Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
171 - 174
DISPLAYED
A Drop By The Church (Open)

Page 18 of 18 First ... 8 14 15 16 17 18

The Mother Superior pulls herself straight and nods to the Reeve and the Seneschal. "I thank you for coming this night, though I wish the situation had been different. But even from this, God grants us an opportunity to grow stronger. Please pass along my regards to the Prince, and assure him that the Lancea et Sanctum will rise from this ruin, stronger than before."

To Heathcliff, she adds "I will look forward to talking more, and soon."

To Madison, she says "Inquisitor Smith and I will Haven with you." She looks at Mariel, then at Michael, studying him for a moment. "Mariel can make her own choice as to where she stays, and choose also for her adopted childe. She speaks as the political voice of the Lancea et Sanctum until such time as we have a Bishop, and to fulfill that duty, she will need to learn to make wise decisions, as her decisions affect more than her. She will also need to learn to choose her allies wisely... or learn from the consequences of unwise decisions and choices."

"Keep in touch with Seneschal Staley," she tells Mariel. She then lets herself slump, Madison supporting her. "Let us go to your Haven. I will need to feed soon, that I may heal over the coming nights, and there are other preparations to make."

Mariel felt the weight of Mother Superior's criticism. And considering how out of control she'd been earlier? Well. It was probably for the best. Still, knowing where Michael lived? That might be useful.

Come get something to eat with us, Michael, she said. You can follow us.

Madison Wells

PRE

Madison did not say another word, she simply led the Mother Superior to her car and helped her in. She then assisted the Inquisitor, if he had need.

She disagreed with the Mother's decision to make Mariel the political representative to begin with, but Madison was not exactly the political type herself. Nor was it her place to question the other woman's authority. She would make herself ready to put the pieces back together should it be necessary. As she would have to do with the now burning church.

With one last look at what used to be the home of Longinus, Madison got into her car and began to make her way to her Haven.

As Mariel, Michael and Alastair head on their way, and Madison, the Mother Superior and David on theirs, they hear the anticipated sound of sirens off in the distance, but approaching.

Scene ends.

Page 18 of 18 First ... 8 14 15 16 17 18
Closed Thread