Ended
Watch

Real estate counsel (Private)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

True to her word, Aïleen had prepared to go to the Chapterhouse first thing at sundown. Driving into the court, she wondered whether she would get help, a rebuttal, or anything. Only one way to know. Put your Faith in the Lord, and move on the best you can.

Walking out of her car, it could be seen she had chosen to wear a black top and jean denims. She tried to seem relaxed, even if she felt far from it. She was trying to defend six months of work, if not more. But this was only the first stage of it.

Once in front of the door, she knocked firmly.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha was waiting by the door. Looking pale and drawn and leaning very hard on a pair of crutches, her left leg not replaced by anything tonight. Just an obvious gap where it would be.

Dressed in her school uniform, with straw hat and blazer and short gymskirt to just above the knee...Martha, smelling of an antiseptic lotion, offers Aileen a shy smile and hobbles on her crutches to carefully close the door to the Chapterhouse behind them.

"Ah, good evening. It is good to see you!" she croaks. Sounding as if she's suffering from a minor mortal cold.

"I hope you are well." she rasps out. Leaning even harder on her crutches, she tries a shy smile to Aileen.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

It was the first time seeing the Grand Wyrm without her prosthetic leg, and it came as a shock to Aïleen. She had learned to master her emotions, so it was perhaps not blatant, but it was dubious someone as experienced as Martha wouldn't notice. And the smell only added to the feeling of talking to someone in daily care. What a change from the lemonade !

"Good evening, Grand Wyrm. Thank you for receiving me on such short notice. I am well, thank you..." she hesitated during the lapse of a nonexistant heartbeat before going on, trying her best not to look at the missing leg. "I hope you are well too." there was a hint of an offer in the last sentence, if the Elder Mekhet needed any help.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiled a kind smile at the offer of help and seemed glad to hear Aileen was well. Taking care to crutch along to the parlor, she added softly, "Ah, thank you...recovering from an incident earlier...but I am well enough, thank you!" she tried a giggle, but it tuned into a cough.

Martha led Aileen towards a sofa. Taking care, she sat down and rested her crutches to one side. Taking equal care, she smoothed out her skirt. The contours of the skirt showing clearly how high up her thigh her amputation is.

As Martha smooths her skirt over her stump she seems to hesitate, as if studying or remembering something painful. It's a brief hesitation on her part, and is soon gone.

There is a carafe of lemonade ready and several tall glass tumblers.

Once Martha has adjusted and fussed with her skirt and crutches she beams a smile to Aileen. As her cough settles she asks Aileen;
    "Might I interest you in a glass of lemonade, Miss?" a sweet smile follows.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

If the Grand Wyrm wanted to talk more about that "incident", she could do so without Aïleen's further prodding. So the Mekhet instead walked silently until they reached the parlor, and sat smoothly.

She refrained from googling the other woman's injury, and wondered, not for the first time, if she had entered the Ordo Dracul in search of a Change that could heal her. It would only make sense, after all. Perhaps she could even look for it to help her in repayement for kindness past and future.

And the coughing too... what sort of incident had happened ?

The moment passed, and the talk resumed. "That would be great. Your lemonade is always so refreshing, Grand Wyrm." she replied with a smile.

Martha Villiers

PRE

With one hand rubbing at her stump Martha used her other to pour Aileen a glass of lemonade.

"Thank you!" she smiles and seems happily. "You're very kind! Ah..." she adds once she's poured the glass and handed it to Aileen, "...I hope I can be of help to you this evening, Miss! I know some people prefer to...cut-to-the-chase, as they say these days. Did you wish to jump to business, or ease into the matter?" she asks with a short, rasping, cough half-way through, blinking and seeming sincere in her question.

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Taking the glass offered by the head of her Covenant, Aïleen proferred yet more thanks, but couldn't help casting a worried look at the other Mekhet. It was the first time seeing her without her C-leg, and it was disturbing. Not for the first time, she wondered whether Martha had joined the Covenant about Change to change that lump back into a real leg. It was just impossible to ask that, though.

It was true that Aïleen had a very specific business to conduct with the Seneschal, but wouldn't it be construed as rude to go straight to the point ? She couldn't take the risk, no matter how slim. Too much was at stake for her.

"I'm sure you'll be of help, Seneschal. You always are." she said with a genuine smile. Perhaps the use of the title would hint at the purpose of their meeting. "And I would like you to know that I'm eager to help you if needed too, of course." did she offer with a nod carrying lots of intent.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha noticed Aileen look to her stump and offered a shy smile. Taking the chance to leap into conversation, she adds;

"Splendid! We can talk business as well as other matters! You would be surprised how many Kindred simply wish...*hack!* ...to dive into... *coughs!* ...conversations and be all-business! An admirable trait in many ways, but I do enjoy a little bit more from an encounter!" she giggled...her giggle turning into a hacking croak half way through...and rubbed, somewhat anxiously, at her stump.

"I was wondering...themes for Court! With the return of Lady Daniella Sage and her resumption of the Office of Mistress Keeper, I daresay we can look forward to some exciting ideas for the some Courtly themes! But...I wonder, do you have any suggestions for such themed Courts, Miss?" she smiles, croaking the last few words with a rasping sound.

But her eyes are wide and excited as she watches Aileen and grips tightly at her stump.

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Aïleen's eyes widened in concern at the Seneschal's speech pattern. She opened her mouth to inquire about it, but thought better before actually speaking. If her Elder had wished to talk about that, she would have done so. Instead, she nodded soberly in understanding of the point made, and moved on with the second line of speech.

"Themes... well..." she had never really thought about it, to be honest. The stars and the night were right by her, so why look further ? Thinking quickly, she blurted out the first thing that sprang to her mind.

"What about Fire ? or Water ?" she asked, before realizing what she was implying about herself.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha eyes went wide at the boldness of the suggestion of fire. She blinked and thought back to the recent execution by fire. She couldn't help it.

"Oh...well...an elemental theme..." she mused, tapping a finger to her lips in a gesture of thoughtful contemplation.

"Very interesting." she added softly.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread