(Private) A Shadow Seeking Forgiveness

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella was really looking forward to this meeting and wanted to make a good impression. She spent the night before carefully selecting the perfect outfit to wear. She wanted to make sure she showed how serious she was to rejoin the domain. After a black and white dress was carefully selected, and her hair was straightened and hanging down her back, she made her way to her meeting. Arriving a little early, preferring to be early rather than late. She held a strong belief that being late made the wrong impression, and a wrong impression would not help anyone accept her return. She paused outside, allowing herself a moment to calm her nerves, before gently knocking on the door.
    West Asa
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

The Prince's Ghoul
    The Prince's Ghoul
    This Mortal Coil

After a few moments, the office door opens and reveals Cozette Muriel. The soft sound of voices seep out from further within.

"Good evening, Lady Sage," the ghoul says. It's a touch louder than necessary, and the voices fall silent. She opens the door, inviting Daniella in.

Asa is rising from the couch in his office. Behind him, muted, is a large television displaying the NFL Draft. With one last look, Asa turns off the set and turns to greet Daniella Sage .

3. Likes Chrisie liked this post

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella smiles warmly at Cozette, the unobtrusive, yet delicate Ghoul of the Prince. Ordinarily she would have asked her how she was, but with the Prince in the room, etiquette reminded her to address him first. Her eyes then turn to Asa, as he turns off the television and greets her. When he does, she performs a near perfect, and well-practiced curtsey, bowing her head in respect as she does. “Your Grace,” speaks the British Shadow with respect. Raising her head to look Asa in the eyes, but not raising from her curtsey, “Most Honorable Prince Clark, thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to speak with me.” there was no sarcasm in her voice, only respect and gratitude for being granted an audience.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

As Daniella entered, Cozette quietly slipped out, closing the door behind her. Gone, as if she'd never been there.

Asa was dressed casually -- in semi-formal clothing, but a casual manner. A vest was worn over a dress shirt, and the blazer that completed the three piece was draped over the back of the couch along with a tie. He had, after all, been watching TV -- and Daniella was a bit early.

He glanced at the jacket and tie, but dismissed them.

"Good evening, Lady Au Pair,"
    he greeted Daniella with a smile. Using her Titles was a subtle indication that she would return as she had left. "Please, have a seat."

Asa gestured toward the couch, remaining standing while she did so.

"It pleased me to learn of your return."

The statement contained no hint of a question, but it was a good opening for an explanation if she chose to offer one.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

6. Likes Chrisie, Wolven Pryde liked this post

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella stood with her hands clasped in front of her as Asa spoke, nodding her head, “Thank you.” She says, moving to take the indicated seat. The use of her Titles wasn’t lost on her, and for that moment in time she felt a glimmer of hope. Her fears of returning momentarily forgotten. As she carefully crossed her legs at the ankles and looked up to Asa, she reminded herself that this meeting could go two ways, and she chose her next words carefully.

“I wanted to offer my sincere apology for the way I disappeared in December.” She said, her eyes not moving from his. “I should have handled the situation better, and spoken with you of the circumstances. But I felt any delay in my actions would not only have brought danger to the Domain, but perhaps my Final Death.” Her words were carefully chosen, her voice wavering slightly, this was a touchy subject for her. Kindred didn’t usual open up to others, but Asa had never done her wrong, and she felt that maybe, just maybe, she could trust him.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa made a dismissive gesture as he took a seat as well.

"These things happen -- apology accepted," he said.

She wouldn't be the first, nor the last, to leave abruptly. One of the drawbacks of being immortal was accruing lifetimes worth of obligations -- real or imagined. Often, it took reinventing oneself to clear the slate.

"I hope you were able to accomplish your goals,"
    Asa continued. A smile peeked out. "Obviously, you averted your Final Death."

A bit of levity never hurt, especially with the waver in her voice. He was also curious if she were just visiting to apologize, or had returned with a more permanent intent.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

The accepting of her apology surprised her, she was expecting there to be some sort of repercussion for her actions. Putting a smile on her face, “You are too kind, and have my eternal gratitude.” she said. With a gentle nod of her head, “I was able to accomplish my goals, the Kindred who not only murdered my Sire, but sought to put an end to his Childe, met with Invictus justice.” A sly smile appeared on her face. She had enjoyed watching that dog suffer, and suffer he did.

“I intend to rebuild my unlife here, England is no longer my home. I also intend to prove to you my worth, not only as a member of the Domain, but a Lady of the First Estate as well.” She spoke, more confidence in her voice. “If I may ask, has there been any change to the standing of the First Estate since I left?” one would be able to concern in her voice. Their numbers hadn’t been strong when she left, and she worried that they had suffered more loss. Which to her, was unacceptable, the First Estate must thrive, and she would make sure of that.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa arched an eyebrow and gave a nod. He'd once felt the need to mete out some justice --Invictus or otherwise-- and approved of the sentiment. It would have been more satisfying to have witnessed Freddrick's Final Death, and even more so to feel the body dessicate and crumble in his own hands. Still, he was a pragmatist: far better that Freddrick be ash now than to still have that opportunity available.

"I am flattered you have chosen Sacramento for your new home,"
    he said, quite sincere.

"As for the Invictus,"
    Asa gave a wry smile and settled more comfortably on the couch. "I confess that I was absorbed in my own affairs for some time; during which, the Covenant withered. Fortunately, the Notary Madame Hazelton has recently returned, as well as a few new arrivals of established Quality. Not including ourselves, or petitioners, the Unconquered count four of the Domain's Kindred. Including ourselves and petitioners, that number is eight or nine."

"Still, I believe that we're in the midst of a healthy revival,"
    Asa continued. "I will personally be Sponsoring Velma Star for membership."

There really was no way to sugarcoat things, but had she asked the same question a few months ago, the answer would have been much bleaker.

"I do believe this revival, particularly the petitioners, will greatly benefit from your return, Lady Au Pair."

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

There was simply a smile, a genuine one. While part of her wished to thank him again, she knew too much praise and flattery could be seen as insincere. Which would only hinder and possibly hurt her chances for a successful return. She also figured her gratitude would be shown in her devotion not only to the Domain, but the First Estate as well.

She listened intently as he talked of their Covenant. It saddened her to hear of its withering. But she was pleasantly surprised and pleased to hear of Jennifers return. “It saddens me to admit, but I never really got the chance to know the Notary Madame Hazelton, though it pleases me to learn that I will now be able to rectify that.”

He was Sponsoring Velma Star?! While the young Deava was not her favorite, she had to wonder what Asa saw in her. What made her Invictus worthy? Nodding her head, “I must confess that I know little of Miss Star, our paths have never really crossed.” She said thoughtfully. “Though if I may be so bold as to say, there must be something special and of benefit to the First Estate to be worthy of your Sponsorship. Perhaps I should take an evening and meet personally with Miss Star and get to know her.” She would certainly have to take the time and make sure Velmas manners and etiquette were up to par, though she had confidence in the Deavas ability to say the right and perfect things when it counted. But she wouldn’t let her personal views of Velma hinder her ability as an Au Pair, she would be fair and nonjudgmental. This was also a prime opportunity to show her trust in Asa.

Petitioners to the First Estate was a positive thing, and if those Kindred proved worthy, a needed step towards increasing their numbers. It wouldn’t do to have the Domain see them with a decrease in members. “It is wonderful to hear we have petitioners, I look forward to meeting with and getting to know them. Do they show promise?” she asked with curiosity.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Of the two that I am familiar with, yes," Asa answered. He smiled. "That of course, includes the one I'll be sponsoring. The other, August Galloway, has taken the Priscus position of the Ventrue, and Madame Hazelton is currently working with him."

"As for Madame Hazelton herself, she impresses me much more now than before. Whatever called her away from Sacramento, she returned the better for it," he continued.

Asa lapsed into silence, needlessly adjusting his cuffs as he considered his next words. In night's past, he would have kept his own counsel -- but he had learned that his own attention could stray. He had also named Daniella a Lady, which implied a greater deal of responsibility, and therefore trust.

"Velma Star is much like Madame Brown,"
    Asa explained. "She polarizes people. Whatever opinions others form of her, tend to be... vehement. Such a thing is useful, both with the application of that influence, and gauging others by their reactions."

He had seen it with Twist. Again with Victoria Stamford, and then Alice Brown. It was only coincidence that all were stunningly beautiful women -- the truth was, there had been many more charismatic women than men in Sacramento.

The smile returned. "And sometimes we need to ensure that prospects align in our favor rather than others'."

There was more to it, but it would take time to see if he was right.

13. Likes Matamune liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread