and failed, before exhaustingly tried it again and succeeding. Still, it was not his best day and the company he was about to have suggested, it would not really improve from here on out.
    <Who died anyways and made the school-girl king?> he mused idly, before straightening his suit and shirt, both a noncomittal gray with a blue tie, held firm by a golden pin with a small eye, half closed.

He had made his way through the neighbourhood, until he reached a corner with small wild gardens. It sat ill with him, that he was commanded around by the readhead, who demonstrated such an incredible lack of discipline when it came to the supernal. But the situation left him no choice. So he abided by the rules he had set for himself. Manners, guidance, secrecy.

He approached the two other mages.
    "Good evening, Mrs. Faith. Mr. Miach. I take it this could not wait, since it was apparently necessary to speak publicly on higher callings via unsecured online services?" he greeted them, his tone level and very calm.
    Health: [][][][][][][] | Willpower: ●●●OO | Basic Mana: 6/11 |
    „Spoken.“ | Thought | Done
    War is worse than Hell - in Hell, there are no innocent bystanders...

5. Likes Teeramus liked this post
    C
    Casitive

With Kiko going inactive, we'll be skipping her for the foreseeable future. If there's any you'd like to bring in at this time, this is a good time. Otherwise what would you like to do Bigpaw Faith Sirith and Samaritan ?

Bishop

I am actually waiting for someone to tell me, why I have been called into this scene. Apart from that, Bishop would like to try interview the suspect, that was apprehended, assuming he can bribe/lie/smuggle himself into the precinct.

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Heat, slowly scorching the air around him.

Sorry for the wait. Since kimura deactivated Kiko, I'll continue with the plot.

Rawr, the Lion gives voice out in her head. The old man is amusing as usual, with him wasting time and air to bicker, to show his domination, when he just can't dominate. Maybe using 'Abyss' was too far, but it wasn't as offensive, she thought. And she was in a rush. Yet, letting him rule because he's older? No way.

"I may be just learning things of your theoretical specialty, Mister Cleric, but when I've been doing my research on what we're researching now, I found something that couldn't wait. This lot," she starts speaking more quietly while she discreetly points at the place, "was used by people who wanted to sell a lot of what we seek and is supposedly cleaned up by police, but some things can't be found by them, right? But tracks are better fresh. If you don't want to check them, I'm not keeping you here, it was merely an incentive," she smiles. "Don't you want to teach me, an ignorant, Mister Cleric?" The smile, the tone, it's pure looking for a fight, but she can't help herself. She rarely used provocation, yet this man's ego itself is asking for a fight.

The redhead looks around and checks the time once more. "I suppose miss Kiko won't be joining us, so I'd say we cut the crap and go in, at least those of us who are willing to."

Bishop

<Trying to be smart, are we now?> Bishop thought, before turning towards the gardens, his interest clearly spiked.
    "Me teaching you will not be possible. You will, however, find that we do have a common mentor, except that I have attended classes much longer than you, Mrs. Faith." Bishop replied the challenge nonchalantly and actually sounding quite bored, while he studied his surroundings with some intensity. He wanted to make sure, nobody was actually watching.
    "But since you have information about all this..." he gestured to encompass the whole loacation, "...it would be much appreciated, if you could tell me something about the here and now. Was there any violence during the police raid? Any witnesses or apprehensions?"
    Bishop took a few steps into the compound, taking in his surroundings as if he was intensly studying a landscaped painting. He looked for blood stains, bullet holes, traces of chemicals on the floor with his eyes, while his supernal self opened up and listened for any alchemical sounds.
    His hands played idly with a small golden pendant around his neck.

Alchemical Scan
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-31 18:20:52 Bishop rolls 5 to cast Detect Substance - Old Blood (Gnosis 2 + Matter 2 + Tool) (10 Again) 1, 9, 8, 1, 4 2 successes
    2014-05-31 18:20:05 Bishop rolls 5 to cast Detect Substance - GLO (Gnosis 2 + Matter 2 + Tool) (10 Again) 1, 4, 3, 5, 10, 10, 5 2 successes
    2014-05-31 18:19:26 Bishop rolls 5 to cast Detect Substance - Lead (Gnosis 2 + Matter 2 + Tool) (10 Again) 1, 6, 4, 1, 2 failure

C
    Casitive

Bishop's pendant tumbled through his fingers as the imago formed, attempting to open his senses to the stains the world left behind. Traces were always left, a little of this or a little of that – it added up.

However, Bishop's initial attempt slipped through his fingers, too annoyed by the young girl next to him. As he moved closer towards the crack-house, his mind grasped his second attempt easily. Instinctively knowing that the house held quite a bit of GLO, the drug glimmering in the shadows.

The final look over, was much more difficult. The amount of the dried blood that Bishop searched out, was but a trace. Just before he would have given it up as a lost cause, faint amounts sparkled against the steps to the House.

Miach

PRE

Sorry too, I should have posted sooner, but I was waiting for Kiko as well.

Miach greeted Faith and Bishop in turn, each with kind words. He didn't approve of the growing tension rising between them, though, but thought it might be used to his benefit should they find some GLO, and did precisely nothing to deflate it.

The tall doctor was very interested to learn what the Obrimos told him of the reason for her call, and his eyes sparkled as he looked at the building. He was still torn between the sickness of what he had witnessed, and the craving he felt for the drug, and was walking on thin ice there.

The Acanthus nudged them forward quietly. "I'm ready to move on." he said, looking around for onlookers and trying to blend stealthily with their surroundings.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-01 06:48:03 Miach rolls 5 to Wits 3 + Stealth 2 + Equipement ? (10 Again) 10, 6, 7, 5, 3, 9 2 successes

12. Likes Sirith liked this post
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 4

You do not have permission to view the list of names.