Ended
Watch

Memento Mori (Open)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Miach

PRE

Standing upright under the light rain that was falling on Eastlawn Memorial Park, Miach was waiting at the Park's entrance. He had written and displayed notes in all relevant places he could think of, and called a few persons personally, so hopefully he wasn't waiting for nothing.

The blonde Acanthus wore a black suit, as was customary when attending a funeral. Today was Mr Rossi's cremation. He felt bad, but wouldn't shirk his duty to the Moros's memory.

Orobas walks up slowly, wearing a rented black suit of his own. A funeral is not something he's accustomed to coming to, but here he is.

He hadn't known Rossi that well, but at the same time, the journalist feels a sense of responsibility. He participated in the mission that unfortunately ended the other mage's life. It just feels like he needs to be here, if only to show his respects and apologize for what happened.

C
    Casitive

Gina | Mysterium Sleepwalker | Striking Looks •••• || Tyria Primoria| Curator | SL •• (Elegant)

A slim, solemn black sedan comes to a stop nearby; its severe lines cutting through the rain drops. When the car stopped and the windshield wipers and lights lost their lives, Orobas and Miach could see two figures within. A black-umbrella blossomed from the car and out stepped Gina, dressed head-to-toe in deepest, darkest black. Around the car and opening the passenger side, Tyria Primoria emerged.

Question was one of hers and he was now gone as well as the magic that lived within him. The opportunities that could have been Question's were dashed against the rocks of mortality. He would never again fly. It was Tyria's duty, then, to see that the Wise was given a proper send-off. After all, Tyria was the lone Theonom in the entire Sacramento Metropolitan Area.

The elegant Curator was severely and dourly dressed. Her sharp black skirt-suit was matched only with sparse jewelry. Her steps sure and precise, she comes to a halt near the blonde Acanthus and the Fedora'd Mastigos. After a sharp nod, Tyria greets both men with a simple, “Gentlemen.”

Gina's blonde hair on the other hand, was delicately coiled up on her head and away from her face. The Sleepwalker held her Umbrella up, shielding Tyria and herself from the rain.

If you have Mage Sight up you need to roll Perception-1 to have your unseen senses trigger.

Bishop

Presence: ●●● (Professional)

Status (News Media): ●
    Status (Concealed Firearms License): ●●
    Status (P.I.): ●
    Status (Consilium): ●
    Status (Guardian of the Veil): ●

Cast at home
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-04-07 15:54:46 Bishop rolls 8 to cast Grim Sight (Wits 3 + Occult 1 + Death 3 + Tool - 2 duration + HS) (10 Again) 10, 8, 9, 4, 1, 9, 4, 3, 5 4 successes

Bishop left the cab just outside the graveyard proper and opened a black umbrella. Rain pelted on the fabric and dripped of the edges, while he paid the driver. For these kinds of occasions, Bishop had a habit. His hair was neatly trimmed and his face immaculately shaven. He had washed himself with cold water this morning and dressed for the occasion. He had done it the same way, when his parents had died, back in the days that now seemed like an eternity away. The same way he had done it, when his spouse-to-be was laid to rest in Portland. The same way, when he had gotten even with her murderer.

Any death deserved as much respect. Regardless of the things, that were done, any living man and woman was a child of someone. In the natural way of things, children buried their parents. In the natural way of things, parents had to die for children to fully grow into their own. Therefore, any man or woman parting this existence needed to leave behind a void, a potential to be realized, a chance to take. Nothing should be left behind and to honor such things, one should remember where oneself would go one day until the great equalizer called. At least, that was the way Bishop as a Moros saw such matters of Life and Death.

He turned towards the Memorial Park. In his pocket, his fingers played idly with a parting gift, a piece of lead, which Bishop had bought at a store for fishing materials that was located in sight of the tower bridge. It had a certain appeal, since Rossi and Bishop were of the Leaden Coin and had met for their first and only time at the Bridge, enjoying a meal of sea-food.

He stepped up to Miach and offered his hand.
    "Thank you, for letting me know." he said to the man in a hushed, respectful tone.

2 success on perception at -1
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-04-07 16:10:58 Bishop rolls 5 to supernal perception (Wits 3 + Composure 3 - 1) (10 Again) 9, 1, 8, 6, 6 2 successes
    Health: [][][][][][][] | Willpower: ●●●OO | Basic Mana: 6/11 |
    „Spoken.“ | Thought | Done
    War is worse than Hell - in Hell, there are no innocent bystanders...

5. Likes Matamune liked this post
    k
    kimura

Kiko's arrival was entirely different than her usual lively self. Dressed in a five-crested plain black silk kimono, black obi and black accessories worn over white undergarments, black zori sandals and white tabi split-toe socks carrying a traditional umbrella. Her long hair up in a very simple bun pinned in which made her seem even more youthful than it even seemed possible.

There was a reason for Death in her soul, for without Death there could not Life. A simple understanding of a cycle for such a simple seeming Wise as she.

Once she arrived she bowed slightly to the gathered, as the rain didn't help her emotions at all, it seemed she'd been crying for perhaps hours before hand.

"Thank You for inviting me.. I.." she shook her head and took a deep breath. While this may be something rather seemingly normal for most people.. most people are not Shamans either..

Following behind Kiko another Mystagogue entered the gathering. Orpheus never liked the concept of death, then again, not a whole lot of people did. He didn't understand it any more than the next guy, and he really didn't feel like asking someone on the Leaden path about it either. For something to be permanently gone, the Obrimos hated that. The Awakened were ones with the power to create, death only reminded them that it wasn't going to last forever, death reminded them that what they had existed only to be taken away for no discernable reason.

Compared to his Cabalmate beside him, Orpheus seems cold. Dressed in funeral attire, definitely rented. Naught but a thin line to his mouth to give evidence to his emotions. I should've been there. The thought had been repeating itself for some time now. He would've been able to do something, surely. There had to have been some way everyone could've walked out alive, scathed maybe but alive. What could I have done? the question (God damn him for that bloody name.) always followed the thought. Logic lead to it's reasonable conclusion and Orpheus hated it for it.

To the others in attendence, Orpheus simply nods.

Idun

PRE

Casted at Home
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-04-07 23:34:07 Idun rolls 5 to Organic Resilience: Gnosis + Life + HS - 1 (10 Again) 10, 10, 3, 5, 7, 5, 8 3 successes
    2014-04-07 23:33:39 Idun rolls 6 to Organic Resilience: Gnosis + Life + HS (10 Again) 4, 4, 1, 3, 4, 6 failure

Idun's hair is the same colors as it was for Reverb's BBQ only the back part done up in a french braid. She's wearing her usual funeral dress with matching purse. Her cell phone is on mute. She would have went with runners but decided on the dress heels, although she has her runners in her car.

Mr Rossi might not have been a close friend but he was someone who offered her friendship and that means something to her. She nods to those familiar faces in greeting while keeping a neutral expression on her face. She walks up to Miach, asking, "How are you?"

Miach

PRE

I'm not moving the Scene forward yet in case there would be more people interested in joining. I will be doing so tomorrow, though.

Slowly, friends started trickling in, and Miach greeted each in turn, with either a bow, a handshake, or a kiss. It was a bittersweet feeling to see people coming in, and his throat was aching, his eyes burning. Those people were a testimony that he was alive, as much as they were a reminder of what The Question had been ready to give up for him.

No matter how much Miach was accustomed to death - he was an ER doctor, after all - the loss of someone you personally knew was always special. In his case, it was even worse, and he took it very much at heart to uphold the Italian willworker's memory. And so, when his Cabalmate inquired about his state, he took her hand and grasped it firmly as he replied truthfully. "Holding by a thread. But I'm alive. I'll heal." Did he need to point out how different it was for the dead Moros ?

k
    kimura

She looked at her Brother [ Orpheus , Cryotic ] and offered a reserved smile and a bow of the head as she stood a little closer to Maich letting the Thorned Healer leach whatever was inside Kiko's soul that keep her sane and cheery, Heaven knew he needed it more than she did at the moment, it was his idea after all, and that to her spoke volumes of his integrity.

Turning her gaze up to Maich she gave him that somewhat reserved smile of her's "I meditated and thought of what to say when I came but words in and of themselves would seem a poor choice given as I sadly did not have the privilege of knowing him but for a few moments but instead of a simple statement it seems my heart has decided to make it's voice known in song.." as she looked around at the gathered "If there are no objections?"

A solemn, lone figure approached the gathering hidden beneath an umbrella. She might have just materialized, behind a bus, or a passing car, but one can never be too sure. Needless to say Avalon appears without her parti-colored skirts or brightly colored anything, though the jewelry and feathers remain in abundance. The Hierarch's movements were airy, near weightless, perfectly at home with the rain and the outdoors. But, her gaze was sharp as she looked over the converged group of Magi and their trusted Sleepwalkers.

Projecting an aura of calm comfort, she touches Miach on the shoulder, then moves away to greet everyone else with silent nods and simple “Hello”s.

Question was, after all, one of the people she was charged to lead. In times like these, leadership was quite the burden.

If you have Mage Sight up you need to roll Perception-1 to have your unseen senses trigger.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread