Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(1403) Clan Meeting: Daeva

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    L
    Lobo Argost

Liara's attention was drawn to their host and looked her over with a hungry look. "No thank you. But you're kind to offer." She stood and curtsied Velma as much as her leg brace would allow. "I'm Liara Shepard."

"Anabella Prieto. What would you recommend?" Ana replies, surveying the selection behind the bar with curious eyes. The wine bottles seemed to interest her more than the other Daeva.

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Presence: Bewitching ●●●●●
    Striking Looks: Tempting ●●●●
    Distinct Voice: Honeyed ●●●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Velma nods to Liara, clearly pleased with the woman's presentation and manners.

Her attention then turns to the latin succubus in front of her.

“For you…?” The Ravager ponders, her eyes seem to be surveying the fellow Daeva, maybe she was trying to read something into her…
    The songstress’ head turns to observe the place where Ana’s interest was.

“I see! I was hoping for something more… elaborate. But let’s compromise.” The songstress pulls one of the wine bottles from the shelve, looks at it and shrugs.

“It’s expensive, I guess that means it must be good.” Her smile widdens, she puts the shaker away, searches for something in one of the drawers and withdraws a corkscrew. She turns to pick up two glasses and fills them unceremoniously with the expensive and inebriating liquid after deftly removing the cork.

Velma kindly passes one of the glasses to Ana and then observes the blood red wine of her own glass while pondering on her next words.

“You both know why we are here tonight, right?” The tone of her question meant she was about to answer that herself.

“His Grace, the Alder Prince Asa Clarke decided all clans should present their priscus next court.” There is a small pause as she lowers her glass.

“Usually that wouldn’t be a problem… but our Priscus, the Alder Duchess Twist left the domain without prospect of returning in the near future, letting us in the position of having to acclaim a new priscus to make a show of unity and strength at next court…” The Daeva’s eyes move to meet Ana and then Liara, perhaps searching for their approval.

“It is my intention to have you support my decision to become Priscus in the absence of her Grace.” Clearly Velma had no qualms about laying her entire hand on the table.

The Ravager remains expectant, waiting to see their reactions and what they had to say.
    Velma Star*
    STATUS CITY: Harpy ●●● | STATUS DAEVA: ● | STATUS INVICTUS: Lady ●●

4. Likes Lesingnon liked this post

Ana observes with fascination the the uncorking and pouring of the wine. Or perhaps it was suspicion? But the process provides her with with a fresh drink, so she takes her sweet time to enjoy the look, the smell, the shimmering of light across the surface...

Interrupted by the necessity of expectation and the older kindred's demands.

"If I may ask, are we the only three in this domain? And with many apologies, may I ask more about yourself? I just arrived back in Sacramento in January."

The words were spoken, oddly enough, with a clear intent on precision rather than formality. And she sipped the wine while she waited for a response.

-1 Vitae to imbibe

L
    Lobo Argost

Liara barely stifled a chuckle at Ana's question of their numbers. "I'm curious about the lack of attendance myself. I was sure we had more Daeva in this city." She looked at Velma as the woman stated her desire. "Well, you're confident and not lacking ambition. I like that. And with a new Priscus, things are sure to change around here. And change is something we Dragons are always in favor of." She gave the Ember's master of ceremonies a smile. "I'll support you in your endeavor. But I do have to ask, what can you do to benefit the clan as a whole, Ms. Star? Aside from being our voice with His Grace, of course."

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

The Ravager remained motion still as her younger cousins spoke and made their observations.

When they both finished she held her hands open, pressed against the counter as if supporting her weight. The songstress pondered for just a moment.

”Those seem like valid questions and concerns.” She condescended.

The succubus left her place behind the counter; she picked her glass and the bottle and moved to the sofas next to where her cousins were.

”Let’s enjoy the sofas.” Velma pointed to the sofas around and motioned to one of them taking her place next to the other two kindred.
    Velma rested the bottle next her and the glass as well; she crossed her legs, and allowed the palm of her hands to feel the soft fabrics of the sofa while she reclined just a bit.

After everyone sat she continued.

”Well, I’ve already told you my name…” Her speech pauses for a while and then she notices her point probably was getting through.

”I was born in 1905, in Chicago, once I was a singer in some of the most famous joints during the years of the prohibition.” Her hands are moving as she recalls her life in Chicago.

”A couple of years ago I came to Sacramento, I have earned my place here and made a name.” The succubus pauses for a moment to regain pace.

”Eventually the Herald made me a proposition to become Mistress of Ceremonies here, at The Ember. On occasion I have helped Reeve Connery defuse a potential risk for the Masquerade in the form of a cadre of hunters, hunters of kindred!” The Daeva allows her words to sink in as she moves on to the other point.

