Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Good evening!"

Asa smiled brightly at the tiny Mekhet. If there was a disturbance in Court, nothing in his demeanor suggested he was concerned about it. A hand swept down her uniform, and he smiled.

"How... retro."
    Given Martha's ( Chrisie ) recent attire, he wondered if the change signified anything.

Moving beside her, to face the outbreak of activity with Roderick at it's center, he gestured towards them.

"I wanted to mention, since this evening's entertainment has begun early, that a Daeva named Anabella Prieto is also on the list. She had her Acknowledgment revoked and may be presenting herself to you or I to have it reinstated. I was given the impression that she didn't recognize my name. I, of course, have complete faith in you that she was informed of such during her original Acknowledgment. I thought we might assist her with her memory issues by having her announce every noteworthy member of the Domain at the next Court."
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Anabella simply nods to the Priscus' words as she listen carefully. She silently mouths the word Majesty several times, nodding and looking around as she seems entirely anxious at the conversation, and finally replies, "Of course, Priscus."

Beginning the walk with a hasty jerk, she willfully checks her pace to assure that she doesn't outpace Velma - redundantly, awkwardly so. Because the other methods of problem solving with which she was familiar... well, she'd cut and run before, so to speak, and it never seemed to work out so well did it?

But scattered self-doubt was shut away as she repeated her planned speech in her mind as many times as she could, before closing much of the distance to Asa Clarke and Martha, with her gaze away for fear that the wrong moment of eye contact would sour the whole affair. Her feet stop well out of the range of a lunge, for she would make no mistake so careless as to appear threatening - she knew that rule beforehand. Simply, with as much decorum as she could slip out, she pronounces, "Your Majesty, I offer my unconditional desire for repentance."

And the gesture her body made was no simple nod, no, the short Daeva loses all but the barest minimum of her height as her face moves straight down to the floor, and anyone listening closely enough might even hear the slightest sound of gentle contact. And whether for fear that failure will end her in this moment, or for the sake of theatrics, the artiste leaves her supplication to linger. She'd wait until permission was given to rise.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiled and giggled merrily as Asa mentioned her uniform. She nodded happily as he spoke and, when he made things clearer to her about Ana' faux pas she frowned...the frown matching the school-ma'am look...peering sternly over her spectacles at Ana in a disapproving glare. Nodding sagely as Asa outlined the penalty and the likely rehabilitation is aimed at.

Martha nodded to acknowledge Asa's faith in her own ability.

"Yes, Majesty...I understand. I stand, always ready, to help with whatever remedial and rehabilitative action is required!" she smiled to Asa and Anabella. Her words ringing with confidence in a positive outcome.

She took the chance to sneak a glance to examine Ana' legs and shoes...but saw only the length of her gown...it was then that Velma's legs and shoes got Martha, perhaps not so subtle, attention...

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

4. Likes Forn Clakes, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Speak of the Daeva," Asa murmured to Martha as @Anabella Prieto and @Velma Star approached.

Clever.

One of them, or both, had a wonderful sense of timing. With the other goings-on, it had the effect of dividing his attention as well as underscoring that others made mistakes as well. Or maybe it was just dumb luck. He doubted it, though, and had half a mind to make them wait -- a subtle way of saying I see what you did there.

He was also fairly sure he'd asked for a degree of courtesy -- not abject supplication. Well, one could hardly blame her. After the initial display, he turned his attention fully to Velma.

"Priscus Star!"
    he welcomed Velma with a smile. "What a pleasure!"

I'm sure.

The two words didn't need saying out loud​. The smile was subtly conspiratorial, as if they were sharing a joke or playing a game.

Which, they were about to.

"Priscus, as I'm sure you're aware, you do have the authority as Priscus of Clan Daeva to Acknowledge any of your own on a temporary basis,"
    he continued, gesturing to Anabella. "As we are currently attending Court, that would mean she would be wholly your responsibility until the next official Court."

"Priscus Star, would you be willing to Acknowledge Miss Prieto under your personal recognizance?"
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Presence: Bewitching ●●●●●
    Striking Looks: Tempting ●●●●
    Distinct Voice: Honeyed ●●●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Step after step Velma approaches Martha and Asa, almost absent mindedly the Daeva turns her head, body, legs and hells to admire the scene unfolding elsewhere with the Reeve, Dog, Culler and a lot of other martially inclined folks.

Of course her attention was then back to the leader of the Domain and his Seneschal, there was also an almost imperceptible raise of an eyebrow when Anabella decided to put on her show… maybe she should rethink her approach to the young Daeva.

When she hears the words spoken by Asa the Daeva can only dip her head to hide her grin… was it too wrong for a Priscus to show a grin for something stupid one of her clan mates did?
    If it was Velma’s only attempt to hide it was when she dipped her head gently to the Prince after he spoke and she replied:

“The pleasure is all mine, your Grace!” There is always reverence in her words but she also shares the same conspiratorial tone with Asa.

When the Prince mentions the possibility of Velma keeping Anabella under her guard there is a small moment for consideration. There was a lot at stake here… Anabella had been all except reliable in her behavior and that could reflect bad on her. Of course denying the Prince and Anabella would undermine her authority as Priscus which could only be worse. Of course there was also much to gain, having one of her own bound to her by acknowledgement meant she could also threaten to withdraw it…

”Your Grace, it is a distinction to serve my family in the capacity of Priscus, I would never fail one of our own by denying my responsibilities.”

There is a small pause, the Daeva’s eyes shift towards the shape of Anabella still kneeling on the floor.

”I acknowledge Miss Prieto under my personal recognizance.”
    Velma Star*
    STATUS CITY: Harpy ●●● | STATUS DAEVA: ● | STATUS INVICTUS: Lady ●●

7. Likes Princess, Wolven Pryde, West liked this post
    L
    Lobo Argost

Liara stepped up beside her mentor and curtsied to Asa. "Good evening, Your Grace. It is an honor to meet you." She had to carry herself like a student of the Grand Wyrm and Seneschal should. Making a good first impression was the first and most important step to making her way into his inner circle. After Asa acknowledged her greeting, she would greet Martha, Velma, and Ana. In that order. Rank meant priority.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Oh you might eventually deny those responsibilities after seeing just how dumb they can be.

Asa had kept half an eye on the disturbance in Court, and it gave him no pleasure to see two Lords at the center of it.

Well. I suppose I'm winning again, then.

"So it is then," Asa answered Velma with a satisfied smile. He considered it no small irony that he had aided one Priscus in a display of influence while his own Clan's had overstepped his. "The Herald might have some suggestions for your new charge for her next Court," he added.

Aside from 'suggestions' not really being suggestions at all, it would also give Martha ( Chrisie ) the opportunity to express her personal displeasure at the neonate ignoring her original Acknowledgment.

Asa gave the newcomer a curious look. The Prince, The Herald, the Daeva Priscus, and a neonate bent in supplication: not just the beginning of a bad joke, but not a 'conversation' he personally would have considered casual enough to intrude upon.

"I'm sure,"
    he answered Liara Shepard dryly.

The two words served perfectly to close the matter of Anabella Prieto as well as subtly rebuke the newcomer. Asa turned his attention back to Velma Star , who shone brightest among the Daeva thus far.

"Priscus Star, would you accompany me? I'd like to introduce you to someone."

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Presence: Bewitching ●●●●●
    Striking Looks: Tempting ●●●●
    Distinct Voice: Honeyed ●●●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Velma looks over briefly her shoulder when she notices Liara is around as well. This was supposed to be fast and precise, why could none of her cousins discern that?

Still this was not the time for a rebuke, far from it. A show of unity.

“Miss Shepard.” The tone of the Ravager’s voice was neutral.
    As she looked to Liara her eyes pointed to Anabella as if making sure Liara understood what was really going on.

After being asked by Asa to accompany him Velma closes in.

maybe someone who can help me with phase 2…

When Martha acknowledges her, Velma nods respectfully to. ”Herald.” There was hint of a friendly smile in her lips as well. It had been a while since she had spoken with Martha. She needed to change that.

But not now, now she had someone to meet…
    Velma Star*
    STATUS CITY: Harpy ●●● | STATUS DAEVA: ● | STATUS INVICTUS: Lady ●●

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa & Velma exit to continue here...

Closed Thread