Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer awaits on the porch of her flower shop, a light behind her illuminating her. The flower shop had a moderate front room, a back work space and another door that connected to the green house. Tonight, the parking lot is dark; the lights that illuminate the lot are out. A silver Honda Civic is parked in the prime spot at the shop.

Flower blooms of Convolvulus, Blue has been laced across the inner door frame. A small bloom is tucked in the knot of Jennifer's scarf, the flower laid bare across her pale white neck. Those in the know of the Invictus Code of Flowers would notice and could remark upon it.

Jennifer awaits upon the porch; most curious how she'd know of the new Nosferatu.

Kara Ostberg
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

2. Likes West liked this post
    P
    Peter Baldwin

Peter Baldwin was also present on the porch, having offered to stick around and meet the new Nosferatu after his own meeting. Part of it was curiosity about who was coming. A bigger part of his offer was the fact that the Priscus was a Notary of the First Estate. His suit remained in excellent condition, pressed just so as it always was. The back did have a slight bit of wrinkling due to having sat down, but Baldwin was not all that finicky.

After all, sometimes the suits took spatter in the line of duty.

He remained quiet, keeping an eye out for their new Clanmate's arrival.

D
    Decibelle

Some Kindred herald their arrival to gatherings via retainers, who cry their name to through the hallowed Halls of Elysium. Others use the written word, distributing letters to those of importance long before they arrive. And some just announce themselves by rocking up to an Elysium and expecting everything to fall into place for them.

Kara used Lil' Jon.

To the windows, to the wall, til' the sweat drops down my balls! Aw, skeet-skeet motherfucka! Aw, skeet-skeet goddamn!

Lil Jon's tirade about his multiple bitches and hos was thankfully muted by the windows of the station wagon that was pulling into the parking lot. The woman behind the wheel was a dark figure with no trace of the Predator to her, and she let the car idle in the parking lot as the figure climbed out, stretching slightly.

Kara had actually managed to find a pair of (mostly) clean jeans for this occasion, paired with an open leather jacket that exposed her distorted flesh (though her modesty was preserved by the fact that she was wearing a bra. Lift and separate, yo.) Taking a few steps forward and away from the darkness' comfort, she silently noted the fact that her Beast was urging her to ditch the greeting for beating their faces in, instead. Aw. There was nothing quite like the homicidal rampage of the Beast to let you know you were among family.

She briefly considered dropping the mask that concealed her Beast to return the impression, but she decided to trust that they could identify her mangled appearance as being that of a Haunt, and not the bastard lovechild of a face cancer victim and Courtney Love. That way, she could be horribly disappointed if they didn't, and why would she want to deprive herself of that opportunity?

"Hey." A pause. "I'm Kara."

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"Kara, welcome to Sacramento."

If Kara had any doubts if this was the speaker from the phone call, they were erased as Jennifer spoke. Although Jennifer's appearance was of a young Caucasian woman in her twenties with long brown hair in soft curls, her voice was another story. That voice was raw and creaky with age, the tone as deep as a man's. Jennifer was unapologetic of her Curse. She was of the Nosferatu; and proud of it. Jennifer wore a red dress one might wear to a nigh club, a scarf knotted around her neck. A bloom of the blue convolvulus was threaded through the knot and petals brushed her bare throat.

"Please come inside so we can speak freely."

She opens the door to the business and lets her guests enter first. The store was small, but had a quaint air. The front room had golden wood floors. The main focus was a register, a main store room and a back green house where flowers were in bloom. There was a large work table in the room, set with four chairs. It was here that Jennifer takes a seat and gestures for Mr. Baldwin and Kara to do the same.

"Please be seated. I am Madame Jennifer Hazelton, Notary of the First Estate."

Once seated, Jennifer tugs at her scarf with one hand, gently catching the falling bloom with the other. She sets the bloom behind an ear, unwrapping the scarf from around her neck. As the fabric falls away, a serious wound becomes apparent at the Nosferatu's neck. One could hazard it was a shark bite, with serrated edges. The skin does not match along the edges, exposing dead tissue within her neck.

"The Embrace was not kind." She says simply, a wisp of a smile on her features.
    "I abhor covering my deformity among Family. If it makes you uncomfortable, please let me know. "

Jennifer runs a finger along the petal at her ear, evaluating Kara.

"Kara, tell us about yourself, if you would be so kind."

Kara Ostberg @PeterBaldwin
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

6. Likes West liked this post
    P
    Peter Baldwin

Sir Baldwin nodded to the Haunt that had come. Her Curse had been most unlucky. She truly bore the mark of their Family in her appearance. While the introduction of herself by what was presumably her first name was a solid indicator that she most likely was not of the First Estate, there was something to be said for being among those who understood.

He allowed Kara to enter the building first, following her in as the Notary allowed them to. He took the offered seat and, once the Priscus had introduced herself, he did the same. "My name is Sir Peter Baldwin. I am a Knight of the Invictus. It is a pleasure to meet you." Even as he spoke with polite poise and grace, the Menace always let itself be known. The tension, the feeling coming off him like he was about to snap and tear her apart - nothing he could do would conceal it completely.

Madame Hazelton's decision to reveal her Curse did not make the Knight uncomfortable. It brought perspective to his own Curse. Some of them were marked by deformity; others, by social abnormalities that could not be helped. All of the Nosferatu faced this in their Requiems.

While it drove some away from them, the common ground between Nosferatu often had the benefit of bringing the Clan closer together.

He remained quiet otherwise, interest on his pallid features as he awaited Kara's words.

D
    Decibelle

Kara moved with a comfortable, easy stride up the stairs, giving Jennifer a crooked grin as she crossed the threshold. Alright. There was the Priscus; she'd dressed up nicely, as if to deny what she was, which was an unfortunate turn of events. She'd hoped for someone with some more balls, but hey. You can't pick your family. Only your friends.

Unlike Jennifer, Kara seems completely at ease with her mangled appearance, folding her legs and slouching in an available chair like a surly teenager, scratching at her flaking scalp with her malformed fingers as she did so. "Hey, it rarely is," she laughed. Her usual surly, acidic attitude was gone in this setting; she was among family. They got what it was like to deal with this, more than anyone else. They had perspective. They got what was important.

Well, usually they did. She wasn't too sure why anyone with that perspective would join the Invictus. Peeling off her jacket and dumping it on the arm of her chair, she stretches her arms to try and loosen the sluggish vitae in her limbs, before her sunken eyes focus on Madame Notary Hazelton (seriously, what fucker in the First Estate came up with this crap?)

"Nice to meet you, too. Anyway, I'm a Crone, from SanFran," she explained. Her voice was curt, and even slightly nasty and dismissive of her own clanmates. Even among family, Kara couldn't completely cut out the bitch. "Worked as a vague sort-of Harpy there. Mocked and insulted anyone the Prince and Primogen wanted me to - well, except the Nos, for the most part." She thought for a few moments.

"Most Kindred are stupid fucktards, but they love seeing you point out the fact that their enemies are also stupid fucktards. something about dying seems to turn us into self-obsessed hypocrites."

Did Kara glance at her Priscus' scarf when she said that? Surely not.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"I think that it's the stasis," Jennifer mentioned, leaning back in her chair. "- we don't change any more. Not like people. We get to look like this forever, be this. I think we just love tearing each other down because its what we do. We do it pretty well."

Jennifer smiles, thinking back to the last Harpy that drew the best memories. Alice Brown. Self conceited, haughty little... Jennifer tilted her head, wondering if it was just he way Alice had spoken to Priscus Grigoriev that had made Jennifer despise the Harpy; or the way that she'd seemed to fit the Deputy position so well.
    Or we're just envious of what we can never be. A brass gun slinger didn't appeal to Jennifer. Envious or distrustful of Kindred who aren't like us? Ethnocentrism run rampant.

"There isn't a large presence of Crone here."

Who the hell was Crone? Jennifer concentrated for several seconds as she thought back to Court. The pretty dresses, the terrifying press of Beasts, unconcealed and on the prowl - just waiting for someone to screw up. Once the blood was flowing, didn't every one just jump in? Thinking about the faux pas at Court momentarily distracted Jennifer from trying to recall if she had seen any Crone at Court. Thinking of the Crone made her think of Nao Zhong. That crazy little witch sure had gone down in flames. Jennifer frowned, shifting her attention. Jennifer toyed with the fringes of her scarf, liking the feel of the tassels on her skin. It was so shimmery.

"I think someone may have mentioned that Dirge was. Dirge is one of the Nosferatu who choose to dwell in the Necropolis. She doesn't surface often but she was at Court this month."

Jennifer says this as though it had been completely unexpected.

"What brings you to Sacramento?"

10. Likes West liked this post
    P
    Peter Baldwin

Sir Baldwin's face was relaxed as the creature before him dished her perspective.

Yes, he could see the mockery and semi-Harpydom sort of thing being right in the middle of Kara's bailiwick... in some Domains. Open crudeness was hardly the First Estate's way, but that did not mean it was not a tool on the rack, if a rarely employed one.

The Knight nodded to the Priscus's first point, but otherwise remained silent. He was here to listen, learn, and meet a member of his Family.

D
    Decibelle

Jesus fucking Christ, was this woman Embraced at the age of seventy? Her tendency to pause and fall into silent reflection was frustrating to no end. For her part, Kara just fills in the blanks and keeps the conversation moving along as best as she can.

"Maybe that's why we tend to be the sole fuckers in unlife who aren't idiots," observed Kara. "We're cool with what we are, not worried about being prettier or nicer then the undead shithead next to us. And it means we can identify their stupid goddamn vanity whenever it comes up, as well. I don't know. If it's my role in life to be the goddamned bitch who slaps people upside the head whenever they act like a fucking moron, it's a role I could get used to. Wanted to see if I could do it in Sacramento, actually - find the right people to make friends with, then figure out who they don't like and make their life shit."

Crossing her legs, Kara glances around the room before continuing. "Anyway, I'll hit up Dirge when I can, get in touch with my fellow Acolytes - and find out about the Necropolis. I'd like to move in there, if I can get the chance. Are you the one to talk to about that?"

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer fixes Kara with a stare. She lets her eyes move up and down the woman for a moment, tasting the woman's words.

" I wish you luck with locating the Crone. Lord Culler keeps the Necopolis. He was once of the First Estate, hence why I refer to him in such a manner. You can seek him out for admittance. "

"As for Harpy, I sincerely hope that you find some interesting marks for your claws. The last Harpy had a peculiar bent against our fine Family. I haven't bothered to figure out what happened to her yet... "

She regretted that now.
    "If you hear of Deputy Alice Brown's fate ... or location... do let me know, won't you? "

Jennifer leans forward slightly. "Have you much experience with computers?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread