Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Looking for roommates (fangs are mandatory)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)
    Aspect of the Predator active outside Elysia

PRE

Casitive , Bigpaw

A lone man sits in a corner private booth at the Lilly. He's wearing a suit without a tie, with the top unbuttoned, and has a glass of whiskey in his hand which he doesn't drink, satisfied with smelling it. There are photographs and floorplans in front of him - a large building with two floors. Patiently, Michael Redfill waits for Aileen McFarlane and David Reagan to join him.

Tonight he hopes to present the others what he thought of as a win-win situation. But everything will depend on how they perceive it.
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1
    Aspect of the Predator active everywhere because Deputy
    Status(Academia) 3 (PhD Scholar)
    Sanguine Scribe of Terror
    Default Vitae: 9/10

2. Likes Princess liked this post

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Her curiousity aroused by what Supplicant Redfill wanted, Aïleen was rather early at the Lilly. Her own plans had been stalled, and she had much less paperwork now than she would have liked. Perhaps she would even soon resume her study of the Great Work. Regardless, she had had time to wonder what the Gangrel wanted, and she could only think of something tied to his recently earned Regency. But what exactly...

Spottinh the Savage in a corner, she walked toward him slowly, looking left and right to make sure of potential eavesdroppers's positions, and was satisfied that noone was too close.

"Good evening, Regent Redfill." she offered in a low voice as a manner of greeting.

C
    Casitive

Rotating wheels, turning chains, and rhythmic clicking find an inglorious end in front of The Lily. A peddle bike was one of the humblest methods of transportation any Kindred could find themselves with. It wasn't as lowly as taking public-transportation everywhere one went, but it certainly wasn't the lofty-heights of a Bentley, Aston Martin, or a Ferrari.

David, however, found he didn't miss driving all that much. It's been thirty-years since he last did it, and he still kept his ancient Minnesota Driver's License, but that was more a souvenir of the past.

After chaining the bike somewhere secure, David fixed his vest and retrieved his blazer from the recesses of his satchel. He didn't have that many suits, but the ones he did have were meticulously well-cared for. The Lily wasn't a place he visited – too upscale for his spartan existence – but he knew it required it.

There was a tie but his very top button wasn't buttoned.

A quick check of his watch revealed that David was just on time and he entered the Lily with it's one-way mirrors and men's club atmosphere. The Mortician noticed Redfill easily enough, the corner booth that he stated in the text he already occupied. That wasn't why David blinked. He blinked because Aileen, who he didn't expect, was also there.

Dr. Redfill,” David murmurs his greeting when he approached, “Aileen, good evening.

The faint smile was entirely genuine.

-1V for Blush

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)

PRE

Michael stands up to greet the two Kindred, bowing to both of them slightly. He doesn't speak up until the door to the private booth closes, ensuring their privacy:

"Good evening, Miss McFarlane, Mister Regan. Please, have a seat", - he gestures to the sofa opposite him. Dealing with Shadows was quite pleasant - no Beast to worry about. You could be polite without feeling murderous which was always relaxing.

After they are seated, Michael continues:

"I suppose you are wondering why I have called you here. Let me start with the fact that the offer I'm about to make and the decision you take will have absolutely no bearing on your rights in Florin: you have earned those. And now for the proposal", - Mike gestures to the photos and floorplans on the table, - "I offer you that".

He doesn't make a move to give them the plans and makes a pause to watch the others react. The papers strewn all over the table show a large house, more than a dozen rooms on two floors and some adjacent territory. While the floorplans show good architectural decisions, the photos tell a different story. The house appears run-down, with holes in the roof, remnants of destroyed furniture. On shot is that of a room where a fire definitely happened.
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Greeting David with a friendly - and surprised - smile, Aïleen turned back her gaze to the table as the Regent spoke.

While she hadn't known what to expect from Dr Redfill's text - an opportunity connected to your residency in Florin - Aïleen certainly hadn't expected that. From the look of it, it looked like an offer of a Haven. Unless it was another project, like a Library. She didn't know the Savage that well, after all.

Being now more familiar plans and the like for her attempt at creating her own place, Aïleen tried to gauge the intent of the place from the plans before speaking up. An informed answer would be infinitly preferable to a wrong one, but she couldn't do it from the mere bits of it.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-23 17:59:31 Aïleen rolls 5 to Int 5 - MotIH 2 + Academics 2 (10 Again) 2, 7, 6, 1, 7 failure

It was better to play it safe, then, and assume nothing. "Is this a place you want looked into, Regent ?" her tone was as neutral as she could make it.

C
    Casitive

Returning the Regents bow with one of his own, David carefully took a seat on the couch. His left hand undid the button to his blazer while turning his dull-brown gaze to the Gangrel. Though the scholar was familiar, his Companion was suspicious. It whispered about the confined space in a misguided, and ultimately ignored, attempt at enlightened self-preservation.

The Mortician spared a single-fleeting glance to his side, but David's curiosity and attention fell towards the Regent in their midst. Once Mike makes his opening pitch and gestures to the photos and the floor-plans, David's gaze drops to them. Leaning forward he slid a few of the photos towards him, picking them up with a discerning eye.

It will certainly need to be rehabilitated,” David offers quietly as he regards the photos in his hand again, then absently offering them to Aileen. His attention then moved to the floor plans and city land lot designations. “Specifically,” David asks adding to Aileen's question, “would you like us to investigate its environmental properties?

Like Aileen, David didn't expect this when he replied to the text message. If it was, what he thought it was, it was a pleasant surprise. However, the Mortician did not want to put the cart before the horse (as it were). “It could be a beautiful building,” the Shadow added archly after another glance at the photos.

That feeling that Aileen's done her best to ignore is the Predator's Taint.

Narrate it or roll it

Aileen rolls for Rotschreck:
    +2 dice (expecting to meet another Kindred)
    2 Successes needed

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

OOC

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

OOC

Whether it was because the Gangrel's plans only outlined her current difficulties, or because her grip on Sobek had lessened to a startling point after she had laxed in her studies, Aïleen's closeness to Dr Redfill triggered a reaction in her Beast the like of which she had forgotten for several months now. It rose to tear apart, kill, slaughter, butcher, catching control of Aïleen's body for a split second. The Mekhet quickly reasserted her dominance through the hard-earned mental discipline she had trained in, but the strain couldn't have remained unnoticed.

Hopefully, the gentlemen wouldn't point it out...

11. Likes West liked this post

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)

PRE

Michael is about to reply to David when he sees Aileen twitch. And... are those fangs popping out for a second or two? The symptoms are pretty clear so he stops and waits for her Dragon training to kick in.

And that's why we allow the Mask at Court. And also why a Kindred orgy is a very Bad Idea. Unless you're Gangrel - we can handle some bark and bite.

After Aileen has taken a hold of herself, he finally replies:

"I am glad you see the potential, Mr. Regan. I agree which is why I've purchased this mansion", - Michael smiles at the other two Dragons, - "And I'm not offering you a job. I'm offering you a Haven. The location of the mansion is rather good, there is a basement and an abandoned library - it needs a lot of work but it can really be something. I know that maintaining a place with enough security to feel safe, enough space to be comfortable and good placement is pretty much impossible for one of us, which is why I've called you here. We are all Dragons so Covenant paranoia is less of an issue than it might've otherwise been and both of you have been here long enough for me to not be too worried about living under one roof. I, myself, am dead tired of sleeping with a proverbial loaded shotgun next to my bed".

Once again, he waits for their reaction.
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1

13. Likes Yumyumcrow, West liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread