Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
2014 Spring Orgy - Garden of Stolen Delights

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
    C
    Casitive

Like the painting, the Rose Garden has been transformed. Spring's new growth, tender grasses, and greens were on full display and more. Roses were in profusion, the colors of spring and heady scent on full display. The scent and sound of water, tumbled end over end intermingling with the damp, wet smell of growing grass and spring forests.

The whole of the restaurant has been transformed even further. Lights were low, soft, and lending a sense of an otherworldly quality. Winding paths have been constructed of potted plants and topiary and are complete with dead-ends for a little privacy while indulgences took place. Low hanging veils sway and sigh here and there lazily occluding spaces in between and beckoning others closer.

It is an overwhelming feast for the senses.

The tree that is the center of the Restaurant is the crown jewel of this garden.

There, there is food and drink of all sorts and manner. Spirits were never so aptly named as the spirits that are on display for tasting. Exotic concoctions made from hedge-fruit and other fantastical offerings have been distilled into a pure, inebriating liquid of many colors. The harmonious scent of carefully coordinated culinary achievements promise the hungry they need be no longer.

Of course, there is music and dancing. Mash-ups of classical, pop, and electronic-tribal pumped through the speakers all trying to make the blood move quicker, the heart beat faster, and the breath of their audience to come forth with greater heat.

Everything seemed to be permitted, even if the truth and lies of the world were still being debated. The answer to any question didn't seem to matter other than an invitation to self-gratification.

B
    Bean

Bubba is standing just inside the door fidgeting with a plant near him. He is quite happy with how things turned out and, even though he didn't do much planning, there was definitely work put into the setup. He grinned as he looked at it. He felt a tingle in his stomach as he was nervous. I hope the rest get here soon... He continued fidgeting with the plant by the door.

He was dressed up a bit today, wearing a bright pink bottomed shirt and an off-white jacket over it, with pants to match. He had gotten the cheap-looking suit at a thrift store not too long ago (which was miraculously his size) and had been nothing but excited to wear it for this occasion. Bubba was standing by the door in order to welcome people, because he wasn't sure what else to do. When they come I'll just shake their hand and make them feel welcomed. Remember, point them to the food and then the sex. That's important I think.

C
    Casitive

Aaren glided through the lazily meandering aisles as though made of air. Her midi-length dress carried that airy-feeling, layers of diaphanous fabric fluttered around around her. The delicate flowers that blossomed from the print danced in the Fairest's movements. Already, Aaren held a small drink of liquor that seemed to almost glow beneath the otherworldly light of the Rose Garden.

Finding Bubba at the entry, Aaren smiled warmly and nodded to him. “You look great Bubba!” The fairest said in a voice that seemed touched by golden honey. Even more so with the timbre of her voice, pitched just so. The truth of that, was more likely than one thinks. “Relax and Celebrate that you are here and not there. The world is a wondrous place.

It was why they were here after all. Why the indulged so much and chased after the stars. Because they were here and not there. The court wasn't about the stereotypes the other courts had. It was about doing because you could, for yourself, and not for them.

That understanding was freeing, liberating, and joyous.

SoDA - 1 Success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-03-28 17:59:12 Aaren Eloi rolls 7 to Songs of Distant Arcadia (Wyrd + Exp + SL +1 Fancy Dress) (10 Again) 10, 6, 2, 2, 6, 4, 5, 1 1 success

-1G Heavenly Articulation, -2G SoDA

A fresh breeze laden with the Verdant Queen's signature scent billows the diaphanous hangings as Violet Leblanc enters the Garden of Stolen Delights. Her stunning hedgespun dress looks as if freshly picked blossoms have been sewn together with shimmering raindrops and intimate whispers. She extends an elegant hand to the large man at the door as she smiles coquettishly.

"Mon dieu, everything looks... simply delightful. I don't believe we've had the pleasure. I'm Violet. You're new to the freehold are you not? I hope you are finding my city to your liking."

Almost as an afterthought, the Spring Queen spares a quick glance for her fellow fairest, mid eyelash flutter.

"Hello, Aaren. Love your dress."

B
    Bean

He was happy that someone finally came when Aaron arrived (even though she was probably early). He grinned excitedly at her compliment, feeling particularly proud that it had come from her. His grin took motion as he nodded with her statement showing nothing but agreement. Even though he knew that she knew where it was, he showed her the direction to the food.

Bubba thought that Aaron was completely gorgeous but Violet was on a whole other level. When she walked in, he just blanked, the smile wiped off his face in amazement. Slowly, unsure of himself, he gently grabbed her offered hand and moved it up and down in awe. He started to come back to his senses enough to have the self-awareness to close his mouth and nod to her questions. He almost forgot to let go of her hand before gulping and hesitantly showing her where the food was as well.

L

She was missing, or worse. He tried not to worry about how the worse part too much. It gnawed at him, immensely. She hadn't chosen to leave, he knew, despite how often he'd seen people come and go during his time in Sacramento. No, too many of her things had been left in the abandoned hollow. For whatever reason she'd been unable to return to it.

The fear as to why that was the case overrode any nervousness he'd once had about how his return would be received, after so long away.

So the first thing he'd done was to go to the place that had long been the center of the Freehold to see if he could figure out what had happened to her. Seeing the ruins of what once had been the Four Seasons did little to put his mind at ease.

But he had managed to notice one of the old Freehold message boards he knew about. Normally he wouldn't have given much thought to this event, given the circumstances. But he recognized the address of what had once been Treetop Fashions instantly.

So here he was, having managed to to find enough of his clothes packed away in in a corner of the tree house too at least dress appropriately. Not that he was particularly fond of suits, but...he wanted layers here. Though he had neglected to wear a tie, leaving the dark red shirt underneath open at the collar. It was much more comfortable that way. The feather-shaped cufflinks at his wrists were a reminder of her. As was the golden band around his left ring finger.

The mantle that swept into the restaurant in Rick's wake was as powerful as Violet's own. His eyes swept across the interior of the building itself as he walked in, noting the sharp conquest between what the place as like now and how it had once been. And though he may have been forewarned it was still jarring to see this as a place of Spring, as opposed to Autumn.

Taking in he decor, however, only took him a moment or two. Then he turned towards the three springs clustered at the entrance, and found himself taken aback for an additional moment or two. The man was enormous, the golden Changeling beautiful, but the Flowering Fairest even moreso. Alice had been gorgeous, but this woman seemed to effortlessly eclipse even her.

Thankfully he managed to avoid staring.

And to keep his composure. "Hello," and here, he supposed, was where he found out how his name was remembered around here, if at all. One hand is held out, a silent offer of a handshake, "I'm Rick Pereg."

Violet's dainty fingers graze Bubba's muscular arm after he releases them and she leans in just a bit before turning to the new arrival.

"Do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything you need."

The Emerald Queen feels Rick enter the garden before she sees him. Turning to welcome the unfamiliar elemental, she displays a dazzling smile as she extends her hand.

"So glad to make your acquaintance Monsieur Pereg. Welcome to the Garden of Delights. I am Violet. May I call you Rick?"

It's undeniable that Violet's voice has a charming lilt when she says Rick. It might even remind him a bit of Ingrid Bergman from Casablanca.

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Heat, slowly scorching the air around him.

Huntress was glad she came to Sacramento just in time to greet Spring. She didn't have much of contact with other Courtiers lately and Spring wouldn't be flattered if she was greeted by someone lonely. The Season of Antler Crown was moody, wild season, greedy for attention and passion. it demanded a party.

The Fairest didn't think much when she saw the sign for the party. Not much more than 'What a nice coincidence.'

When she arrives at the place, she takes a breath. It is nice, surely. The Rose Garden was made into a Paradise... Everything is just dancing at the fine line just before drowning the senses so they weren't made blind, but still a bit overwhelming. Yes, Huntress can see it is a place for Spring, indeed. Even flowers of her Court bloom proudly, as she can see and feel from their Mantles... With two Mantles strong as the Seasons themselves, even if one of them is cold, strong wind of Autumn. So those two are important Courtiers, maybe even Sovereigns... Wait, isn't the woman that one jazz singer? I remember someone telling me about her...

Her own clothing and looks are definitely lacking in comparison to beautiful and glamorous Lost. Wild hair, red tank top with subtle, only a shade darker tribal design, black jeans and running shoes, a lot of leather and bead bracelets and fang necklace. simple leather rucksack on her back. Still, she's bearing her head high. It's intolerable for someone of Spring to shy away.

"Hello, I hope I'm not late for anything. I'm Ahawi Kite, but some call me Huntress. Is it not open and do we have to stand at the door?"

C
    Casitive

Fluidly curtsying to the Spring Sovereign was as easy to do as breathing for the gilded Fairest. Eyes were lowered for the briefest periods, the motion borne from a memory buried deep within. “Your majesty,” Aaren offered deferentially her golden hued voice dancing over the words. As she rose, the Gandharva gestured to Bubba, “May I introduce Bubba?

Touching her throat could have been Aaren simply touching her throat... or it could have been a silent signal to the Queen about Bubba's affliction.

The strength of the Autumnal Mantle that arrived was undeniable and unmistakable. Deferring to the Queen as she introduced herself, Aaren only added, “Mr. Pereg.” Though her attention slid towards Huntress' arrival “It is certainly open, welcome Huntress. I'm Aaren,” introducing herself first. “Bubba,” a gesture to the large ogre with a larger heart, and “Her Grace, Violet LeBlanc Verdant Queen.

Always save the best of them for last.

I can show you the food? I should refresh my drink, myself.

L

Well, at least he hadn't become a cautionary tale.

Spring Queen, though. That was, well, surprising probably wasn't quite the right word. Violet's beauty was breathtaking, her mantle as strong as his own, all other things equal he might well have assumed that she wore the Antler Crown. The layout of this place just reminded him of Fresh Tastes, though. He'd kind of assumed that Mrs. Rosemary was still around, bearing the crown. Another reminder of how much things had changed, he supposed.

It does make him wonder, for a second, if he perhaps should have been a bit more formal. But she'd neglected her title when introducing herself, mentioning only her name. And asked if she could simply refer to him by his first name. Apparently she was a sovereign that didn't stand on ceremony. That thought did bring a small smile to his face. He always preferred it that way, and had been much the same himself.

"Not at all. I'd prefer it, actually." The way she says his name, the smile, it's almost enough to tempt him to do something cliched like kiss the back of her offered hand. Almost, the ring on his finger does do wonders to keep his mind from dwelling overmuch on such thoughts. So he simply went for the polite handshake.

"I hadn't realized I was already in the presence of royalty." There's a hint of appology in there for not greeting her as one normally would a monarch, maybe. It was intended...but he was an Elemental, and not all that talented at conveying such subtleties via tone. "It is certainly nice to meet you all, though. And..." he considers the Aaren's offer for a few moments, "I don't think I'm hungry quite yet. But thank you for the offer."

Was it too soon to ask the Changelings he barely knew if they knew what had happened to this place's previous owner? Probably, unfortunately.

And, huh, of the five people here now he really was the only non-Spring.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.