Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Words on the Street) Timely meeting

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Miach

PRE

Even though he could never have expected it, last night's experience with the tweaked woman had left Miach badly shaken, and with a very, very sour taste in his mouth. Was it what it was like from the outside when you're high on GLO ? Or was it just that poor girl that had a bad pill of sorts ? Was the feeling he got merely an illusion, yet another layer of Lie of which he had to get rid of ? He needed answers. He badly needly them.

That Faith girl seemed to more than hold her own, and perhaps she could help him shed light on the truth of the GLO. She had seemed very... involved from the moment she had perceived the Serpent, much as he had.

After a quick call, they had agreed to a meeting at the Alumni Grove, where they wouldn't be disturbed nor overheard, and Miach had parked on University Avenue, right next to the American Bike Trail. He got out of his car, and started pacing the entrance to the Trail. He wore his now customary military vest and boots, ready for anything at a moment's notice, or so he hoped.

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Heat, slowly scorching the air around him.

Faith wasn't using a car lately. Especially not if she knew she wanted to get somewhere close and using the car would be troublesome. Given the recent Fix50 repairs and how close to it she lived, it was now very bothersome. So she just went with a tunic, jeans, comfortable shoes, a small backpack and a bike. Nothing really expensive - even the bike is just your average bike used in urban areas. Not new, not old, not in any crazy color, basket in the front. Just normal. She didn't even go fast, still a bit weak from the feats from the previous day. A good night's sleep was good but wasn't helping enough for Scouring post-effects.

The woman stopped just by Miach, checking the time on her wrist watch. "Hello," she said while getting off the bike. After putting the bike safely away, she reached her hand to Miach.

"I hope you're okay? Do you know how's this woman?" She just couldn't help but ask. Even though she herself wasn't in the best of states after the last evening.

Miach

PRE

"Hello." he replied to the young Faith, giving her his hand.

"I'm fine, thanks." even though he shuddered at the mere recollection of yesterday's sickness. "What about you, how do you feel ?"

When the young lady, who was obviously not so fresh either, inquired about the woman, he nodded soberly. "I don't know yet. I was about to call, but didn't want to overdo it." did he say, pointing at the phone in his hand.

"I took the liberty to call two other Friends, who are interested as well in the current situation. I hope you don't mind ?" he asked to the Mighty.

OOC

Bishop

Presence: ●●● (Professional)

Status (News Media): ●
    Status (Concealed Firearms License): ●●
    Status (P.I.): ●
    Status (Consilium): ●
    Status (Guardian of the Veil): ●

Cast at home
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-05 18:40:47 Bishop rolls 7 to cast Grim Sight (Wits 3+ Occ1 + Death 3 + HS 2 - 2 24h) (10 Again) 5, 2, 8, 9, 9, 10, 4, 6 4 successes

Bishop was dressed casually. Gray, cotton pants, black leather shoes and a white collared shirt with a gray jacket. The only real part, which was colored was dark blue the tie with a helix-pattern woven in with silver metallic sheen. He was also wearing sunglasses...and something else. This something was intangibly tangible. It surrounded him like a layer of misdirection, like an air of someone else entirely that had borrowed his features. It was a shame, that he himself was not able to change his own features at will. That would be the final step in immersing himself in the Masque. But Bishop was a patient man and his skills would develope eventually. For the time being, he was wearing the masque "visibly". He was still afraid of losing himself in it. At the moment, he wore the suit of the manager of Hostel Hi's dayshift, which had just finished.
    When he exited the cab and paid the driver, he turned around and fumbled with one of his cufflinks, as if to adjust the shirt. He movement covered a gesture of his right hand warding his left fist.

3suxx Entropic Guard
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-05 18:41:49 Bishop rolls 6 to cast Entropic Guard (Gnosis 2 + Death 3 + Tool) (10 Again) 10, 2, 7, 8, 4, 8, 3 3 successes

It felt strange. It was as if someone wanted to grasp at something through a curtain of finely woven, black silk. You could touch things. You could even manipulate things slightly. But it prevented you from forcing your own will through it by means of mechnical grasping. The masque caused that problem. But Bishop considered it a blessing. It seemed to automatically prevent tearing at the fabric of reality. If one was capable of placing it upon another by force, it could leash some of the more reckless Awakened to forego vulgar actions. But right here, it was very helpful.

Bishop strode through the park until he saw the young lady and the doctor. The phone call had been nonconclusive. Bishop had been at work and was not able to speak freely at the time. Plus, there was his own failure with the task he had laid out for himself. He was itching to know, what the others had found out. But the new face made him suspicious.

He stepped up to the pair. "Good day, lady and Mr. Miach."
    Health: [][][][][][][] | Willpower: ●●●OO | Basic Mana: 6/11 |
    „Spoken.“ | Thought | Done
    War is worse than Hell - in Hell, there are no innocent bystanders...

k
    kimura

Cast at Home; -1 Mana 24 Hours
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-06 16:57:44 Kiko rolls 6 to Improvise [Organic Resillience] Life 3 (10 Again) 3, 2, 10, 7, 6, 7, 6 1 success

The evening prior had harmed the young woman in ways she could not truly explain. She'd placed those damnable things in the safest place she could think of and had spent an insane time trying to purity herself afterwards and it had finally, to a degree, worked.

Exiting her car more worried about something unseen than anything 'real' at the moment the feline souled Kiko headed into the entrance of the Trail glancing around dressed more for a calming hike, a pair of shorts, hiking boots, flannel shirt and backpack with a few various things such as a couple bottles of water, trail mix, and a first aid kit, her phone and usual accuments, which oddly would perhaps happen.

Heading more towards where she'd hope to see familiar faces she noticed Miach and Bishop with a new face she didn't recognize, though at the moment the sun overhead gave her a sense of some unheard renewed purpose as she approached the small gathering and for the moment just took everyone's features into memory as her green eyes glanced between everyone before finally speaking up finally with that ever cheery demeanor of her's.

"Hello everyone, nice day for a walk?"

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

The woman smiled to Miach. Her smile definitely reached her eyes, and she put away a wild strand of hair. "I feel a lot better now, thank you," she answers. "I really hope this woman is ok, this Abyssal spell was nasty... If your friends might know more of the situation, I'll gladly talk with them. After seeing what I saw yesterday, I'm gonna gut the fucker who does something like that. The shame I couldn't Identify him..."

At "gut" her brows furrow, her face tenses, her eyes fill with seriousness not far from pure killing intent. She crosses angrily her hands on her chest. This is definitely the same woman who created the Imago of the golden lion the day before...

The redhead glanced at Bishop and then Kiko as they were approaching Faith and Miach. After his greeting, she reaches her hand for the handshakes. "I'm Faith, a Theurge of a Silver Ladder," she introduces herself with her clear voice after making sure once more that no other people are around. "I take it you're his friends interested in yesterday's situation." She turns to Miach. "Only the two of them or you called someone else?" She asks calmly, though she felt a bit impatient, eager to start talking about what happened.

No Scelesti on my watch. No tainting of the Prime and Divine. Over my dead body.

Miach

PRE

Greeting Bishop and Kiko in turn, Miach turned his head left and right, looking for potential eavesdroppers. "Since we're all here, can one of you make sure we talk very privately, please ?" he asked, wondering whether the Theurge might be able to.

Whatever the answer, and once available precautions had been taken, the tall Enchanter quickly presented what had happened yesterday, and how he and Faith had come to meet. "Not long after we had parted ways, a young woman from the bar came out crying, as if possessed. I Checked" the subtle stress indicating that he had some Real checking "her, and found her to have been the victim of an extremely malevolent and foul Spell of sorts." he shuddered at the mere recollection, but steeled himself and went on. "Thankfully for her, Faith was in the vicinity too, and she managed to get rid of it. Magnificently, if I may say so." and he inclined his head in mute deference.

"From a more mundane point of view, she was high. So if I had to guess, GLO. And she had been unlucky enough to be on a very, very bad trip..."

"And now that makes the four of us who are interested in going to the bottom of this..." he said, his hands spreading to encompass them all.

Bishop

Presence: ●●● (Professional)

Status (News Media): ●
    Status (Concealed Firearms License): ●●
    Status (P.I.): ●
    Status (Consilium): ●
    Status (Guardian of the Veil): ●

Bishop listened with no small amount of horror, that this drug might actually provide contact or maybe even a passing by entities, that were better left unnamed. When Miach has finished, Bishop leans against a nearby bench and sighs.
    "Well, at first and foremost, I have to thank each and every one of you, because you had evidently more success in your investigations then me." He frowned.

"I am afraid, that this substance is apparently going to become a problem and one that we can not extinguish with a call to the authorities. I am afraid, I will have to contact my superiors on this matter."
    Bishop took a look around and gave everyone of the mages here a very stern look.
    "While I can not prohibit any contact and council with your very own departments - and believe me, I do think it is necessary to warn everyone, including the libertines - any and all quantitiy, no matter how small or large you obtain, you will hand over to me!"
    He lets the message sink in.
    "Upon council with my superiors, it will be decided to hand this to the censors or not, but I for one will opt to destroy any and all supply of this substance as well as any record of its existance. And that..." he pauses, looks around and exhales, "...may very well include sanctioning any of the populace involved."
    Health: [][][][][][][] | Willpower: ●●●OO | Basic Mana: 6/11 |
    „Spoken.“ | Thought | Done
    War is worse than Hell - in Hell, there are no innocent bystanders...

k
    kimura

She looked at Bishop and raised an eyebrow, mainly at his.. forceful demeanor but she shrugged it off for the moment "Whatever those things are they are Akuma.. pure and simple.. and should be destroyed in all due haste."

She shivered thinking back to the previous evening "I admit I am not the brightest or bravest among us.. but the thing I saw last night.. I want nothing more than to remove it from existence and as a southern friend of mine once said to me "Have a word of PRayer" with the offending fools that toy with such things."

She let the words sink in, perhaps allowing at least the couple that had at least passing knowledge of her realize that while she may be very kittenish.. she did indeed have claws.

Turning her attention back to Bishop she shook her head "I do not have those accursed things on my person nor would I wish to taint myself with their presence anymore than I needed to. I tried all manner of prayers as well as mantras I know but it seems ones Faith has little to afford these things and that is terrifying to me."

Otto Cash

Mien

Mantle

Her greeting and introduction ignored, the redhead glances over other mages. After Miach's question on making things discreet, without a word she takes her pendant out and taps on it while closing her eyes and whispering the words of Supernal Power.

Control Sound, Potency 3, duration: one scene
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-13 10:24:08 Faith rolls 7 to Control Sound (Gnosis+Forces+HS) (10 Again) 10, 10, 2, 9, 5, 6, 4, 1, 5 3 successes

In her mind, the unheard sound of the silver propagates from her pendant like a soap bubble, to the point it's covering them similar to the dome; vibrating from their voices, but holding still, not letting their voices get out.

She opens her eyes again, hiding her pendant again behind her tunic. "We can talk safely now."

The woman utters no other word when other magi are talking. She's definitely interested in what they have to say and she still needs some time to evaluate them... But that doesn't mean she likes what they're telling. Really, just what kind of a city they sent me to?

After hearing the older man and the Asian woman, she starts to speak. Calmly, yet clearly and decisively.

"Given what we've all seen and if indeed the drug is the cause of that woman's state, I think we can tell a few things." While talking, she keeps count using her hand. "One, there are humans behind this, not monsters; two, it is a planned action; three, they are organized group; four, they are using Abyssal magic. We still have yet to determine at what point of their plan are they or how big their resources are but if they can let victims roam around like that, I'd say they're pretty much ready. They also probably have control of a large Hallow if they can Imbue large numbers of pills. I'd love to have some pills of this and get a look at it to discern if the drug's effect is only due to Abyssal spells contained in it or normal chemical substances as well."

At this point, she looks harshly at the older man, her tone more and more stern with each word. "For this reason, among others, I'm not willing to give them to you. You didn't state neither your Shadow Name nor Path nor Order nor who those 'superiors' of yours are; I don't know you and I have no reason to trust you aside of Miach's word. I've met or heard people from my Order already and you're not one of them, so who are you to order me around like that? Do you have any badge of authority? Do you have superior knowledge on those matters? If you had less success than us, I take it your answer is 'no'."

Faith takes a deep breath. She can't lose her composure now.

"I'll spread the word that we're working on this. I will work on this with you, but you will not try to boss me around without a proper reason. We will work together and make decisions together. Do you understand?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread