Status (News Media): ●
    Status (Concealed Firearms License): ●●
    Status (P.I.): ●
    Status (Consilium): ●
    Status (Guardian of the Veil): ●

((GotV-Private) Spinning a web)Mage Spent

cast at home
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-01 17:33:45 Bishop rolls 6 to cast Third Eye (Mind 2 + Gnosis 2+ HS) (10 Again) 2, 6, 3, 10, 8, 1, 8 3 successes
    2014-05-01 17:33:08 Bishop rolls 7 to cast Aura Perception Rote (Mind 2 + Wits 3 + Empathy 1 + Tool) (10 Again) 9, 2, 7, 4, 9, 1, 1 2 successes
    2014-05-01 17:30:54 Bishop rolls 4 to cast Spatial Awareness (Space 1 + Gnosis 2 + HS2) (10 Again) 3, 1, 1, 8 1 success
    2014-05-01 17:30:23 Bishop rolls 1 to cast Spatial Awareness (Space 1 + Gnosis 2 + HS2) (10 Again) 4 failure

Bishop entered the Downtown Kitchen at 16:50 and took a table in a corner, from where he could keep an eye on the whole room. He had considered meeting somewhere else or at a different time, but keeping up the act was crucial, since his plans were supposed to take their beginnings in the building of the Sacramento Bee. Thus it was imperative, that it seemed like this was a business dinner between co-workers...which it was, just not for the Bee.
    It had taken the better part of six months, but Bishop was certain he had found the right four people, that could work as the four foundations for spinning a web, which given time and cultivation, could provide useful ressources for his work and the Guardians. He had fleshed out the project. He had run it around his head for weeks. Planned, revised, scrapped and retried. It was an iterative process. The chance of succeeding with it was, much like in most other things, proportional to the amount of careful planning and staying very much under the radar.

Now he was here. Planning was over. He had memorized the operation by heart and could cite it. No records of this had been created. It was all in his head. And it would remain there. Guardians rarely took notes. It was time, to run his project by his superior and ask for two things.

A compact server mainframe and intrusion into the heads of four members of the Sacramento Bees working staff.

Bishop took a seat, rehearsing his plans once more and keeping an eye out for people showing and unhealthy interest in his presence.
    Health: [][][][][][][] | Willpower: ●●●OO | Basic Mana: 6/11 |
    „Spoken.“ | Thought | Done
    War is worse than Hell - in Hell, there are no innocent bystanders...

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Five minutes till 5pm Ariadne enters the Kitchen and takes a slow look around. Seeing Bishop she nods to the staff and motions in his direction. "Friend has a table already." Throwing them a smile she makes her way over to Bishop and sits down opposite of him.

"Good to see you again, how have things been?"

Bishop

Presence: ●●● (Professional)

For once, Bishop gave a smile, that displayed some emotion. He rose from his chair and shook the ladies hand, before taking his seat again.
    "It is good to see you again, Ma'am. Things have been busy, but in a progressive kind of way." he replied, displaying a little eagerness. "I am currently involved with the japanese librarian and the doctor, that had this unfortunate run-in with a kidnapper. Interesting story, but I am still evaluating its potential. However, that is not the agenda for today." Bishop waved the waitress over.
    "Have you eaten already?" he asked Ariadne, his tone light and nonchalant, while the staff of the kitchen was around them.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne shakes Bishop's hand and nods as she listens. Ah the mysterium

"Not yet now." Replies to Bishop and then "A chicken salad please" to the wait staff.

Once the staff member has moved onto another table Ariadne perks up. "So something new?"

Bishop

Bishop waits, until most of the people mobile in the restaurant are out of earshot. He leans a little more in.
    "The last company meeting at the byzantine, whe had someone going by the name of Mr. Lux talking about a data security problem. He stated, that the Sacramento Network was compromised somehow. I have no idea, how to tackle that particular issue, but it got me thinking. I believe, the company itself is lacking severly in a security failsafe, that registers and diverts problems." He gave a shrug and adjusted himself a little.
    "I have the layout for an interception protocol which we could handle through the Bees primary mainframe. My only problems at the moment are due to my personal limitations in ressources and skill. The easier part is actually quite simple and can be handled by throwing a modest amount of money at it. I would require a compact server mainframe and security equipment as well as a retasking order for an IT storage room in the basement of the bee. I can do set-up and logistic, but I can't procure all that alone."
    Bishop took a look around again, checking his surroundings.
    "The hard part, which I can't handle due to my limitations in skill, is fourfold. The cornerstones of this interception protocol are members of the Bees workforce. I can give you names and dates later, it's two IT-techs, an external reporter currently doing research in England and the Bees archivist. The journalist in England is actually my ignition to the whole thing, so he might only need to be monitored closely at times. But the other three need to be tempered with. And for that I would require you, since we are currently very short on qualified personnel."

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

"How far from it would our subsidiary of the company be from this venture? Boosting our security is a great idea but I don't want any more attention drawn to us." Ariadne inquires quietly once Bishop has had his say. She's curious as to what her fellow Guardian has in mind.

Bishop

Bishop ponders on this subject for a while.
    "Ideally, this can be as far away from our branch as we want it to be. Given correct placements, we would have enough decoys pointing to one another without our branch even being remotely close. Bear in mind, this will take some time. You are correct in so far, that the innermost layer can relate to us. Which is the four key persons I just mentioned. Actually, we may even reduce that to three, if I prolong my preparation window a little."
    Bishop shrugs and takes a sip of his drink.
    "Of course, anyone getting close enough to those innermost layers may actually be a worthy candidate of recruitment. Or become a target." His tone is still light, but the last phrase was loaded with unpleasant annotations.
    "Penetration of the actual surface layers however would require immense skills from the Rook of the hedge. If you wish details, I may demonstrate this external surface to you, before it goes life. Even after it is in place, I figure we would still have a window ranging from a few weeks to a few months for aborting this. If I design this correctly, most of the stormy sea will be on the outermost layer."
    Bishop takes a look around.
    "I understand, that in this city, we play nice, especially since there is not enough staff in our branch. But this may actually serve the purpose of finding some new recruits. I don't intend to step on anyones toes with this, but there may come a time, when we need to muster some strength from hidden reserves, and this may provide opportunity to come at some opponents sideways."

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

"I'll trust you in regards to the electronics of it all. That's not my field." Ariadne takes a bite of her salad.

"I like what you're planning. I'll help where needed. Hopefully this nets us more friends and less troubles." Not to mention pull some mundanes into the Web.

Bishop

Bishop gave one of his rare, true smiles, displaying that he was pleased. With a green light, he would have purpose, direction and use. He had not felt like this in quite some time. There was something especially fulfilling, when one was able to bring to areas of expertise into a single project and he had been looking forward into putting mundane projects into corporation for the Labyrinth.
    "Outstanding. I am glad that you appreciate my efforts. Now the work will truly begin. I will keep you informed on my progress and you will receive a demonstration, once everything is in play." Bishop nodded and turned on his food, suddenly less nervous and more hungry.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

"Maybe with a demonstration I'll fully understand it?" Ariadne has a soft quick laugh. Some things just don't click.

"Have you heard anything of others coming to our branch?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread