Ended
Watch

The Beginning of Something... Decent

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    A
    AwakeOrangutang

Tessa trudged through the empty street before here, still trying to comprehend if this was real. Having just arrived in Sacramento, she should be feeling overjoyed to be back in semi-familiar territory. She had always been a ciy girl and after her extended stay in a supernatural forest that wanted to kill her, the sight of buildings looming over her head should've been extra welcoming. But as she aimlessly wandered through streets darkened by night, she just felt shell shocked. Was this reality? Or fever dream drifting through her mind as she slept above monsters too horrific to properly describe? Had she always been able to smell the oil of a nearby leaking car? Everything seemed crisper, even under the gloom of twilight. She looked down at her locket, seeing the picture of her and... somebody. Harry? Henry? Though she currently couldn't place his name, she was deeply thankful to him. It was this locket who reminded her who she was, let her escape from that nightmare. Hope beyond hope that was all it was, a night terror. One that seemed so real and yet even now it was foggy in her mind. If it was so horrifying, why was she forgetting it? If it was just a terrible dream, why did she still feel like there was this animal side of her telling her to be ever wary? She continued placing one foot in front of the other, hoping it would take her to safety.

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green was walking again. He paced the empty streets, head down, meaty hands in massive pockets; hunched down in yet another military surplus greatcoat. He like greatcoats. He wished the thorns wouldn't shred them all the time. Realising that he had another construction job lined up leant a certain speed to his steps. The mountain knew that his free time would soon be cut right back and he still hadn't found any suitable locations for the cottage network.

Desperation lent itself to creative thinking. Surely somewhere, in the nooks and crannies of the faceless backstreets, was a spot fit for a cottage or a cache of supplies. The long walk helped break in his new work boots too!

Date Action Roll Result
    2014-04-25 00:31:20 Green is in tune with the Wyrd! rolls 4 to Wits + Wyrd (10 Again) 10, 4, 4, 1, 9 2 successes

A
    AwakeOrangutang

As Tessa turned a corner, she noticed a lone man on the street, his back turned to her. That being said, he wasn't hard to notice. The man was a giant, even at a distance she could tell he would dwarf her 4'08" frame. And when you see a lone man in a trenchcoat down the street, you tend to notice. Warning lights should've been going off in her head that he was dangerous. Who knows why he was out looking so frankly suspicious. But... how long had it been since she had human interaction? No that was nonsense, it was all supposed to be a dream. A dream that felt like it took years to end. Despite any weariness she might have, she felt like she needed to talk to somebody. She was already a stranger in a city she had rarely been to as a child. She needed assistance, or so she told herself as justification, and he was as good a person as any. The tubby Changeling walked up to the stranger and tapped on his back with a... claw? That couldn't be right, she must be seeing things. She shook herself to get rid of the image and due to the cold air that seemed to have come out of nowhere when she had approached the figure.

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green felt the Wyrd surge! about him but didn't click that a Changeling was approaching until he felt the tap on his back. He turned, stupidly expecting something approaching his own height, so it took a few moments for him to look down. He loomed, craggy, with hair like massed fronds of mossy vegetation. He couldn't help it. It was just the way he was.

He made to speak. Stopped. Took a double take.

"Passing through or looking to stay?" There was no aggression in his voice. It was more a statement than a question. There was a hint of surprise behind his voice (one might pick it up if they listened, really, really, hard). The lack of empathy that was legendary among the Elementals was on full display. Green forgot the social niceties and cut straight to the chase.

Another one? What? In a month or so? What the heck!

A
    AwakeOrangutang

Tessa realized that she had made a big mistake as soon as Malcolm turned around. Instead of being greeted by the face of a human, she was staring into the rocky visage of someone who appeared to be carved of granite. She stared up in horror at the emotionless face of the creature before her. She could barely hear his words over her own heartbeat thundering in her ears. Every single one of her animal instincts was screaming at her to run but she felt like her legs had turned to jelly. This can't be happening! She tried backing away but ended up stumbling over herself and falling backwards.

"No. No, no, that wasn't real. That was all supposed to be a dream! You're just a- just a... You stay away from me! I'm not going back to Him! I'd rather die than go back to that hellish forest! You try to take me back there and I'm going to kill you. Don't take me lightly, I will do it."

Date Action Roll Result
    2014-04-29 12:20:20 Tessa rolls 1 to threaten the man-mountain (chance roll) (10 Again, Chance) 5 failure

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

If Green hadn't been a stone giant, he'd have taken a step back, shielding himself from the terrified outburst. As he was made of stone, he simply stood his ground and stared. Emotions were not something the Mountain understood

"Um. Thats a great start! Yeah. Especially from someone who looks like a... a... fury... thing..." He paused. "You look Lost. How long you been out?" He dug into a pocket for his new notepad and pen. His eyes swept the street - now was not the time to have mundies watching.

Green reeled inwardly, confused.

A
    AwakeOrangutang

The rock's response confused her. Of all the things she was expecting, congratulating her and asking her odd questions wasn't what she thought someone trying to capture her again would say. He didn't make a move towards, that was a good sign, right? Given some space, she slowly got to her feet, though she was still ready to attack him if he tried anything.

"I'm not some furry thing, I'm a human. You guys were the ones who captured me before, shouldn't you know how I look? I doubt that I look all that furry, then or now. One, maybe two days. At most. Why do you want to know, trying to break a record or something? Now that she wasn't in immediate danger, at least it didn't feel like it, she was regaining a little bit of her attitude. After all, what was he gonna do with a notepad and pen? Beat her over the head multiple times before stabbing her? No, don't think like that. If this really was related to those monsters intent on devouring her, he might be fast enough to do just that. She couldn't let her guard down, not right now.

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

"Um. Yeah. About that..." Green paused as he struggled with the pen in his chunky hands. He gave up, simply tapping it against the notebook as if it were a drum. "I think the term is... term is you were human. You're... ah... not now, so to speak, yeah?"

He exhaled slowly.

How the fuck am I going to explain all this?

He looked about a second time. "We might not want to speak here. Too open. But we need to talk. You and I. Maybe some other people." And then he eyeballed her, the craggy ridges of his eyebrows rising with painful slowness. "And how do I know you're not out to trap me? Coming on all weak and helpless like you just fought your way from Fairy Land and all. 'Cause I know - and you know! - that they're still out there. They got friends like us who'd sell us for pixie dust and pat on the head. And the muggles don't have a fucking clue!" For once he let himself loom.

A
    AwakeOrangutang

"Excuse me? You're trying to turn me into the villain here? For your information, I seem like I just fought my way out of Fairy Land because, yeah! I did just fight my way out of... that place! Whatever it was. Ever since I got back in to Woodland, I've been running until I got here! I haven't had a bite to eat or time to wash my hair or-" she stopped there. As she talked about her hair, she had ran her fingers through it to emphasis the fact, but had found something that shouldn't be there. Ears. She felt them between her fingers, little round things sticking up from beneath her brown locks. She brought her hand down to her face to look at the claws tipping them. Then... those were real too? Her anger faded into the back of mind, confusion taking its place.

Whoever this man was, he was right. That hadn't been a dream, that man who lead her to his domain, those shadowy beasts of his. They were real. And according to him, he wasn't the only one and it didn't sound like any others were any better. And he also seemed to be right about her not being human. But then... what was she? This man seemed to know the answers. And he was offering to help her.

"I suppose both of us have reason to distrust the other," she said with a heavy note of resignation. "Heck, you probably more so since you know what's going on here. I guess... there's nothing to do but trust the other. If it helps, I can guarantee you that I wouldn't sell you out to my previous... Master, I suppose you could call him. I'll go with you. It's becoming clear to me that I don't know the half of what's going on."

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green grunted.

"Okay. Lets keep moving, yeah. Mundy types feel safe when people move along." Pocketing his pen and paper, her jerked his head in the direction he was going. "Yeah. Lot goes on. Lets start with the basic stuff while we go. You've just got out of the big fairy woods, yeah? Know what year it is?"

Green was slowly forming the opinion the erratic Beast was even fresher than the other two he had met recently. The question was his first test to check out his opinion; and it was a good enough place to start as well.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.