1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Open) Reacquainting with the nightlife

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

It was almost like a force of habit, patrolling the streets of Sacramento. But there she was, walking the familiar streets, looking for trouble, or new faces. Just as she was about to call it a night, she found herself in front of The Lily. Glancing down at her dress for the evening she knew she was dressed perfectly for a night cap within the high class bar.

Once inside, a thousand memories came rushing back to her. There had been many good times within these walls, she thinks with a smile. Her eyes quickly scan the room, not spotting anyone she knew, and her Beast didn’t sense any Kindred. That kind of disappointed her, she was hoping to run into someone she knew, but perhaps someone would show up.

Deciding to make the most of the rest of the evening, she walks up to the bar. Ordering a Gin, neat, she takes a seat with a good view of the door. Picking up the glass, she gently rotates it in her hand, watching the liquid move around.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

P
    Peter Baldwin

Peter Baldwin's exploration of Sacramento continued this evening. The Haunt's next stop was a cigar bar just off 19th Street, an upscale sort of joint that he actually liked the look of a fair bit. Smoky bars of men and women puffing on big cigars, that was an image from the past that appealed to him. It was rough, but it had a class of its own. It was a civil demeanour pulled tightly over something else.

The Knight knew a thing or two about that. Maybe that was part of the appeal.

Sir Baldwin looked quite dapper that night, a pinstriped grey suit over a white shirt offset and accessorized by a blue tie. His shoes were shined just so. So too was the ring resting snugly on the fourth finger of his right hand. It was his mask of Invictus civility, along with a nice enough smile and an attitude of poise and grace that helped him present himself to the world in spite of the Menace that constantly poured off of him in waves.

The politesse just helped.

As he entered, he did not feel the presence of other Kindred. That was nice. It made the night more bearable. It was not other Vampires that he minded - no, it was the press. The howling. The striking terror and horrific rage that constantly, endlessly beat against the walls of his chest and blasted through the neurons of his brain.

"I would love a Davidoff and a glass of Glenlivet 12, please."

It was a prudent choice. Glenlivet 12 was drinkable, but it was nowhere near his favorite. Sadly, his budget was not infinite.

PRE

There was something to be said for wandering the streets of a strange city. Josephine had spent most of her life, both living and damned, in the same metropolis so she found this a novel experience. There was definitely an element of fear as her feet carried her through the unfamiliar streets of Sacramento, but she was one who delighted in uncovering the unknown so she found the apprehension only sharpened her enjoyment of the evening. As she walked on she mood began to demand company, as solitude tended to wear at joy, so she called the only Kindred she knew in the city. She told Maximilian to meet her at a club called the Lily. It was a landmark she'd passed not long ago and it looked like a fine place to pass time in. The invitation sent, she walked into the building.

Unused to being in such places, she drifted over to the bar and took a seat next to a gentlemen in a pinstriped suit ( Peter Baldwin ). She smiled slightly, noting the difference between their choice of attire. Unlike the gentleman, who's suit catered to the conservative, she wore an all black pant suit that only served to emphasize the exceptional paleness of her skin. Indeed, in the right light her head and hands almost appeared to be floating apparitions, independent of a body.

"I would like a glass of something. Say your house red, if you please." Like her clothing, the drink would only serve to be an ornament for her appearance.

4. Likes West liked this post

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Her Beast takes notice before she does of Peter. Its teeth on full display as it growls a challenge to the weaker Beast. Gently soothing it, she puts it back in its cage as her eyes take in Peter. It was a nice looking suit, and he seemed very poised.

She was about to approach when she saw the woman take the seat next to him. Not sure if the woman was Kindred or not, but she certainly was pale enough.

Picking up her drink, she walks over to the two, a friendly smile on her face. “I couldn’t help but notice you walk in.” she says, the smile still on her face. “I don’t wish to intrude, but I hate drinking alone, may I join you?” asks the British Shadow. Sometimes she hated being able to Mask her Beast, and often thought of dropping it. Looking to Josephine, “I must say, that is a striking suit.” Her tone nothing but genuine. She wasn’t sure if the gentleman knew the woman or not, best include her case, she would hate to come across rude.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

6. Likes West liked this post

It was the first time he left London since his embrace and he was not a fan of the experience. The streets seemed strange and menacing, the lack of familiar landmarks was making him nervous and he always had the nagging certainty that someone was watching without knowing who. And, for the moment, he had no ghoul to protect either him or his interests. Again, he was not a fan of the experience.

He had received a call from her blood sister Josephine, asking him to meet at a place called “the Lily”. It was as good a place to start getting familiar with the city as any. For the occasion, he wore one of his expansive, custom tailored business suit in order to make a good impression in case he met one of the kindred residing in the city. The atmosphere of the club was … odd and not something he was used to. He walked towards the bar trying to look confidant but looking edgier than he wanted to. His beast flared a little at the sight of a familiar face, as Josephine was already there, talking to another woman. He wasn’t sure whether or not the other woman was kindred and his beast didn’t react to her presence.

“Greetings there Jo. I hope I am not interrupting anything? And good evening Miss.”
    He said in a polite tone, the last part was directed at Daniella. "May I join you ?" He waited for a few moments to see whether or not the two woman would welcome his presence. If they don’t, he will leave them respectfully and will wander in the club. If not, he’ll propose to buy the women a drink. Personally, he thought a bloody mary would be an appropriate if obvious choice ...

8. Likes West liked this post
    P
    Peter Baldwin

Beasts. Pressure, pushing down on him.

He felt the urge to retreat boiling up within his chest, to run away so he could live to fight another day. Sir Baldwin clamped down on it. Such a thing would not do. He took in Josephine's suit with a brief glance, wondering if it was wise to dress in such a manner as to accentuate the fact that one looked dead, and offered her a nod. "Hello," he said.

Then another woman approached, one the Kine would certainly call a beauty. She wanted to join them? That was fine. "By all means," he said to the... Kindred? Kine? Ghoul? Without a Beast, it was difficult to tell. He smiled at her. "It is a pleasure to meet you. My name is Peter Baldwin." He lifted his glass to his lips, but did not drink as another arrived, causing him to lower it to greet him. His gold ring bearing the Thorned Wreath remained entirely visible. He had nothing to hide.

But the man seemed to not see him. A greeting to 'Jo', a greeting to the beauty who had approached. How politic.

"Good evening." His lips curled up in a little smile, his graceful poise remained on full display. Yet somehow, regardless, everything about him was tense and menacing, as though he were about to snap. The Curse of Clan Nosferatu had a sick sense of humor.

PRE

There was brief moment before the beautiful kine approached Josephine and the man, a brief moment were the knight's eyes met hers and she saw a demon behind them. One that was young. One that was weak. Her lips peeled back from her teeth but she turned what would have been a barring of them into a strained smile. Josephine nodded to the woman but she couldn't reply before she heard a familiar voice say her pet name.

"Ah. Maximilian. Yes, please do, so long as present company does not object. If they do, then I'm not quite sure what to say," she said, accepting her glass of wine from the bartender. "And I will not stop you, madam. Join us, if you wish. But I must admit, 'us' might be a bit preemptive. I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar with the gentleman to my right. I hope you don't think me rude for taking a seat so close to you," Josephine said to Baldwin, beginning to gently swirl the red liquid inside her glass.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

She turns her head to take in the charismatic gentleman when her Beast roared its displeasure once more in her head. Mentally sighing at it, she yanks on its leash, not only putting it back in its corner, but letting know who was in charge. “Good evening sir!” replied the Shadow with a friendly smile.

She looks back to Peter, “Thank you!” she says as her eyes pick up on the ring he wore. What luck! She thinks, a fellow Invictus. “A pleasure to meet you as well, I'm Daniella Sage.” She said not only to Peter, but to those gathered. Her eyes look to the ring once more and she gives Peter a knowing smile.

When the other woman, Jo apparently, addressed the other Kindred as Maximilian, she offered him a smile as well. Looking to Jo, “I certainly don’t mind. The more the merrier I always say.” She said glancing at those Kindred gathered, “But perhaps we could move to a booth? That is if it would be more comfortable for everyone else.” She quickly looked around the room and spotted an empty booth near the back. “There appears to be a free one off towards the back.” She offered.

Maximilian didn't noticed the man who was already there at first, but, when he tilted his head towards the unknown man, Maximilian beast surged. And from the reaction of the monster within, the ventrue was at last as powerful as the man. A part of him wanted to slash his throat and feast from his heart. However, the beast was seldom of good counsel, so he kept it in check. This one at least was kindred, but the questioned remained about the status of Daniella. Was she a mortal or simply very good at hiding her true nature ? Anyways, the conversation that was about to take place would certainly prove to be interesting, he was sure of it.

Realizing he hadn't greeted the unknown man yet, Maximilian corrected that mistake. “I am sorry Sir, I Forgot to introduce myself. The name's Maximilian Calahan. Pleasure to meet you. “ And then addressed the small group in general. “While we're going to the booth, I am offering a drink for those who wishes one. Anyone interested ? “

Then he followed the rest of the group towards the booth. While doing so, he kept his attention focused on Daniella and Baldwin, watching them cautiously though not in an overt way. He will then initiate the conversation with the present company. “Interesting place. Has anyone tried the cigars yet ? I am afraid I don't smoke meself but know quite a few people who do.” He had met quite a few mortal who were addicted to them, especially High status people. He never quite understood the appeal in that, not only were they bad for the health, but the smell was ... not so pleasant. And as a vampire, there were other problems with smoking as well ....

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)
    Aspect of the Predator active outside Elysia

PRE

One of the few indisputable advantages to being one of the Kindred was the fact that no matter how dishevelled or tired you went to sleep the previous morning, next night you awoke in exactly the condition you were Embraced in. Another advantage particular to his own situation was the fact that he wasn't one of those drunk or pity-Embraced vampires. Andrey prepared and took his time so Mike changed with a decent haircut and just enough stubble to experiment with his beard before living the house and after scraping the ash off the sink.

Tonight he decided to have a night off: he had no lessons at the University and has done plenty of patrols in the parks and Florin (he might stop in the latter location later anyway). Lilly was a good choice for a spot to relax in and it also allowed him to pretend to be something he wasn't which was always fine. So Mike shaved in, put on an expensive dark-grey suit without a tie and went to relax.

The press of Beasts becomes apparent to him immediately upon entering: all unfamiliar, all - requiring a challenge. Thankfully, the club isn't one of those Elysiums where he can't rely upon his Gangrel blood to keep him from running for the woods in the face of stronger Predators. And among the unfamiliar faces and animals is one whom he hasn't seen in a while, disguised as a fragile Kine thing of beauty and refinement. Beauty and refinement were true, everything else - complete crap. Daniella has been a part of this Domain long before he has joined and seeing her pleased him quite a bit. Approaching the congregation of Kindred at the table, Mike puts on his best smile:

"Good evening, ladies, gentlemen. My name is Michael Redfill, may I join you for a drink?" - behind the courtesy, the wolf snarls and lunges arrogantly issuing a challenge at anyone who can sense him. He looks around curiously, wondering whether Martha's presentation has made his name recognisable.
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1
    Aspect of the Predator active everywhere because Deputy
    Status(Academia) 3 (PhD Scholar)
    Sanguine Scribe of Terror
    Default Vitae: 9/10

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread