Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa had turned, half facing the Mekhet banner, half facing the Ventrue -- but separated from Roderick. Thoughts mulled like wine in a crock pot as he half listened to August, half focused on the body language of the Shadows.

Teodor Ralucat had awful timing.

It was a testament to his focus that Yekaterina only received a cursory glance, even if she reminded him of Elle Moirained -- by appearance alone.

Turning, he gave August his full attention.

"I'm sure anything you can speak to Seneschal Villiers about, you can speak to me about,"
    he said, subtly correcting the Priscus.

After all, he's rather keep the business of Lords... among Lords.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

M

With Asa's attention elsewhere, Roderick slowly slipped out of the salute but stayed ready if Asa suddenly called him out on it. Roderick now had a better understanding of Asa. Martha's warm welcoming and Dillon's parcial casualness gave him the impression of Enlisted Officers, those who started out as the 'foot soldiers' of the military but rose up through hard work. He could relax with them, speak honestly with them but know that they will enforce the rules that need to be enforced to the extent they need to be forced.

Asa.. Asa was a whole different Beast. Commissioned Officer all the way, full on West Point brat. Most likely was born into rich money and will die on a pile of money. Roderick understood now. Let the Officer play his games, be the king of the hill, go by the book on everything despite practicality.

3 successes to hide emotions.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-05-08 21:54:25 Roderick rolls 4 to go stone faced (Composure + Subterfuge) (10 Again) 10, 9, 6, 9, 6 3 successes

Roderick was glad he hadn't forgotten how to pull the classic Stone Face. Folks think that only Marines can look emotionless and unmoving. Rangers just don't get the 'honor' of doing it in public like some kind of spectical. Been to busy fighting and winning wars.

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Skeleton Keys: Closet

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 4/11
    Willpower: 1/4
    Health: [][][][][][][]

Skeleton Keys: Cotouri

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 6/11
    Willpower: 3/4
    Health: [_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_]
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 10/11
    Willpower: 4/4
    Health: [][][][][][][]
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hildegarde watched the exchange quietly. One eye was on her family. The other was drifting over the Court, watching who was talking to who.

Sitting with her Clan was a new sensation to the Lord, one that was not entirely pleasant. It was slowly dawning on her her just how much her Covenant meant to her. It had framed her existence since the earliest nights with the Count. She had never interacted with any other Ventrue before she came to the Alder Duke's Domain, and the lack of subtle clues was starting to grate. The titles, however baroque, were so useful...

The notion that she felt alone was a worrying - and thrilling - experience. In response she turned her attention back to her "family", all of sudden more interested in their interactions - from an academic perspective.
    Blood Potency 3|Vitae 11/1|Willpower 4/4|Health 7/7| Doll Face

4. Likes Matamune, Jaqen liked this post

Katsuro Tomori

"Well Your Highness, from my understanding Regent-Reeve Connery seemed set about on making sure things were clear with Seneschal Villiers, and appologizing for bringing a potential threat into court, on Mr. Pearsons part... and the Regent-Reeve had implied that I could ask her in regards to etiquette amongst the court officers versus those of unofficial standing which you have so graciously corrected yourself which I'm proud to learn under such a fine example...I suppose all that is left really is the appology, if you feel that is adequate? I will of course defer to your better judgment. He drawled on in that long winded southern fashion, obviously thinking carefully about his exchange and showing a great amount of sobriety in his compliments of the Prince. He seemed genuinely pleased to be learning quickly and pointedly.

"Also, Mr. Pearson...I was going to address this in private later, but since we're airing things out, I want you to know I was only referring to the dagger to minimize the appearance of threat, my Pride could have perhaps been wielding the whip, as it were...but I was acting in what I felt was your best interests. You have my apologies for any perceived disrespect to your Sires blade. Family is everything." he gave a polite nod at the sentiment, and watched Rodericks reaction carefully.
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

M

Roderick said nothing for a moment, holding the stone solid pose during and after August's apology. Finally, he closed his eyes and started to think on what August said. He knew it was true, from the moment that August had said it he understood what the Southerner was attempting to do. He didn't like it but it tactically and rationally made sense.

But something else, something just boiled up inside of him. It tore away at the rationality and left only blind anger behind. It had almost lead him to strike out at the other man. A foolish notion that would have burned a key bridge and got him further in the hole over something so trivial. Thankfully, the apology was enough for now. His displeasure towards August all but evaporated save for a remaining simmer in his gut, something he'd have to deal with later. For now, he opened his eyes and looked to August, "Allow me to extend an apology as well." Roderick's voice was calm and true, "I had allowed myself to be blinded by... my pride. I had viewed what was an attempt at aid as one looking down on another. And had saw what was a rationally and tactically wise choice of words to be belittling." Roderick lowed his head a bit and spoke in a softer voice, "Miyako would have been disappointed, I believe."

Roderick straightened up and spoke in a firm voice, directly at August but to the Prince as well, "I will discover what it is that is causing this to occur and tamper it down. I will become a Kindred that you can proudly call an ally."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

What?

Asa was tempted to ask August to repeat himself. This time, he'd record it, and the next time Ishani told him that he wasn't being clear, he'd play it for her.

There were so many words.

He wasn't even entirely sure what August had meant with all of them. He was entirely sure that Dillon Connery hadn't used all of those words. It was no stereotyping of the Reeve's Blood, just simple deduction: he'd never had a problem understanding anything Dillon had ever said.

"Just... write the apology. Send a gift."

He'd heard the word 'apology' at the end, and assumed they were still speaking of Martha. If what he'd just heard was a bellwether, he'd lose his Seneschal for nights to an apology done in person.

"Good evening, cousins."

Asa added a polite nod to each, and began making his way out after exchanging pleasantries.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Katsuro Tomori

August nodded at Rodderick, and there might've been for the briefest of instances a smile form at the edge of his lips. As the prince stood the Priscus' thoughts turned elsewhere...

If you can't amaze them with grace, baffle them with bullshit... thought Galloway as he stood and bowed politely to the Prince. He had gone from needing to make an immediate appology in court to simply being required to send a letter, much more private, much more controllable as far as prying eyes were concerned. Oh how he loved using southern stereotypes...

"Absolutely Your Highness. May your evening be pleasant as well."
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread