Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Blue eyes follow each mage as they speak up. Some new some old. Avalon's over-exaggerated movements get a raised eyebrow before Ariadne notices the effect. The Epopt gives the Heirarch a small nod, not entirely sure what was willed but fairly certain it won't kill anyone. Not yet at least.

Ariadne shifts as Impulse speaks his mind. Not something she had expected from a Libertine.

B
    Bean

Umbrey listened quietly and completely still. His foot was rest on the other leg's knee and his hands were laced together in his lap. Umbrey always had the thought that while he sat like that, he would probably be the slowest person to rise in an emergency, but he ignored that because it was comfortable. He listened to his current cabal senior with an interest on many of his topics.

He looks very nervous. I wonder how much of a bad thing that is. Umbrey checks the faces of those listening to see any obvious signs of impatience or comfort. Nobody seems to look particularly hostile yet. I guess they're more forgiving of him for some reason. Maybe he has a good reputation then. Huh. Communication among us Awakened? Lacking? No way! I thought we would all work together like one big happy family and bake cookies together singing Kumbaya around the campfire. But I suppose he has a point, things look pretty bad here. Part of it I think is from their whole free-spirit Free Council nonsense but I guess since Impulse is in it, I shouldn't judge too harshly.

Umbrey takes a card even though he has Impulse's info just out of habit. So I wonder how he plans to do that then.

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Leo nodded along and took the contact info. He already had it, but a card to hand to someone else in an emergency couldn't hurt.

"So exactly how do you propose building this trust and communication?" The Arrow wasn't trying to mess over the Syndic, but in his experience sincerity and honesty went far. Two traits that rarely flowed from note cards, not that Leo had any right to preach on either trait. "The kidnappings are being looked into and the hacking claim was by some guy I'm willing to bet none of us have seen before, or will again. The Banishers I intend to have looked into at some point, but that would require more then one Arrow in the city." He paused to let that sink in for a minute.

"Communication is a very important thing, but I doubt it's going to last if the only motivation is survival." At this point he was talking to the group. He looked to Heirarch next before turning back to the rest of the group. "We need strong leadership within the community, and more regular meetings. Not necessarily the whole concilium, but at least the Order heads, and that would only be a start for communication. Trust is a whole nother monster, one phone numbers and regular contact can only begin to address. This might be a good point to open the floor to any long standing issues that might be hindering that trust."

Again the Arrow paused, not for questions, but because he only just realized he might have taken the spotlight off Impulse. He seemed to be uncomfortable with it anyway. "Unless you would like to continue to the next point?"

“If I may interject,” Kite spoke up suddenly, leaning forward into the table and raising his hand as he did so, “both sides have their points. I agree with Impulse in setting our overarching goal – that we all communicate important information with each other. However, I also strongly believe that Leo is correct in saying that simply asking each order to drop legitimate grievances they may have without acknowledgement or compensation isn’t likely to breed trust.” Kite took turns looking at each member of the table as he spoke. “Speaking from personal experience, I can honestly say I would have issues openly sharing information here for two reasons: First, I am not convinced that the action would be reciprocated, despite what people say. Second, I would be worried that the information I provide would be mishandled… possibly deliberately.”

“I need to emphasize” he continued, “that these feelings I have originate, unfortunately, not from rumor, reputation, or innuendo, but instead from personal experience… some of it extremely recent.” Kite frowned, glancing only momentarily toward the Epopt. “It is very hard to trust an individual, group, or organization that has made a long-standing habit of regarding you with severe disrespect.”

After the shortest of pauses, Kite finished with a suggestion. “Perhaps if we could, as a group, forge some sort of agreement or mechanism that would severely sanction anyone for the misuse of information we provide here, that could at least partially alleviate these concerns…”

W
    WakingDream

Impulse nods at the two mages as they speak up in turn. He doesn't seem to get nervous, as may have been expected based on his previous demeanor, in fact his smile looks like one of relief. "I agree. I think something like a monthly meeting of order and cabal heads would be a great start. Perhaps a stronger presence from our leaders would also not go amiss." He says the last part with a sideways glance at the Hierarch.

He turns back to Leo and Kite. "Your right. Survival should not be the solitary glue that binds us, Though the mistakes of the past should not be the border that divides us. My proposal is one of friendship and mutual respect. I know that sounds corny... But think about it. All of us here are the movers and shakers of Sacramento. We can agree that what happens to the awakened body here, in some form or another, happen to all of us. We can, right now if we wanted, agree to respect that and try to move forward. Holding on to the past will keep us stuck in the past, with all the problems that entails." He pauses to catch his breath, "I'm sure we can come up with an oath to swear, if things need to be brought to that level."

Impulse combs his hand through his hair, a little bit of anxiety building in the enchanter's heart. "But i'll start by admitting something to all of you that none save my cabal know. As a sign of good faith. Something that will lead to my next point." Another sigh, "When I first awakened, back in Maryland, I was quickly inducted by a small cabal of arrows. Everything was fine until we started actually learning..." Impulse's hands instinctively tighten at the painful memory, "Long story short, and sparing details, I was... abused. Bad. And for a long time, I found it hard to find love in my heart for your order." He says directly at Leo, a dampness forming behind his eyes.

