Ended
Watch
11 - 19
DISPLAYED
(1106) Summer Festival Contests

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    p
    panik

Backstage Abigail is warming up. She quietly breathes in and out with her eyes closed while, in her head, she runs through her lines once again. This is one of the monologues she knows by heart. It's always good to have at least two always memorized. Just in case.

When her turn comes to go she silently walks on stage. She’s careful not to look up from the ground until she’s at centre stage. Once there she takes a moment to slowly inhale.

“I always wanted to be in the movies.” Her eyes move up to meet those in front of her. The fairest sounds humble and most strikingly quite naive. “When I was little, I thought for sure that one day, I could be a big big star. Or maybe just beautiful.” She shyly smiles as she pauses for a second. “Beautiful and rich. Like the women on TV. Yeah, I had a lot of dreams. And I guess you could call me a real romantic 'cause I truly believed that one day, they'd come true. So I dreamed about it for hours.”

Her eyes now are focused on somewhere above those watching. As if, in that moment, she is lost in one of those fantasies. However the jolliness doesn’t last. Disappointment follows. “As the years went by, I learned to stop sharing this with people. They said I was dreaming, but back then, I believed it wholeheartedly. So whenever I was down, I would just escape into my mind, to my other life, where I was someone else.”

Her lips slightly tremble as she soundlessly breathes in. “It made me happy to think that all these people just didn't know yet who I was going to be. But one day, they'd all see. I heard that Marilyn Monroe was discovered in a soda shop and I thought for sure it could be like that. So I started going out real young and I was always secretly looking for who was going to discover me.”

At that moment she turns her eyes to her right as if someone was standing there. “Was it this guy? Or maybe this one. I never knew. But even if they couldn't take me all the way, like Marilyn, they would somehow believe in me just enough.” Her fists clench as her voice starts to trembles as she runs out of air at the end of the sentence.

“They would take me away to my new life ... and my new world ... where everything would be different. Yeah. I lived that way for a long long time. In my head, dreaming like that. It was nice. And one day, it just stopped.”

After few seconds she gracefully bows and exits the stage.

Pre+Exp

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Neil sat down at the piano after Rook, taking a moment to look out at the faces of the Freehold.

"O brother, where art thou?" he murmured, flexing his long fingers.

He was Dawn; light, hope, salvation. And so he played, for The Dark Knight that was Sam Barkley, who wasn't there.

Sam would have laughed.

Youtube

4 Successes

K
    Kazakin

Rook sidestepped the blow, ducking in and under. At the same time, he struck out sharply with his palm, pulling the strike to prevent it from splitting bone.

4 successes before defence

Tally Benoit

Merits:

Court Goodwill(Summer) •
    Eidetic Memory
    Fleet of Foot •••
    Hedgespun Wolf Whistle ••
    Fast Reflexes •

Health: [][][][][][][][]
    Clarity: •••••••
    Willpower: ••••••
    Glamour: 9/10

Beast Blessing:

8a when Animal Ken skill and spend Glamour to a die to dice pools involving Pre and Com.

Curse:

Suffer -4 to untrained Mental skills. No 10-again with Intelligence pools

Kith Blessing:

Tooth and Claw: Causes Lethal Damage instead of Bashing when fighting unarmed.

Freehold Commendation Benefits:

+ 1 to Clarity degeneration roll and + 1 to Brawl

PRE

Tally's current Health: [/][/][/][][][][][]

She coughs a bit before giving it another go.

Attacking

K
    Kazakin

Rook: [/][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] [ ]

Rook didn't dodge the second punch, and it impacted his solid, metal chest. He gave a little nod behind the sunglasses, and lashed out with his left hand, a pointed strike to the stomach again as he kindly decided it would be better not to work the ribs. He wasn't entirely sure why Tally had entered. He wasn't getting the impression the Hunterheart was much of a brawler.

5 successes before defence

Tally Benoit

Merits:

Court Goodwill(Summer) •
    Eidetic Memory
    Fleet of Foot •••
    Fast Reflexes •

Beast Blessing:

8a when Animal Ken skill and spend Glamour to a die to dice pools involving Pre and Com.

Curse:

Kith Blessing:

PRE

Tally: [/][/][/][/][/][/][/][]

"Ok, I give. I'm not much for close combat any way." Tally admits, while her body does ach from the beast she suffered, she did feel a sense of satisfaction over the fact she did manage to land a blow on Rook.

K
    Kazakin

Rook gave Tally a little nod, feeling rather unsatisfied. A couple of blows wasn't a fight. It was barely a scuffle. He might be a fairly quiet, amicable Summer, who enjoyed the piano more than brawling, but he did enjoy a good spar. He had no idea why Tally had bothered to enter, but was at least relieved that the Hunterheart had known when to quit.

"Try, try again," he said amicably. "Maybe next time."

Tally Benoit

Merits:

Court Goodwill(Summer) •
    Eidetic Memory
    Fleet of Foot •••
    Fast Reflexes •

Beast Blessing:

Curse:

Kith Blessing:

PRE

Tally nods in acknowledgment. "Good luck with your next match." She says to Rook.

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Taking a quick look around and stock of the participants, Nightfall holds his hands up and concedes. He'd thought the entire Summer Court would join in their own game, but apparently not.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread