Jayant got off the bus near the apartment where he was to meet his priscus as a feeling of nervousness washed over him. Certain he could actually hear his dead heart beating, which was quite ludicrous, Jayant follows the directions and comes across the address. Pressing the entrance button, the Mekhet waits patiently while looking down the street and into the shadows.

The door buzzes and Jayant enters. He takes the elevator to the third floor and walks down the hallway. Ishani is waiting for him in the hall. She smiles and motions for him to enter the apartment. The place is large but sparsely furnished. There is a comfortable looking couch and chair in the living room, a table and chairs in the kitchen area, and two other doors that are closed. The main rooms appear to be done in a light powder blue. Ishani takes a seat on the couch and looks at Jayant.

"What can I do for you this evening?"

Jayant smiles wide at seeing Ishani, and it seems like forever since they last spoke. Entering the apartment, Jayant automatically removes his terai hat and wipe his feet on the doormat without question before moving through to the lounge and taking a seat. Wearing a a pair of black combat trousers and a plain navy hoody, Jayant was dressed in, what he considered, his civilian clothing.

"Priscus, a pleasure to see you again," he begins, skirting the point, "how have you been? Well, I hope."

Ishani curls up on the couch next to him. She is wearing a pair of small linen shorts, almost like pajama shorts, and a tank top.

"I have been well enough. Very busy though. It would seem the job of Harpy is more difficult and demanding then I thought. I don't seem to be too bad at it though. Now, this Priscus thing........" She shakes her head in dismay. "I am afraid I am very lacking in that area. I think it might be best if we choose another one at the next family meeting."

Jayant's nod freezes and his smile falters. "Really? Well, I suppose there is always Circe or even Gideon, he seems like a man with the intelligence to head the clan. He seemed very apt at the chapterhouse."

Ishani looks embarrassed and tries to curl tighter into herself, as if she wants to become one with the couch. "I just...........feel like I am lacking in a lot of the areas necessary to do the job well. I mean, I know I am probably the best choice, considering the Prince and I are close and it is the best possible political situation for the clan. I just don't think I am very good at it."

A thought comes to her and she smiles suddenly. "Maybe I just need a really good Whip. Someone to help keep me focused." She thinks about that for another minute, then shakes her head as if clearing her thoughts.

I'm sorry, Jayant. You didn't come here to listen to me babble about my insecurities." She unravels herself and gives him her full attention. "What did you need to see me about?"

"Its ok, I just came to babble about insecurities also," he remarks with a grin. Taking a deep breath to gather his thoughts, Jayant speaks slowly in an effort to get his words out correctly.

"Well, there were a couple of matters I could use some...guidance with, if that's possible. The first is to do with a Crone matter." Jayant quickly holds his hands up in mock defence, "I know, I know, politics." Jokingly, he makes what could only be described as a face before lowering his hands to continue. "I have been given a task by the Hierophant relating to the Circle's previous temple and was wondering if you knew if it was a part of kindred holdings in any way?"

Ishani nods. "Yes, that temple used to belong to Heirophant Paresh. He bought the place when he first got here and had it renovated. To my knowledge it has not been used for anything else and is still claimed by the Circle if they wish to have it."

"That is what I thought but I needed assurance before stomping around on someone else's land. have been tasked with renovating it for the upcoming court. To be honest, it fills me with slight dread; I haven't been back there since......finding solace under Circe's guidance." He doesn't wish to make eye contact so simply stares at the walls, wondering what type of blue that is.

She places a hand on Jayant's knee and gives it a slight squeeze. "I know. I miss them too. But the best thing we can do now is try to move on and not forget who they were and why they were important to us."

She thinks for a moment, before turning to look at him again. "What kind of renovating needs to be done?"

Involuntarily, he shudders.

"Oh, just a little dusting, I believe. Maybe a run around with a vacuum. The thing is, I have also been asked to make a suitable memoriam for Master Paresh, Mako and Little V. Ish...Priscus, I am not a creator of things, I have no idea where to start. The only thing I can control and craft are shadows."

The shudder takes Ishani a bit by surprise, but she pushes it aside for the moment. She'll contemplate it later. Probably an emotional reaction to the subject matter. She opens her mouth to respond, when he mentions that he has no capacity to create in him. Shaking her head sadly, she looks at him, locking his gaze with hers. She brings her hand up to cup one side of his face and smiles with a touch of sadness to it.

"You could be so much more if you would just allow yourself to be. I see so much potential in you. I saw the same in O-Yama. I understand that you have duties and obligations, but they should not stop you from growing. You cannot allow your Requiem to become so stagnant, or you may as well be ash now."

She lets her hand fall to her lap and looks down to study it. "I can help with the memoriem, if you need. I have a few ideas of what they might have wanted. Master Paresh followed a specific culture and Mako and Valencia were very much a part of that as well."

His heart swelled. Then, Jayant beat it back into its cage with the ferocity of an enraged Naga, chipping it away until he was once again back to his self-depricating self.

"Thank you, Priscus," he says very formally. "I would appreciate it." He kept it at that, not wanting to betray anything else. He had lingered here for too long.

"Well, it seems I have taken up enough of your time this evening, perhaps I should head off and start to work on some ideas, hmm?" He stands, smiling, readying to leave.

Ishani stands, confused. "I-well I suppose. What was the other matter you wished to discuss?"

She studies his face, not sure where this sudden change in demeanor was coming from. "Have I done something wrong? Have I offended you?"

Jayant's dark eyes go wide as Ishani stands, and he stammers in response.

"No, no, no, not at all!" He sighs, taking a breath. "Its just....I'm not one for compliments, I don't know how to react to them. I apologize." Jayant gives her a bow, clearly sorry for any slight perceived or otherwise. He was also very apt at saying sorry.

Ishani's eyes flash with anger but she shoves it aside. Getting angry is not the proper way to deal with this situation. She watches Jayant for a few moments before speaking again. When she does her voice is clam but flat and commanding.

"Sit down."

She waits for him to take his place back on the couch. Once he is seated, she stands in front of him. "I understand that you are subservient to the Crone, however I am not your Heirophant and I am not Crone. Therefore, I am not above you in that kind of capacity. Right now, I am not your Priscus or your Harpy. I am Ishani Naetesh, Mekhet and God only knows what else. I am your friend, on equal footing with you, I stand beside you, not above you. If you wish for my assistence with this or anything else then that is how you will treat me. Is that understood?"

He looks up at her, mouth opening and closing for a couple of seconds, looking like some kind of fish. Finally, Jayant gains the words.

"Yes, Pris....Ishani, its understood. Loud and clear." He continues to look at her before breaking into a wide grin. "I'd hate to be the Prince; you're pretty scary when upset."

Ishani lauighs. "Oh he holds his own, don't let him fool you."

She sighs and sits back down next to him. "Good, now that we have that cleared up, might I make a few suggestions? If you are going to be doing something in memory of the former Heirophant, then maybe we should leave the Indian decor already in place. It would be more fitting to the setting.?"

"Of course, I wouldn't dare to touch the decoration itself, I wouldn't want the ghost of Master Paresh haunting me forever more." He thinks back to his time at the temple, and the spartan room he could usually be found in, down the hall from V's.

"Ishani, how well did you know Mako and Valencia? I was only in the city a small while before Bethem and the Lost Nights but I fell far short in actually getting to know them that in depth."

She smiles sadly. "I knew them well enough to understand that they were somewhat of a family. Valencia was much older then she appeared and her and Mako had...........a unique relationship. Nothing sexual, mind you, but there was a deep love there and they both cared greatly for Paresh. It was an odd unit, but it worked. I miss them."

"As do I." Jayant tries to think of anything else and then the recalled there was a second matter he wanted to discuss.

"Ishani, during the bloodhunt, Priscus O-Yama mentioned to me about a coterie of warriors, and after the Prince spoke of Hatori's disappearance, I have decided to try and fulfill his ideal. What do you think? Is it too much?"

She gives Jayant a bright smile. "Oh no. I think that is a great idea. I have been meaning to talk to O-Yama about it myself for a while now, but never got the opportunity to take him aside. Who else were you considering for the coterie? I think Headstrong would make a good candidate."

"Yes, Konstantin mentioned Headstrong, she was on my list of those to approach, along with the Gangrel Priscus, Reeve Culler, Hound Twist, and yourself." He looks at her honestly and openly. "Your skill in the chapterhouse was paramount, and it would be an honour to fight alongside you in the future." Jayant holds her gaze for a couple of moments before looking away. "Obvioulsy, all of the above mentioned have quite important duties already and I'm unsure if they have time to devote to such a gathering."

Ishani smiles at the compliment. "Thank you. You're not so bad yourself, you know. I am sure they will make time. Something like this is important to the city, not just to the warriors. I think having a group like this will show that this city does have martial strength, not just political power. Thank you for extending the invitation. It means a lot to me."

"You're welcome, I take it you will think about it?"

Ishani shakes her head. "No, I will agree to it. I've already thought about it." She smiles and pats his hand. "You're very sweet Jayant, and I know you are strong enough to get this coterie brought together. If you need my help, just ask. As for the memorium..........let me see what I can get together. I also had another idea. Circe said the Crone is all about creation right? So, why don't we find out which Goddess represent creation in say five or six different pantheons? Then, we can build a shrine to each Goddess and use that as the theme for Court. What do you think?"

Jayant inclines his head to Ishani. "And that is why you are so loved in this domain. It is a brilliant idea, I shall get to exploring some books to see." He stands to leave and kisses the back of Ishani's hand; a gesture of loyalty. "Thank you Ishani, you have been a fine friend to me. I'll let you know who else is interested in this endeavour." Ths small Mekhet turns to leave and heads for the door but suddenly remembers somthing he had to clarify.

"When I spoke with Konstantin, he was interested in learning our family's understanding of Auspex. I informed him that I would be happy to but needed first to check with you." Jayant looks at her, his eyes resolute but understaning this is a big deal. Teaching outsiders Shadow secrets is a serious issue and one not to be taken lightly. "I trust Konstantin with my Requiem, if that helps."

This time, Ishani blushes at the compliment. "I-thank you." She says simply. When he asks about the Auspex, she becomes serious. "I appreciate you checking with me. Yes, it is a very serious matter but Konstantin has earned the right to ask. If you are willing to teach him, then I do not have an issue with it. I trust him with my Requiem as well."[/QUOTE]

"Thank you, I am not as skilled as yourself, but I can improve my senses beyond the norm and have recently learned to scan a person's aura. Konstantin seemed interested in the former primarily." Jayant gives Ishani one of his large smiles, teeth showing. "Good night, Ishani, thank you for the help."[/QUOTE]