”That’s who I am… as for other members of our family I can only say I regret none of them have showed up.” What else could she say? That she would be sure they wouldn't interfere in her plans to become priscus?

“I’m aware of one more, Deputy Callum McCann for whom I have the highest esteem and which I believe shares the same respect I have for him for me but whose whereabouts I can’t seem to fathom… I could summon him here at this very moment but I’m not aware of how much damage that would do to him or if he could even make it until the end of the night, we simply can’t afford to wait more time. His Grace needs an answer and a Priscus next court.” Summoning Cal was a possibility that had crossed her mind but she couldn’t risk the ire of her friend. If he showed up at court she would make him see things in her light.

”The fact that both of you showed up scores points for each one of you in my book.”
    “But make no mistake, I shall be a priscus for all Daeva in this domain and not just for the both of you.”
    Velma’s words resounded with confidence. The succubus’ message clearly meant that this meeting was the formal meeting for acclaiming the Priscus and that Liara and Ana had earned something by coming to the meeting tonight.

”As for what I have to offer…” Her attention focus on Liara… Velma wasn’t expecting the young one to be so bold… or was it that she wasn’t grasping what she could offer them? She decided to give her some leeway.

”I’m predisposed to stand on the behalf of my family’s side and intercede when matters involve anyone of us. That’s what a Priscus should always do of course but she was reiterating that she didn’t want the position just for the sake of it.

”I’m also intent on acclaiming a whip in the next few months after the court. That will give me time to know better all of our family in the domain and ponder my decision.” The blue eyes of Velma move from Liara to Ana and back again.

”I will also of course be responsible for acknowledging fellow Daeva into the domain, ensuring they are treated with the dignity our family members are accustomed to.” Her speech seems to come to an halt, Velma remains sitting waiting for more questions by her cousins.
    Velma Star*

B
    Bean

Douglas opens the door to the seedy strip club with an intentional sigh. He long ago lost the habit of breathing but he still found the act a mild comfort. From the moment he entered though he was noticed and directed through the club to the back. He silently nodded his thanks before opening this door too. Not much better.

He saw the three women and immediately felt angry at their presence here. He wanted to present them with the Lord's wrath for their sinful ways but he refrained. He stood still a moment to tame his beast so as not to bare his fangs and tear them to shreds. It took a full four seconds to be sure that he remained calm, but it was easier than he had expected because he was under the impression that there would be more Succubi present. I hope they have such judgement as well.

Seeing a break in conversation, he introduced himself. His voice breaks as he starts to speak but even as he does it is a little higher than usual for a man his age. "Hello ladies. I am Douglas Fischer and I'm here to present myself for an official meeting. I trust I am in the right place?" He tried his best to push back his judgement both at their outfits and at their chosen venue. They do as God's Plan dictates.

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Remembering Douglas from Court
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-03-25 19:16:18 Velma Star rolls 5 to Memorizing and Remembering Douglas from court (10 Again) 9, 3, 4, 9, 4 2 successes

Upon noticing the door was opening a sudden impetus to rip the new arrival to shreds invades Velma, moving upwards along her spine, inciting her to fight for her territory.

The Succubus reasserts control with surprising ease, she remembered that face from not so long ago. It was a couple years back, here in Sacramento when the Nosferatu arsonist, Archbishop of the Lancea et Sanctum had been condemned to burn to cinders by the Prince. Condemned and executed. She had seen him then, and that made seeing him tonight a little easier.

”Mr. Fisher!” There is a small hint of surprise in Velma’s voice.

”Yes, this is the right place… we just weren’t expecting anyone else to show up, but please, you are welcome to join us.” The Daeva’s voice is inviting and pleasant to the ear, she points out to one of the empty sofas near her.

”We were discussing important topics regarding our family.” Velma ponders for a while.

”I had just finished answering Ms. Prieto and Ms. Shepard’s questions regarding my intention to become Priscus for our clan come next court…” There is a sudden pause, Velma was clearly waiting to see everyone’s reactions before proceeding with more details. She was sure Douglas would have questions and that she would have to repeat herself.
    Velma Star*

10. Likes West liked this post

Ana seems utterly intent on enjoying her wine while she wonders how long it will take this time before her utter desire to flee in terror from the freshest predator in the room. So she just focused her thoughts on tannin and waited a moment before suggesting, "Velma has expressed a willing ableness to represent us collectively before His Grace. I have no objections."

Good wine, but I give the company a 3 out of 5 Stars. If I weren't a little scared, I'd probably be bored, wouldn't I?

L
    Lobo Argost

"So we're not the only three attending," Liara said. "Well, Mr. Fischer, Ms. Star has my support for becoming our clan's Priscus. The changes will be wonderful to follow. I hope you're doing well this evening." She ran her fingers through her hair and pulled a compact mirror out of her purse, checking on her make up.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread