Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 
      ExitScene

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 
      ExitScene

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer awaits on the porch of her flower shop, a light behind her illuminating her. As Mr. Baldwin approaches, Jennifer takes a minute to evaluate the empty parking lot. Jennifer greets him.
    "I am Jennifer Hazelton. Please, come in."

She unlocks the business and lets Mr. Baldwin enter first. It was a rather plain room with a register, a main store room and a back green house where flowers were in bloom. There was a large work table in the room, set with four chairs. It was here that Jennifer takes a seat and gestures for Mr. Baldwin to sit down.

"This is my shop," She says in a friendly manner. "- I like the messages that flowers convey."

Jennifer wears a ruby red dress that cuts at the knee and a shimmering gold scarf knotted at her neck.

"Tell me of yourself."

Peter Baldwin
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

P
    Peter Baldwin

Feet struck pavement and eyes scanned about, always watchful, always alert. Readiness was as much a part of any Knight's arsenal as Discipline or blade.

Sir Baldwin was dressed well that night, a pressed black suit with a tie. His undershirt was muted, but complimentary. There was nothing flashy about the way that the Haunt dressed himself; indeed, he seemed dressed in a combination of respectful style and practicality.

For every interaction, a formula. For every presentation, a code. This was what kept the Beast in check.

Peter's skin was vaguely pallid beneath any light he walked beneath. He had not yet had the luxury of extensive feeding since his arrival, and there was no blood to waste. No, this was a Kindred who knew the sting of hunger well enough to know that pushing further to starvation for the sake of vanity would be a great and completely unnecessary risk. So long as the Masquerade was secure, he would reserve himself appropriately.

His eyes scanned about, and he caught sight of the other Haunt. It would not do for him to go without announcing himself appropriately. For every interaction, there was a formula.

He was prompt. Half an hour, just so.

"Good evening, Ms. Hazelton," he said in a quiet, calm tone as she introduced herself. "It is a pleasure to meet you."

His demeanor was one of polite, calm posture, but there was something deeper, something darker lurking beneath. A Nosferatu's Curse, emanating from the core of his very being. It was a subtle feeling of wariness, like an animal undergoing its final decision as to whether or not it was going to snap and bite.

It was a strange juxtaposition that clashed with the Invictus politesse that was Peter Baldwin's presentation and personality, unnatural in its presence and yet there, nonetheless.

Once inside, he accepted the Priscus's offer of a seat with a quiet word of thanks, fairly well assured that this place was indeed private. "It is an excellent shop. I too find that flowers can communicate all variety of messages." He smiled, reminded of the Invictus flower codes. "I would be pleased to. I should introduce myself more completely. My name is Sir Peter Baldwin, a member of the Invictus and an oathsworn Knight of the Thorned Wreath."

If she was First Estate, she would surely know of the Order.

If not, then no explanation would be necessary.

"I was most recently a member of the Domain of Fresno."

He was not a man of excessive words. After all, he was equally curious about the Priscus before him.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 
      ExitScene

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 
      ExitScene

NOS
    PRE

"A pleasure to meet you, Sir. You'd do well to know that this is an opportune time to attend the First Estate here in Sacramento."

"I am Madame Notary Jennifer Hazelton, Priscus of the Nosferatu. In regards to my lineage; I am the childe of Joshua Homan, childe of Lady Notary Gweneth Ward; childe of Libretist James Barlowe."

Jennifer's voice is hard on correction; as it should be. She takes in Sir Baldwin in silence for a moment. She runs her mind over the impression of tension, sensing it. She so wanted to push it, to push him. Her hands clasp calmly in front of her as she regards him, awaiting reply. Her own Curse had pushed itself to the forefront of their introductions earlier. It had ebbed now, so much like a tide of the ocean in that she knew it would return. So unlike the tide in that it had a way of never making her trust her voice completely.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

P
    Peter Baldwin

Pleased to hear of the Priscus's affiliation with the Unconquered, Sir Baldwin rose and bowed to her. The formula suggested it, as her tone had gone sharp in the correction. The recitation of her titles was more than welcome, and he accepted the adjustment graciously. Now that he knew she was of Society, he would not fail to address her appropriately. "Madame Notary Hazelton, Priscus of the Nosferatu," he repeated, as if committing it to memory. "Thank you for your prompt and gracious reception." Receiving him within thirty minutes of his telephone call was most kind. "I am the childe of Sir Elton Lambsworth, childe of Dame Helena Fairmont, childe of Sir Alexander Kent."

Knights all. The Order often Embraced to develop it own.

"I am pleased to hear I have come at a good time, Madame Priscus. Might I ask of Society's news locally?" He was certainly curious as to what made this a better time than others to arrive in Sacramento.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 
      ExitScene

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 
      ExitScene

NOS
    PRE

"The Invictus is in a state of rebuilding. Some members have slipped to distant shores, some have departed to see to the good of the First Estate in other domains- " Jennifer states. She speaks as though she will continue and pauses here for a moment. The night ticks on, the silence in the room a tangible thing. Jennifer focuses on the silence, listening for tell tale signs of intrusion. She is young to be paranoid; yet she intends to Danse far into the century. After another moment, the Haunt visibly relaxes and continues.

"- such Kindred of Quality, the likes of which we may never see again. Au Pair Daniella Sage, a woman of grace an subtlety. The Madame Speaker Donovan; who mentored me for far too short of a time. The Soldier..." Jennifer trails off for a moment, lost in a memory of her dear coterie mate, of Los Tigres and its' promise that had died too early.

"- yet for a newcomer of your stature, quite the opportunity." Jennifer states a compliment, watching the Knight for a moment to catch his reaction.

"We have a responsibility, do we not, to to lift the Unconquered and cause its ranks to swell. More so because his Grace, Asa Clarke, is among the Unconquered. "

P
    Peter Baldwin

Baldwin's face remained calm and his Curse remained endlessly menacing, the manner and the monster clashing constantly there within the Knight as he listened to her depiction of the state of the Unconquered in Sacramento. When she paused and looked to be listening for something, he was careful to do the same - but he heard nothing, either.

It seemed many had been lost, but that was the nature of the Danse Macabre - Kindred shifted as the years went on. Some moved on. Others died serving their Covenants. Still others became disgraces. Yet from what the Priscus of his Clan was telling him, it sounded as though this city had a storied history of hosting great members of the First Estate.

Her compliment was noticed, and since she was watching, Jennifer could easily see him nod with a small smile of thanks. It was an acknowledgment of her kind words and his gratitude, all rolled into one. He did not interrupt her, though. It was not his place. He allowed her to finish her full explanation, and ultimately was glad he did. Her final point was the most important.

The Prince was a member of the Invictus?

That simply meant the standards were higher. That was good.

"You are most correct. And with his Grace being among our number, our responsibility to grow the influence of Society is all the more marked and important." He smiled. A pause, as he produced a card from his pocket. It was on quality grey cardstock bearing a thin, black line neatly placed under a telephone number.

To the uninitiated, the black marking under the number would be a mere underscoring. To the Notary, one night the Line could mean everything.

He offered it to her gently.

"If you have need of the Order, you need only call. I will Declare myself officially at our Covenant's next meeting, but I am always available."

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 
      ExitScene

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 
      ExitScene

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer accepted the card and studied it for a moment, reading the number. She tucks the card into a black messenger bag hat stands on a locked cabinet, careful not to turn her back to the Knight and offer insult.

"Such an offer is appreciated, Sir Baldwin."

Jennifer says solemnly, formal and polite. The Order had come to Sacramento. Was this not a momentous occasion?
    "This," She sweeps a hand to the shop. "- is to supply the members of the First Estate with floral messages. If you have a need, please do not hesitate to visit."

"I shall tell you of one of the most well known officers of Sacramento, the Madame Seneschal Martha Villiers. You will know her by her English accent and her petite form. She has some standing among the Ordul, I believe."

P
    Peter Baldwin

Baldwin nodded once more to her words of thanks, a polite acknowledgment that did not require him to spend unnecessary words. She certainly seemed appreciative of his purpose here. When she offered her own assistance in the form of flowers for floral code, he looked around at all the options thoughtfully for a moment, then looked back. "Thank you, Madame Priscus. I am sure I will take you up on that one night. I am fond of the use of floral arrangements with appropriate situational meaning."

As she described Martha Villiers, Sir Baldwin seemed quite attentive. It was important to know who was who in any given Domain.

"A Dragon, you say?" the Knight said. He did not sound displeased - in fact, he seemed glad that the Ordo Dracul was supporting the Domain's operations with such an officer. "Excellent. What can you tell me of Madame Seneschal Villiers?"

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 
      ExitScene

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 
      ExitScene

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer nods to show that she is attentive to the conversation, actively listening as Sir Baldwin speaks. It is an effort; as being a corpse makes movements no longer vital.
    "This pleases me." She states. "I have in the past taught a lesson of floral meanings with Au Pair Sage and former members of the First Estate. It would do some good to bring the tradition back to Sacramento. "

"The Seneschal is a very helpful woman. She is genuinely interested in learning where your strengths lie and then proposing any tasks in the domain where your particular talents could prove useful. She has set me on some enjoyable tasks in the past. In the past, she also served as Herald. This past Court, she was re - established as Mistress of Elysium over her previous position of Herald. "

Cross Peter Baldwin

P
    Peter Baldwin

Peter's head tilted to the side slightly in a rough facsimile of that way that humans do when they are interested. "Undoubtedly there would be Kindred who would do well to attend such a thing. It is traditional."

Sir Baldwin was not an old Kindred. His fledgling Beast gave that away, but he still maintained a healthy appreciation for Society's traditions. That which was old endured. Every night something survived and flourished was a night it grew in power. This was as true for floral codes as it was for Kindred.

Her description of the Seneschal seemed complimentary enough. The formula of words selected communicated no slights against Villiers, which lent credence to her value. Respect was hard to earn among Kindred. If she had earned the Notary's respect, then that spoke well of her.

"It sounds as though she is a right-thinking and capable Kindred. Could I trouble you for her contact information, please, so that I might set up a meeting with her?" It certainly seemed the prudent course.

Seryna

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread