Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Caged at the Fleshmarket

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Inside the cage, Terri stirred from another terrible dream although once again, she had had a difficult time in recalling it. If she was a more academically minded Changeling, she may have known why. But she wasn't and in truth, it didn't really matter. The waking world was far worse.

She'd fallen asleep on the pile of rags in the corner of the cage, the remains of her clothes providing very little warmth. In the other corner was the bucket and it had begun to smell, no-one emptying it for the Beast. Terri should be glad that they'd at least provided such a luxury for her.

A bowl of...something had been passed through the bars and left right next to the bucket. Terri's stomach grumbled and as much as she loathed to, she scampered over to the bowl and began to spoon the gruel into her mouth using her fingers, some of which got stuck in the ends of her once vibrant red hair. As she ate, her eyes darted once again to her surroundings as she wondered if today would be the day someone actually spoke to her.
    CyledyrWyllt
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Although the beast had previously mistaken the occasional gurgling grunt for rudimentary attempts at communication, Terri has come to accept that her shambling, dead-eyed caretakers are nothing more than mindless automatons of flesh. She might even start to wonder how long she has before she joins the ranks of the zombie-like Fleshmarket thralls that have been bringing her bowls of watery gruel. She could possibly even start to actually look forward to the impending slave auction as an almost welcome release from the mind-numbing tedium of her cage. However, when the time finally arrives, and the thralls lift her cage onto the auction block, Terri finds that her stimulus-deprived senses are utterly overwhelmed by the sights, sounds, noises... and most notably, the smells of the crowd that has gathered to poke and prod at her as they haggle with Gentleman Johnny, the vile privateer who captured her and has now put her on display.

"Captured in the far off wilds of Outer Erehwon, the exotic creature before you was fleeing the wrath of the Exquisite Horror of Fire and Scales when we stumbled upon it. Not only would this nut-gathering novelty make quite the conversation piece, but it can also be trained as a most biddable servant for any den or warren. However, be you not deceived by its current appearance. Lo, for beneath the current layers of bile, grime, and viscera which presently cover its velvety pelt, there courses the eldritch pulse of Noble Blood. Once sought after by one of the Great Old Ones, themselves... I am loathe to part with this rare specimen. Alas, due to our current economic downturn, I could be persuaded to deprive myself of this treasure for an enticing offer of commensurate value. May I hear the opening bids for this precious jewel of the hedge?"

Gentleman Johnny sniffs as he politely declines the first offers for the squirrel woman and attempts to provide more appropriate suggestions for what he might accept as inspiration for the next round of bids. Terri notices the other members of his crew are scattered throughout the crowd and appear to be submitting bids of their own. No doubt, they are strategically placed near potential buyers in order to artificially drive up her price. If the beast catches sight of Freddie Fingers' despicable leer, she probably hopes his bids are indeed only for show. As the legitimate bidding reaches its height and Terri's future appears to be balancing somewhere between being sold to either the monstrous, six-armed hobgoblin Chieftain of the Shrieking Plains or a misshapen lump of a creature that is mostly covered by a tattered, bloodstained sheet with a hole cut out for one of it's mucous-filled eyes. Just as her fate seems about to be well and duly sealed, a hush falls over the crowd and even Gentleman Johnny stops his fervent bargaining.

"Does it have a name? What do you call it?"

A luminous woman makes her way through the throng of strange creatures, which withdraw from her like shadows from a candle flame. Her iridescent skin looks almost like polished mother of pearl that radiates its own ethereal glow. Clad in an elaborate costume of equal parts tanned leather, delicate lace, and twisted wire filigree, the striking woman's outfit looks like a cross between a haute couture princess and a post modern dominatrix. Stopping in front of Terri's cage, she peers in and the beast gets a very close look at her white, opalescent eyes. Once she is finished examining the merchandise, the woman faces Gentleman Johnny and Terri can see a single bead of sweat travel its way down the privateer's face in one long, sinuous line. For the first time since Terri has endured his presence, Gentleman Johnny appears to be at a complete loss for words. He sputters and makes inarticulate noises as the woman stares at him impatiently.

3. Likes Cayce, Sirith, Forn Clakes, Lesingnon liked this post
    Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

As her cage was being transported to the auction block, Terri felt her heart rate increase, the natural fight or flight instinct begin to kick in through her petite form as adrenaline flooded her muscles. In truth, she wasn't that confident she would survive another mad dash through the Hedge, and without her slingshot, she was about as capable in a scuffle as a wet leaf.

Instead, she would have to bide her time, and wait for the perfect opportunity.

As the auction was underway, Terri stood as tall as she could and watched quietly with some fear as the offers came pouring in. Deep down, part of her was quite pleased that she was such a high-price commodity, but then if she was sold, she would become nothing more than a slave.

And she would rather die than become the plaything of another ever again.

Then the luminous woman made her way through the gathered throng and the Beast couldn't take her eyes off her. She was beautifully dangerous, a natural edge to her glorious nature that seemed to remind Terri of someone...But the name escaped her.

Her own didn't however.

"Terri," the Steepscrambler replied, not breaking eye contact with the woman's opalescent eyes.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)

Gentleman Johnny slams the butt of his riding crop against the bars of Terri's cage when she speaks up.

"I apologize for it's impertinence, my lady. It has an unfortunate habit of speaking to its betters as if they were its equals. It supposedly was once known as Terri Nutkins and styled itself as the Queen of Autumn. Ridiculous, I know... but, it would probably be best to dispense with the delusional creature as soon as possible before it decides to offend our ears again."

The corners of the woman's mouth twitch ever so slightly as Gentleman Johnny speaks.

"How extraordinary. What a curiously mad little creature. Please continue with your business."

Stepping down once more into the crowd of cowering, unwashed masses, the woman looks as if she is prepared to leave. Gentleman Johnny lets out a relieved sigh before he notices that the luminous woman turns at the last moment and lifts a finger in the air.

"I will bid the tongue of an honest man and the heart of a green-eyed monster in exchange for the Nutkins creature."

The formerly eager bidders all remain silent as Gentleman Johnny quietly sweats.

6. Likes Matamune, Forn Clakes, TheMalkCat, Sirith liked this post
    Description

PRE

Recoiling back from the impact, Terri glares at Gentleman Johnny with nothing but pure hatred, wishing she was able to drain the horrible little fuck of all his precious water and leave him nothing but a dehydrated skinbag. But then, where would that leave her?

Still in the cage, still in this predicament.

Turning her eyes back to the radiant woman, Terri tries not to feel despondent as she appears to leave...

Then the finger is raised and the bid entered....

Terri glances from the woman towards Gentleman Johnny, wondering if this was finally it.

"But... but... but... my lady..."

As Gentleman Johnny sputters, those in the crowd remain silent, but give each other significant looks if they think the lustrous woman is not looking in their direction. Those who had been feverishly bidding rather fantastic sums on Terri just a moment before remained curiously silent in the face of this mysterious woman's oddly small bid. The sweat from Gentleman Johnny's brow and underarms begins to make dark stains on his clothing as his fear battles against his greed.

"Lady Salome, that is indeed a most generous bid, but I am afraid that these gentle creatures have already bid relics of slightly higher value..."

Gesturing toward the chieftain and the thing under the sheet, Johnny realizes too late that both have already started to disengage themselves from this new bidding war and have started to back away as they make nonverbal signs of surrender and appeasement. Salome glances at both creatures before briefly scanning the crowd which had begun to murmur in low voices. Meeting Gentleman Johnny's eyes, she spits in her hand and offers it to him.

"In that case, I shall also owe you a small favor. Will that suffice?"

Relief and excitement flood Gentleman Johnny's face as he spits in his own hand eagerly shakes the offered hand.

"Sold! The merchandise is yours. Thank you ladies and gentlemen, that will conclude today's business."

After barking orders at two thralls, Johnny places a key in Salome's hand and turns to bid farewell to Terri.

"I do hope you enjoyed our time together my dear. Please try not to miss me too much."

9. Likes Forn Clakes, Cayce, Matamune liked this post
    Description

PRE

"Like a bullet in the head," Terri replies dryly, pretending to cock a gun with her finger and thumb, and placing it against her temple. Watching the horrible little man with pure hatred, she one day hoped to come across him again when she was up to full strength.

Lowering her hand, the Beast looked back to...her owner?

That is, if she was ever going to be up to full strength again.

Gentleman Johnny leans into the bars of Terri's cage and the beast can smell the odious privateer's cheap whiskey-scented breath one last time as he speaks to her, sotto voce.

"Heh. You'll wish I'd put a bullet in your brainpan before she's finished with you. Enjoy your new life as her little meat doll."

Smiling with genuine pleasure, Gentleman Johnny showcases his black, veinous gums and yellow, greasy teeth one last time before bowing obsequiously to Salome and finally taking his leave.

"My Lady..."

After Johnny disappears into the crowd, Salome takes a long, deep breath and lets it out in a huff. Waving the rust-laden key lazily in front of Terri's eyes, the iridescent woman raises an eyebrow as she speaks to her slave.

"You are mine, now. I shall warn you just this once that I find disobedience quite tiresome. Therefore, you will find it to be in your best interest not to try my patience and to do what you are told swiftly and without complaint. Otherwise..."

Turning her pearlescent eyes toward the shambling market thrall that unlocks the beast's cage and opens it, Salome gazes at the mindless husk of flesh in silence as the obvious threat hangs in the air between her and Terri.

"In the meantime, you will present yourself to my majordomo, who will bathe you and do his utmost to make you... somewhat presentable. Only then will you be allowed to set foot in my pavilion and wait upon my pleasure."

Turning away from Terri, the mysterious woman proceeds to glide through the throng of market goers, which scatters before her like a herd of gazelles before a lioness. As the luminous lady walks farther away from her, the squirrely beast can feel the heavy slave's collar around her neck begin to constrict her throat. During the long journey through the hedge, Gentleman Johnny had told Terri that the accursed metal collar and it's key had both long ago been forged from the remnants of a particularly vengeful fetch. In addition to draining Glamour from her, he promised that it would also choke the very life out of her if she ever tried to run away from him.

12. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post
    Description

PRE

Terri remained silent as she was spoken to by Salome, not daring to answer back so soon in the...relationship. Because even though Salome addressed her as a slave, Terri would never bow down to another again. The moment the time was right, she would be away from this place, with the power of her Wyrd to guide her.

As Salome left her alone, the Beast felt the collar at her neck again, causing some small discomfort from where it had been rubbing these past few days and nights. She watched the vanishing woman as she glided away, noting how the others around made room for her.

Once, they would have made room for me, Terri thought proudly, and with some measure of shame in the same instance. She had once been a powerful person. Now, it seemed she was nothing but a slave again.

Terri turned to the mindless husk, some disgust on her features.

"Where's the majordomo?" she asked it, wondering just how mindless it was.

The market thrall does not appear to notice her in the least as it turns away after opening her cage and shambles toward its next appointed task. However, Terri does notice that the collar is more than just uncomfortable. In fact, the greater distance Salome puts between them as she walks away from the beast, the more the metal encircling the former Autumn Queen's neck seems to dig into her throat. Perhaps there is a connection...

15. Likes West liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread