Okay, this guy was really starting to piss her off.

Terri sighs as she crosses her arms and averts her gaze from Coach Kennedy who was being so uncooperative to her demands as he sat behind his desk. It wasn't that she didn't want to argue but Alex had grown in her heart and Terri was extremely keen about continuing as the young boxer's conditioning trainer. All she requested was a little more money, it wasn't much, especially seeing how much time and effort she had put into his seasoning. Maybe she was being greedy and should leave it another month or two, wait to see how Alex gets on after his next big fight. Perhaps the Coach had a point. Perhaps....

Perhaps my ass!

“Listen to me, Coach,” the last word spat more than spoke, as her hands drop to her hips and Terri stands straighter, making herself more assertive. Rick must be rubbing off on me. “Every ounce of sweat, every aching muscle, every goddamn moment of pain that boy goes through, I feel acutely.I have improved him more than simply making him fitter. He is more confident, dynamic and proud to actually be doing what you want him to do.” With every word, she ticks of her fingers. “Now, the way I see it, I can walk away and let him get on with your regime and you can hope he is ready for that title fight or you can pay me that little bit more and in return, I'll give you a star. Your choice, Coach.”

It doesn't take the boxing trainer much time to decide and as Terri bounces joyously back to her apartment (plus a bigger contract), she reminds herself to thank her.....boyfriend (?) for making her that little more pushy.