"But I've grown since then. And Sacramento has shown me that the arrows are a good and just people for the most part. My experience was the exception, not the rule." He takes a step towards Leo as he speaks, "I know right now the Sacramento Arrows are suffering from the many losses you've sustained. So, though I will remain a syndic of the Free council, I would like to offer my services to you now. From one friend, to another, to help protect the city. I'm not the best in a fight, but what I lack in skill I make up for in heart. I will have your back as I trust you would have mine. If you will accept my help."

Idun

PRE

Idun didn't have anything to add, so she listens to the discussion going on. At Impulse's statement, she is rather surprised that he'd trust them with something so personal. She glances around the room, checking on the others before looking at the next speaker.

It always come back to communication, doesn't it? Idun muses to herself.

B
    Bean

Umbrey, Théarch willworker and student of Death, lets out a long and audible sigh.

He was bored.

He had been twirling a pencil during a couple of the speeches but it fell under his chair several minutes ago and he hadn't felt like picking it back up. I need to learn some Forces. Be a jedi or something. His mind had been wandering. But now he was forced to listen again, catching the back half of Kite's speech onward.

This is silly. was his general impression, hence his loud and audible sigh. He looks around the table starting at the Heirarch beside him who was eerily quiet. Eh. Maybe they want my opinion or something. He stands, one hand leaning on the table.

"You know, my opinion is that what we need more than your communication and such, not to rain on yer parade or anything Impulse, is some like... structure. You know? All this... free-form democracy, wishy washy, everyone gets a say bullshit (which I know includes myself by the way) just doesn't seem to be workin for y'all. It's uh... like that saying, too many cooks spoil the broth you know? We got all of us adding in our two cents here and there and it ain't doing shit to be honest." He sighs again trying to think of the best way to get his point across.

"I mean I'm not particularly any kind of leader per se. But... what I'm saying, and no offense to you ma'am..." He motions toward Avalon. "... is that we need a clear 'who is in charge of whom' ranking um... hierarchy with a little H. Communication, order, et cetra will all come if we have a proper and clear structure. At least that's my input."

He sits down having said his piece. He knew he wasn't the best at public speaking but he had hoped his point had been made and that his accent didn't show too terribly much.

Doubt they'll buy it.

The Hierarch, had been quiet, listening intently to the goings on around her. Her eyes were closed though they were not tightly so and the colors of her skirt were a bright counterpoint to the Circle's décor. When Avalon opened her gaze once more to the consternation of the magi assembled, her gaze held a mote of disappointment. “Is that not the point of a Consilium Meeting?” She posits in her airy politeness.

We even allow the Assembly's representatives to sit in on our Consilium Meetings for Transparency's sake” Glancing to either Syndic in turn. “What happened at this past Consilium was ...” she looks through her self for the right word, her hand making a pulling motion, “unfortunate.”

Unfortunate because another took it upon herself to make a big-deal of something, simple. Unfortunate because another Magus attempted to impress by following through on it. Unfortunate that it ate all the time better spent towards airing grievances, sharing information, and registering favors with the Heralds. Unfortunate because the meeting who's standards have been set down by Atlantis was interrupted passed salvageable.” Avalon takes in a breath, her gaze settling on Ariadne for a moment, knowing perhaps before it passes on.

“It is my Consilium Meeting that failed, and I take responsibility for it.” Avalon says to the group in turn. “But, this is what Consilium is for. Explain to me why this isn't.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Leo looks at Impulse. Then he looks to Ariadne. Then back to Impulse.

'Um, was it training?' The thought didn't make it to words. If he couldn't tell the difference he was to soft for patrols.

"Look, while I appreciate you're willingness to help, there's no Miss Congeniality in the Arrow." He pauses for a second not sure how to continue without hurting the man's feelings. "Their are the people who are ready and able to fight, and there are the people with big hearts and no combat ability who don't make it out of training. I have no intention of letting you wander off to your death, security troubles or no."

He nodded along to Umbrey's bit, only to have his thoughts voiced by the Heirarch. "It is what Concilium is for, but I'd like to remind everyone that the Lex as written right now requires members of the concilium to obey sleeper law. When Snakebite lit that cigerette, she violated the Lex as well. I'd be fine with rewriting that silly bit, but as Sentinel she Vae a responsibility to uphold the law. Gamble, who has since left the city, was the one causing trouble."

The Arrow took a deep breathe and scanned the table. Hopefully this time the Ladder wouldn't act like a smug and disapproving stepparent.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne gives a small shrug as Leo glances at her. Sure the Arrows methods are brutish and probably excessive but they work. Not that a Guardian can speak of easy training..

"Following sleeper laws within reason is good for us to remain hidden. Blatantly flaunting it as it doesn't matter to us is counter productive. And honestly I don't want to have to deal with that."
    A hand waves that heinous idea away. "If anything we need to stipulate that among our kind the sleeper laws don't apply but to not be an idiot in public." Ariadne looks at Umbrey with a smile. "I'm sure there's a better way to put that last part."

"But yes, Consilium is about having space to air problems and issues. I don't disagree with that."

Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread