Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Amuse-Gueule

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    W
    Walker

At last it was ready.

The invitations were dispatched. The decorations had been slaved over, and for the first of many times in the previous week he had wished for a summus to do all this hurrying arround for him. The coolroom was filled with enough blood to supply a large hospital.

Attachment 4106

Harold was dressed in classical black tie, dusting off his savile row tuxedo for the first time in what felt like an age. He stood leaning on the balcony above the doorway, leaning on the railings as he watched the hands of his watch tick their way to 11.

He turned and walked down through the house. Passing through the pale cream corridors that network the upper house, he makes his slow way down through the rooms. He pauses as he looks admiringly at the setup of the dining room, seeing Jean frantically making last minute corrections to the decour. The interior bled luxury, from the antique oak furniture to the dark velvet drapes. Set upon the pristene white tablecloth were glass vases full of hothouse china roses. The Madame Notorary had been very generous in that regard.

He did not pass through the kitchen as he made his way to the door, it being full enough of the multitudes of crystal glassware required for the 6th courses, and the members of his staff that he and Jean had managed to drill into passable waiters. Instead he straight through the lounge, a land of white wall and whiter carpet, till he reached the door to the sound of the great old grandfather clock tolling the hour.

He located the remote for the concealed speakers within the house, setting the voice of Edith Piaf singing 'La Vie en Rose' trickling into the background.

Now all he had to do was wait.

P
    Peter Baldwin

Baldwin arrived promptly at two minutes before eleven, his invitation tucked neatly under his arm.

The Knight wore a black business suit (pressed just so, of course) that evening, with nicely shined black dress shoes to match. His suit was accessorized by Clan Nosferatu's dark green tie with a matching pocket square, and he wore cufflinks bearing dark green gemstones that were a gift from his Sire. Decorating his right ring finger was the veridian gold ring that bore his Order's symbol.

It was an unfortunate fact that Sir Baldwin had been asked to act in his official capacity that night as a sentinel to ensure that peace was maintained at the gathering. A stake was tucked within the lining of his jacket, and his knife was strapped to the outside of his lower leg and tucked under his trouser leg for easy acquisition. The placements were meant to be minimally intrusive, as he was here to enjoy himself just as much as any other... but should things get out of hand, well, that would not do. He was sure everyone would maintain control of themselves, that their Host was simply being prudent.

Through the door, he could hear music that was to his liking. Excellent. He raised his hand to the bell and rang once.

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer entered the event wearing a dress that she did not have occasion to wear very often. It had been fashioned by a seamstress after the full bustle gowns of a more elegant time. The dress was in lavender, of a fabric that was smooth and delightful. Satin? Jennifer thought. The back of the dress had an elaborate fabric flower. Jennifer swept her hair into a full bun, clasped with a shimmering barrette. While arriving, she had a thick satin shawl of white draped over her neck; effectively hiding her neck from the eyes of Kine.

Dress image

"Sir Baldwin," Jennifer greeted the Knight with a respective nod befitting his station. She was pleased to see the Knight in attendance. "- are you protecting the gathering this fine evening?"
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

4. Likes Chrisie, West liked this post
    W
    Walker

Harold went to open the door, though not beofre checking the camera to see who it was. Satisfied as to his guest's identity he unlocked the front door and politely gestured for the Knight to enter, any effort the beast made to rage crushed totally by his will. He would not shame his heritage by being anything less than the perfect host, one of the reasons why he himself was at the door and not one of the servants.

Welcome, Sir Baldwin, Madam Notorary Hazelton. I'm glad that you could make it." His pleasant smile not wavering an inch as he endured the Knight's Curse. "You seem to be the first arrivals, so may I suggest you make yourself comfortable in the lounge while we wait for the other guests. It has a beautiful view of the gardens. I would join you, but I would consider it remiss of me not to welcome each of my guests at the door, I do hope you understand." He gestured through the open doorway to the left that led to the airy lounge by way of guidance.

P
    Peter Baldwin

Peter's head turned as Jennifer Hazelton arrived, flashing her a polite smile and giving her a small bow from the waist. He had enjoyed quite the good first impression of her, and was glad she was in attendance - then again, what Invictus feast would not involve such an esteemed member of their local number?

"I am, Madam Notary," he replied quietly, with a small affirmative nod. "I am sure it will be a most peaceful and enjoyable evening. It is a pleasure to see you tonight --"

The door opened, revealing their jovial, gargantuan host. The bigger man's Beast threatened his own, giving the Menace its first major discomfort of the night. He was sure there would be many more, and clamped down upon the urge to flee.

"It is a pleasure to be here, Mister Thorne. Thank you for receiving us." It was a classy thing to do, answering the door for them rather than sending a servant. Sir Baldwin stepped aside to allow the Notary to enter first. Once she had entered, he would of course follow. He paused next to their host and spoke quietly. "If there are any concerns for security this evening, Mister Thorne, you need only let me know."

His smile then was chilling. It was probably just the Haunt's Curse making it so.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella had been surprised and pleased to have received an invitation to this social gathering. As a result, she spent some time picking the right dress, a long form fitting white dress. Her long hair was placed in an elegant bun, and her makeup was perfectly applied, a smoky eye with nude lip color. Giving herself a once over, she was pleased by the classy look the dress provided. Everything was perfect, after all she was a Lady of the First Estate and a Domain Official.

She had rented a town car for the evening, an expensive, yet important detail. But knowing you had friends in England who had sworn to help provide for you made it an easier expense to have.

Her eyes carefully took in her surroundings as she walked to the door and rang the doorbell.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Presence: Bewitching ●●●●●
    Striking Looks: Tempting ●●●●
    Distinct Voice: Honeyed ●●●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Velma felt surprised for receiving the invite the join Harold’s soiree.
    Maybe it was one of the perks of being one of the clans Prisci? You started to get invited by other kindred even before you were introduced to them, for Velma it was a positive thing.

The Succubus picked up a black dress, simple and classic lines that were given ample elegance by the soft brown fur. Velma believed it resonated with the more animalesque nature of the banquet, it evoked feelings of the thrill of the hunt, the feeding, the exhilaration of the moment and the atavistic expression of sustenance it entailed. The rest of her ensemble consisted of accessories, a black hand purse, and a pair of black high heels. She had her perfectly manicured nails done red, blood red, as well as her lipstick which colored her lips in the traditional color of her family.

Arriving at the appointed time she notices the familiar shape of Daniella Sage ringing the doorbell…
    The Ravager’s grey blue eyes moved upwards to meet those of Daniela, it had been a while since they had last seen one another.

”Miss Sage, it is so good to have you back!” There is just a small pause to allow the shadow to reciprocate.

”A mutual friend of ours had shared news of your possible return… it’s good to see she was not mistaken.” The Kallisty’s smile widens slightly, clearly pleased by the situation.

Outlook
    Velma Star*
    STATUS CITY: Harpy ●●● | STATUS DAEVA: ● | STATUS INVICTUS: Lady ●●

W
    Walker

Harold began the process of leaving his chair the moment the bell rang, sadly this had no effect on the fact that only when Velma had come to greet the Lady Sage was the door opened. The large prescence of Harold filling the doorway for a second before he stepped aside and beckoned for her to enter, his smile warm and welcoming to the two kindered."Welcome, and thank you both for humoring me by appearing tonight. I do believe that the other guests are gathered in the lounge while we await the rest of those attending tonight. And might I say ladies, if you forgive me my rudeness, you both seem to be representations of absolute perfection this night." He gestured the pair towards the doorway where the other two had already passed.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Her Beast takes notice before she does, its teeth on full display, demanding the chance to tear apart the smaller Beast. She turns gracefully to see whoever may be approaching, and is surprised to see Velma. There is a brief moment where she carefully takes in the Daeva, from a new hair color, wasn’t it red, to her choice of dress.

Ever the Lady, a warm smile appears on her face, “Miss Star, how wonderful to see you! Thank you for the welcome, it is wonderful to be back in Sacramento.” She answered, her tone friendly.

A mutual friend, she thinks, wonder who. Deciding not to dwell on it for now. “I am pleased to see a familiar face this evening, and might I say, that is a stunning dress!” she praised.

Her attention was pulled away as the door opened, and their host appeared before them. There is a very brief moment when her Beast snarls its demand for blood of the weaker Beast, before she flashes her best smile, “Thank you for extending an invitation, I look forward to a marvelous evening.” Says the British Shadow, “You are too kind, thank you for the compliment!” she replies with a sweet smile, accepting his invitation to enter the house. When he mentions there were others, her curiosity was peaked, was it new faces, or maybe familiar ones?

As she enters the room, her Beast is struck by the two Beasts that already resided within the room. But one felt familiar, and her eyes quickly settle upon Jennifer. Madame Hazelton! This was truly a lucky night. The moment of power struggle over her Beast was brief as there was a quick yank on the chain that held the annoying thing in check.

A wide smile appears on her face as she makes her way over to Jennifer, her voice low,“Madame Notary Hazelton! What a pleasant surprise to see you here! It has been far too long, how does the evening find you?” she asked, her tone sincere. She then turns to the Knight with a smile, “A good evening to you as well Sir! I am Lady Au Pair Sage, Mistress Keeper of this fine Domain.”
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"Marvelous, Sir Baldwin. "
    Jennifer said pleasantly as the door opened.
    "Mister Thorne, thank you for the invitation."

Jennifer enters before the Knight of the Thorned Wreath, giving him a respectful nod as she did so. It was so pleasant to have a proper party. She was rather excited about this gathering. Mister Thorne's invitation was suggestive of a pleasant night in sophisticated company. It would be a welcome experience.

"Of course, Mister Thorne. " Jennifer glances at those who arrive and mentions approvingly.

Miss Sage? Jennifer's eyes flicked to Priscus Velma Star for a moment, taking her in. Miss Star cut quite the figure. Her eyes took in the woman's attire; right down to the accessories. Jennifer approved; although the Lady was given a wide smile by Jennifer.

"This is Sir Peter Baldwin, Knight of the Thorned Wreath. I am pleased to claim him as a member of the Nosferatu family." Jennifer made introductions between the Lady and the Knight, although the Lady had began herself.

"Lady Sage, I am so pleased to see that you have returned." Jennifer replied, a genuine smile upon her face. "I had departed to study with a Lady Notary in another region. I learned new devotions there, which I am very pleased to be able to administer here. I regret that I was not here to see you rise among our ranks."

Jennifer's eyes slid towards Miss Velma Star. Jennifer smiles pleasantly at the woman, if a bit formal.

"Good evening," Jennifer says to Miss Star. "I am afraid that I have not had the pleasure."

"Perhaps you could introduce us, Lady Au Pair Sage?" Jennifer suggests politely to Lady Au Pair Sage, continuing the Invictus practice of a third party making introductions to avoid any embarrassing faux pas.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread