Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
341 - 350
DISPLAYED
(0908) Autumn Festival

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 35 of 39 First ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 Last

HAL

He holds up one finger for the young man to consider his answer a moment as he smiles brightly at Joshua, "Excellent. I thank you for your assistance in my research. This is not the venue for such a conversation, however. Make sure Terri has your contact information, and I will call upon you soon, Joshua Freemantle." His face realigns to its previous setting as he turns back to Rick, circuits arcing lazily.
    Giving Joshua a nod of encouragement, Terri steps back from HAL and Rick to give them some space and waits to see of the young Elemental was going to be forthcoming with his contact information. As she waits, her bushy tail twitches involuntarily.

Why now? Am I ready? She ponders worriedly while biting her lower lip unconsciously.

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

Nightfall hops up and walks over to his oldest friend. He squats down and looks at him seriously.

"Adin, those nasty drinks make people fat and run slow."

There's nothing sweeter than the truth.
    Al-Adin's eyes grow wide. He can't slow down. That would be bad. That would be aweful. No no no no no no no no "no no no no no no no no no" He says, backing away from the table and the elixer of deadly slowness.

"Don't let them make me." He clutches Nightfall's arm, fear plainly evident in his voice and face.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

Joshua looked blankly at HAL until the suggestion sank; then he sighed meekly in relief - he wouldn't have to think about it now. Sure, sooner or later he had to do it, but he'll worry about that when the moment came.

He stepped aside and approached Terri, not fully able to hide the small suspicious look at Rick. "My number is [some mobile phone number]; I recently got this phone - it's nothing special, not like those iPhones or anything- anyway.." This was awkward. He didn't want to be angry at Terri, but somehow he was. That's pretty childish.. It was. But he didn't quite dare to talk about it with Terri.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

"Hey no sweat, I only buy cheap phones now 'cause of how easy they break, 'specially from a great height. You would'a thought they would design a phone that bounces or something." She taps the number directly into her phone. "Would you like mine, just.." Terri stops, the words 'in case' fading invisibly as she looks directly at Joshua.

"Everything ok?"
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

"Huh? Yeah sure. It's just this computer - it freaks me out. And I hardly know anyone.." That was such a good lie that he almost believed it himself. There were some merits to being less than averagely intelligent.
    "Sure, go ahead and give me yours." Still a bit distanced, and that envious feeling was still nagging somewhere in the back of his head. But it was getting manageable if he kept telling himself that there was no problem.
    Frowning slightly, Joshua considered having another beer.

J
    Jak

Harry Turkleton

Harry arrives back at his table and sits down to enjoy his drink, if not in quiet, then...well, Harry enjoys drinking, regardless of the commotion around him and whether he actually appears to be enjoying himself. He absent-mindedly strokes his warble as his mad eyes flit about the room, coming to rest on the exits and each of the Sovereigns. "I expect every Summer courtier to volunteer for the Ash Run," he says to his table, though his definition of volunteer may not match Webster's. "Anything else you all need to discuss with me, now's the time. Otherwise, enjoy the rest of the party." His beak turns to a smile at this last comment, knowing that his Court won't be enjoying much in the near future with the tasks he's assigned.
    Jack watches the ceremony and listens to what the Summer King expects from his courtiers. "If anyone ever needs some backup, you can leave me a message here." He writes down a landline number with an extension on several napkins if any of the Summer Courtiers want one. "If you don't need anything from me my Lord, I'll go talk to the Autumn King about the Ash Run now."

King Crunk

Crunkatron5000 gives Nightfall a gander at the grill, but behind the glitter there's a cold in his eyes that states in no uncertain terms that the Winter courtier can forget about getting himself in the Spring Court's good graces any time soon.

When he turns to his l'il Crunk Monkey, the chill is replaced with understanding tinged with disappointment. "'S OOOKAAYYY, AL! NO ONE GONNA MAKE YOU DO NUTHIN' YOU DON' WANNA DO HERE, OOOKAAAYY?!? THA'S WHAT THEM OTHERS DO!" He pats the monkey-man's shoulder.

He turns from the young Runnerswift to face Katrin. "OOOKAAAY! I GOTTA FORFEIT, DAMN!!! UNLESS...YOU WANNA GO DOUBLE OR NOTHIN'?!?" He grins at her. "YOU PICK ANOTHER CHAMPION, AND IF THAT ONE LOSES, YOU GET THE ICE, BABY, AND!!! I'LL GET BUCK ASS NEKKID AT MY OWN CLUB ON LADIES NIGHT!!! WHAT'CHU SAY, HUH???"

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

"It's ok, Adin," Nightfall assures his friend, after Crunkcakes' proclamation and stare. "That's what friends are for. I think the others just forgot?"

"I suppose you want me to cheer on your race even though you missed my contest at Glissade," he asked with a smile.

Cold fog comes from Nightfall's mouth as he speaks, his Mantle manifesting in triumph over both the Spring Court and it's now icy-eyed sovereign.

King Crunk

He turns from the young Runnerswift to face Katrin. "OOOKAAAY! I GOTTA FORFEIT, DAMN!!! UNLESS...YOU WANNA GO DOUBLE OR NOTHIN'?!?" He grins at her. "YOU PICK ANOTHER CHAMPION, AND IF THAT ONE LOSES, YOU GET THE ICE, BABY, AND!!! I'LL GET BUCK ASS NEKKID AT MY OWN CLUB ON LADIES NIGHT!!! WHAT'CHU SAY, HUH???"
    Katrin imagines Crunk "BUCK ASS NEKKID," and shivers.

No, dahling, that is allright. I will be having my diamond as soon as you can get it. She pauses. I hate to see you of all peoples so wintry, tho. Is not right.

If you let me shop with you, choose ring myself, well...perhaps I might be persuaded do one show for club. That way, everyone happy.

And I still get spotlight and attention. And many tips. Yes, I will win prize, too.

She smiled up at the Spring King.

Let's have fun!
    Mask

Mask: a swarthy 20 something middle easterner.

Mien: comical round monkey wars on the top of his head and a brown monkey tail.

PRE

Al-Adin can sometimes be best described as a light-switch. one minute he is sad, scared, and small, and then next...
    "Yup! Bestest friends!" He gives Nightfall a good wallop on the back, far stronger than he used to be. Has he been working out or something?
    "You had a tournament? Cool! You won right? No one can beat Nightfall, he's the best!" Al-adin shouts, though to whom is anyone's guess.

"You'd do that, even for me when I didn't cheer for you? Your the best Nightfall! You should run as well! I'll help train you!"
    ... he's back to bouncy, painfully happy go lucky. The smell of fresh cut grass mingling with the chilly fog, before being consumed by winter's touch. Al-Adin seems so removed from his court, from everything around him, and yet he loved Nightfall as only a true friend could.
    Beast: Runnerswift (monkey mien) Striking Looks2: Arabian Prince,
    Spring Mantle 5: Laughter of children
    Presence 3: Effusive

Page 35 of 39 First ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 Last
Closed Thread