Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Surprise Performance!

Page 2 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
    M
    Mayberry

Briefly, Harlan hesitated at the bartender's jibe, taking a self-conscious glance down at himself. Then he smiled, a little thinly, clearly deciding no ill was intended.

"Usually," he allowed with a chuckle. "Can I get a whiskey on ice, please? Whatever's good but, please, be kind to my poor wallet."

He reached a hand into his slacks, procuring said wallet to pay for the drink and silently adding 'obtain credit/debit card' to his apparently ever-growing mental task list.

"Say, is the crowd here always so..."

Harlan paused, making a brief motion with his head and eyes to indicate the two of them and the Nightsinger, then a bit more publicly, indicating towards Coco and her interesting attire.

"Eclectic?"

C
    Casitive

After saying her greetings to the Claviger, Aaren walked further in; heading for the bar and those she hasn't met yet. The two of them had Spring's mark on them and as Searce, it would be rude if she didn't extend her hand to them.

“Jack,” Aaren tells Jack Tarra , “can you make their drinks,” indicating Mayberry and Trickster , “on me please?” The Gilded Lady of Spring sets her fingers on the bar, “And a Bitches Brew for me, if you have it.”

Green, growing, wet moss lingered around Aaren – her own mark of Spring. “I'm Aaren Eloi,” she tells Harlan and Lynn.

M
    Mavspade

Jack looked to Harlan and smirked.

"That's an understatement. Your new around here right?" Her eyes darted up to Aaren and the Winter hare gave a nod. "Can do"

Jack moved about the bar at some speed producing the drinks ordered. The Hare sliding Harlan his Whisky on the Rocks...going for a nicer whisky given the fact he was covered by Aaren...Jack assumed the Spring Searce would perfure that gesture.

"They call me Jack" She said to Harlan.

She than whipped out a Bitches Brew for Aaren.

"You starting a tab Aaren?" She asked leaning against the bar with a small muted smile.

Mary Lee
    Mary Lee

PRE

Figuring the girl at the door was just too busy with so many things to do at once, Mary gives her another smile and wave, and almost offers the slightest pat of reassurance before rethinking the gesture, and heads straight to the bar.

To those assembled, she offers, "Hello, everyone I hope you're all doing well? I'll take water, no ice when you get the chance back there. No rush. I should get everybody moving."

She offers a wave specifically to Harlan and informs him simply, "I'm Mary. The woman in charge of this whole deal wanted me to make sure everybody's alright, so let me know if you're looking for any direction, hon."

And without further adieu, the muse with the guitar finds her way to the front of the room to check the mic before pronouncing. "Hey everybody, nice to see we have some turnout. There's a list for you to sign up and get your turn up here riiiight yonder where my finger's pointing - don't be shy, you'll see it when you get close enough - but since everybody seems shy I'll offer a drink to the first person who gets up here and gets the show on the road. No pressure, but it will be delicious."

And with that, the muse winds her way back to the bar, with her slight delay brought about by repeatedly pointing towards the sign up sheet for everyone to see.

Lynn Mills

Lynn held out her hand and smiled with a brief flash of teeth. “My name is Lynn. We just got into town recently and we wanted to pay our respects to the local Court and see if they could find a place for us.” She gestured with the drink in her hand. “I appreciate the drink, by the way.” She looked around, hearing the offer from the woman on stage. “A free drink, hmm?” She grinned again, the light of a challenge gleaming in her eyes. “Well then, who can turn that down? Excuse me, please.

She quickly stepped up on stage, lifting her drink to Mary. “I’ll be glad to take you up on your offer ma’am.” She swiftly pulled her fiddle around from her back, pulled it out and ran the bow across the strings to test the tune. Finding it perfect, as always, she looked out to the crowd, such as it was. “Well then, there’s one song that I always start things out with, on account of it being just a bit too close to the truth. It was wrote by someone who either got very lucky, or knew a bit to much of the truth.” She quickly swung into a rendition of The Devil Went Down To Georgia.

6. Likes Origins, TheMalkCat, Princess liked this post
    M
    Mayberry

The Wizened Waterborn turned towards Aaren and smiled at her drink offer, nodding in thanks as he took up the glass and shifted his position to address the women at the bar.

"Yes. New here, that is... Harlan. Nice to meet you all."

Once Mary retreated and stepped onto the stage, he chose to quietly listen to what she had to say, not wanting to miss what she was saying, or speak too loudly and draw attention from her. Upon reflection, he became certain he couldn't draw attention from her even if he had a bullhorn. And had been lit on fire.

Harlan paused, looking in slight confusion to Lynn as she - as near as he could tell - spoke for the both of them, gave thanks for her drink, then bounded off to the stage in pursuit of a second free drink.

At Lynn's choice of song, he couldn't help but laugh. His face reddened a little, taking a drink to cover his outburst.

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse
    Duration: Year and a Day

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)
    Duration: Year and a Day

PRE

Daniel approached the Blue Note. He was a little hesitant to say the least. The last time he'd had a drink... it hadn't ended well. According to the news papers he'd died. Daniel almost wondered if he hadn't that night. The Lady had always brought those on the verge of death. Had he lain on a slab, god knows how long, before being set to his task?

Daniel brushed aside his thoughts and put on his calm smile. If the rumors were true he this was the kind of place he'd been searching for. Alcohol or not.

"Hello," he said pleasantly to the red haired woman at the door. Was she the bouncer? It was then he notice her eyes and antenna and his smile broadened a little. Apparently this was the right place.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

9. Likes Cayce liked this post
    S
    Saeyer

The fiddle was not a sound the Scrivener was accustomed to hearing coming from the Blue Note, but it certainly set a tone. Stepping across the threshold, she murmured an 'excuse me' to the unfamiliar Winter Courtier standing with Coco, and sent the Spring Claviger a wry smile and a small wave. Moving toward the bar out of habit, her eyes swept the room for familiar faces. Casual in jeans, boots, and a dark orange blouse, Ava smiled at anyone who met her eyes, 'ling and mortal alike.

She had only considered bringing something to read for a brief moment before concluding anything she could muster would be decidedly un-Spring. Nothing like going to someone else's party and making an aggressive non-sequitor. But it would still be interesting to see what other people brought. Sliding up to the bar, she spent a moment listening to the woman playing the fiddle before turning to grin at Jack. "Hey, you, how's it going?" She hadn't had a chance to see the Hare at work yet, and now had seemed as good a time as any to harass her.

Glancing to Aaren, she gave another broad smile. "Hey Aaren, good to see you. Dιjΰ vu, I think?" If the Nix remembered correctly, they had met in almost the exact same place the previous Winter. Regardless, she turned her attention to the Searce's conversational partner and gave him an involuntary once-over.

Fins and gills, huh? And those eyes. It looked like she was no longer the only fishface in Sacramento. Mouth curling into a inviting, albeit toothy, smile, Ava extended a boney hand. "I don't believe we've met. I'm Ava."

Lynn Mills

Lynn finished her song, drawing the bow smoothly across the strings before looking up. There was starting to be a bigger crowd in tonight, which would be fun. She glanced around, looking to see if it looked like anyone else wanted to take a turn but didn’t see anybody. “Hey all, we’re here to have fun and entertain, so if anybody has a request, please feel free to let me know.” With that she adjusted her grip and swung into an Irish reel, one that didn’t suggest dancing but out and out demanded it.

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

After the first courtier that stepped through the door Coco found she wasn't up to the task of being a greater. She was able to return Bubba's hug, and Ava's wave, but two beautiful members of Spring had already moved onto more exciting pastures. Hopefully they didn't feel slighted. Well, even if they did, she could make it up to them later. As long as all parties concerned drew breath no bridge was truly burned.

Tossing that train of thought aside, Coco turned to the pale, dark eyed man who'd just greeted her. "And salutations to you! Welcome! You're just in time for some excellent music. Please feel free to dance. Or imbibe until you start dancing anyways!"

OOC
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

Page 2 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread