Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green ambled to the Blue Note. He was walking a good pace, for him. He could go faster now, having finally learned how to coordinate his gnotted and gnarled limbs.

Could.

Not would.

The Elemental was aiming to be at the Blue Note for last call, or soon after. He knew it would be a bit of a push, but so what? They new guy had to learn a bit of patience - and if he was hanging out at the Note, maybe someone else could put him straight. It wasn't that Green couldn't appreciate what Reef was going through, it was just that the emotion was dulled by hard rock and transformed into something more... conceptual. It had happened to Green. It had happened to a lot of other 'Lings as well.

The Fetch. The fucking Fetch! Just because it was a cold thought didn't mean that the notion didn't set the fire in the Elemental's belly burning.

Right now, the Reef would be needing a friendly face to commiserate with. And that was Winter through and through. All Green had to do was get there...

By walking...

One step at a time...

There's the Blue Note now. Quiet, unobtrusive sanctuary.

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Scene unlocked and ready Reef Ambrose

Green reaches his destination. With a nod to the doorman, the mountain ducks inside.

A
    Ambrose

A couple of hours ago, Reef had arrived at the location, and done a quick walk-by to suss it out. The Blue Note looked expensive and exclusive as anything. In contrast, Reef wore a tattered shirt, and clearly hadn't showered for a few days. Hell, he'd physically felt out of place standing on the sidewalk near the venue. Well, there was no way he was spending a couple of hours awkwardly sipping at glasses of water and waiting for Malcolm to show up, so he'd opted to pass the time in another nearby pub while he thought things over.

The pub was loud, the customers were rowdy, and the beer was terrible; not that he noticed. Reef's head was elsewhere.

Am I the faker? Which of us is real? Am I really James, or am I really Reef?

The copy looked real, the copy was really in his house, and the copy didn't have skin that snagged itself on shirts and tore through fabric.

A good couple of hours of internal monologue and debate were fought. By the time the Elemental looked at his watch, he was already going to be a bit late. Shit.Rushing out the bar, he shambled back towards the Blue Note, making it to the door a few minutes after Green.

He approaches the Bouncer, giving a short nod, and waiting expectantly for his entry to be refused.

@%1;

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

It did not take many moments for Green to realise that Reef had not yet arrived. The Blue Note was closing relatively early and the tap room was quiet and empty. A single member of staff was on hand, but that was all. Green wasn't certain if the man was ensorcelled or not, but having no other options, he made his enquiry.

No luck.

Cursing inwardly, he went to confer with the doorman. He didn't want the other Lost turned away over a misunderstanding.

He opened the door and there was Reef...

A
    Ambrose

Reef raises his hand to the familiar face opening the door to him, before giving a visible sigh of relief. "Evening." He states, before shuffling in to converse with Malcolm.

He gives a soft whistle as he checks out the bar's interior. He may not have been able to pull it off himself, but Reef knew when he was looking at class. "Nice joint... Thanks for coming to the door, I didn't reckon they'da let me in."

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Green grunts, nods to the doorman, gives the universal sign for I owe you one.

Green moves with his accustomed, ponderous, tread. "Sit here." He motioned to a booth in a dim corner, with good sight lines where he could watch the rest of the bar. "Beer?" The mountain shrugged out of his coat.

A
    Ambrose

Reef nods, before approaching the booth and slumping into the seat. "If you're shouting, sure."

Like he would say no to free drinks.

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green grunted by way of acknowledgement and sought out the lone staff. He returned to the booth bearing two foaming jugs and set one before Reef. The wood creaked as Green pushed his great bulk onto his bench. Resting one arm on the table, he looked at the other Elemental and waited.

When the pause started to drag, he added:

"So. You... saw yourself?" There was nothing incredulous in his voice or manner. They could have been discussing the weather. "Take you time. Happens to us all. I know you'll want to talk about this. We have beer on tap if it comes to that."

The mountain relaxed, as if he was expecting a long night.

The Door-man at the Blue Note was not called 'Big' Swilla for nothing. The man was huge! 7'4" and built like a brick shit-house.

A wide slash full of gold teeth parts his bushy black beard in something between a smile and a grimace, as the two giant elementals squeezed through the door.

Big Swilla didn't move aside for many.

He cast a pointed look at the bar staff, and the clock on the wall that was absolutely-set-with-atomic-precision-what-you-sayin'-that-mah-clock-is-wrong?

"Last orders, folks."

Not many people seemed interested in one more 'for the road' tonight.

10. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    A
    Ambrose

Reef accepts the mug passed to him, taking a grateful chug. He looks over at his drinking partner, his face maintaining a constant focused frown as he slowly pieced together the night.

"I went home, like, home home, after the spring party. I dunno, maybe I was going Loco or something, but I couldn't get it outta my mind. Like, it's all I wanted to do. I had to... Anyways, with that kinda burning up inside me I turned up at my front door, but I heard someone odd inside."

He pauses, taking another big sip from the jug, before having a quick look around the room. His tone notably lowers down to a dull crash.

"So I go round back, into our garden to get a look in, and there I am. At the table with the missus. Jus' having dinner in silence."

The elemental stops again, his eyes glimmering with absolute hate and pain as they locked onto Green's gaze.

"She had a black eye too, but I'd never do that."

His eyes lower again, as he stared into the depths of his mug. The massive bouncer lets out his announcement, but it doesn't register with Reef. There was too much that needed answering, and he just couldn't put the words together to make the questions.

"So... What's going on with me, Malcolm?"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread