Ended
Watch
71 - 79
DISPLAYED
Damage Control

Page 8 of 8 First ... 4 5 6 7 8
    W
    WakingDream

Impulse nods, fatigue making his eyelids heavier than usual and also stands up from the table. He calls out a thanks as Ixidor leaves and prepares to follow.

He pauses for a moment as he remembers something, walks over to Kiko and takes her hand, and-- if she lets him-- kisses it gently. "I'll call you soon." He says, a smile on his tired lips.

A moment later, If not stopped, The young Syndic is out the door.

Impulse leaves the scene.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Two nods indicate Ariadne's agreement with Leo and Ixidor. Azure leaving had drawn a small frown from Ariadne but it happens.

"Kite ( DaveJ ) I am sure that we could argue until the sun decides to stop shining. Lets agree to disagree for the moment and get the city settled. Then we can argue until the world ends?" The Epopt nods to her two fellow Unbound as they make their way out.

“Wait.” Kite held up his hand, looking equally as perplexed as he seemed exasperated. “Before I ‘agree to disagree’, I have a question I would like to ask, because I am thoroughly confused here.”

The elder libertine straightened up in his chair before folding both hands in front of him on the table. He might have looked prepared to address a formal meeting, except for his furrowed brow, a clear tell as to his state of mind. “This issue – this scenario I presented – this isn’t simply an academic exercise, at least not for me” he explained. “I personally was put in this position shortly after I arrived in Sacramento over two years ago. Triquetra, who was then the Thyrsus Councilor, let stand an accusation that I had scrutinized her in the middle of the Thyrsus meeting... which I had supposedly done in front of Animus, who was then Hierarch, and several others.” Kite’s expression twisted into a severe frown, almost a scowl, as he relived the painful memory. “It was a lie, pure and simple. Triquetra knew I hadn’t scrutinized her, but allowed the accusation to stand. I still remember her calling out to me as I walked away… ‘Think carefully before insulting my judgment again!’ Kite paused for a moment after recounting the memory, closing his eyes briefly and taking a deep breath before continuing. “In the end, I had to go so far as to have a Mastigos by the name of Ahriman look into my memories to prove that the accusation was blatantly false… but before then, for over 6 months, I was stripped of all Consilium protections, and at a time in which I was new and especially vulnerable.”

“My goal here,” the syndic continued after ruefully shaking his head, “is to give newer willworkers some route of appeal if something like that happens again. I had virtually no option for appeal – and if there wasn’t a Mastigos available whom Animus had trusted, I would have had no options for appeal. I don’t want to see something like that happen to anyone else.”

Kite started to lean forward in his chair onto the table, raising a finger or two as he made points, passionately presenting his case to everyone who was still present. “So, why is it that virtually everyone here is so readily dismissing my experience and concerns in this matter? Why does everyone here seem so eager to reestablish a system in place that has a documented history of abuse, without any safeguards to prevent that abuse from happening again?”

4. Likes Teeramus liked this post

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

"I did not know it went to that extent Kite. I had no intention of insulting you personally." Ariadne says after a moment of thought.

"I understand your concern now. Would Order heads serve better in this regard? I am hesitant to place the power to possibly disrupt Consilium in the hands of a person who supposedly has no aspirations."

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Leo stopped himself from groaning over Kite's 'exercise'. Barely.

"No one is eager to change the system except Azure." The Theurgist started with a look to Kite. "And if I recall correctly anyone can appeal the issue to the other Counselors to have the judgement revoked or the Counselor dealt with. There are methods for dealing with this corruption, and their power is limited by a few things." The Arrow shrugs. "You should look into some of the checks on them. Your Order or Path head should have given you the proper references, or you could have asked a Herald or other member of the Concilium."

He takes a sip of his water. He didn't stand, mostly in case Kite wanted to ask questions, which Leo knew he did.

"Leo, that wasn't the situation I was in" Kite turned a frown towards his friend. "But yes, if a Thyrsus could go to the Mastigos or Obrimos Councilor and ask them to review the decision by the Thyrsus Councilor, that could work too. However, that would have to be made clear in the bylaws; a new willworker can easily assume that other councilors will not hear his plea by virtue of their path differences."

Kite took in a deep breath and sighed, seemingly releasing some of the tension that had built up within him as he did so. He then turned towards Ariadne, his expression substantially softer than it was before. “Order Councilors are acceptable, but my objection doesn’t go quite as far as you seem to think.” Kite’s tone seemed to abruptly change with the Epopt’s, becoming substantially more accommodating. “As I just indicated, my objection primarily lies in implementing a system where a person in authority – a Councilor or Provost – can issue a sanction against other Consilium members without any sort of appeal process.”

“That’s the reason why I naturally gravitate towards the Cabal system...” he continued to explain, his tone and demeanor much softer and less harsh than before. “...but I am not attached to it. As long as there is some sort of appeal process for faulty decisions – some sort of ‘peer review’ process – I probably won’t have any severe objections…”

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

"This is something that should be brought up at a full meeting. I'm not opposed to anyone being able to approach any Councilor. We would be failing in our duties if we ignored most of the others in town." Ariadne looks between Kite and Leo as she speaks.

"I have no problem bringing this up at a full meeting" Kite nodded in assent. "We could brooch this topic there and hold a final vote on how to handle this issue."

End Scene?

+1
    SL
    PRE

End Scene. Good job everyone!
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

Page 8 of 8 First ... 4 5 6 7 8
Closed Thread