Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1403) Carthian Meeting

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Daniel nodded, although whether it was to Alex's opinion of Democracy or Troy's entrance was a tad vague, although the minor scrunching of his nose on the other Nos' entrance might be telling. "Of clan Mekhet. Tendancy towards a Democratic mindset. As for goals I'd just be repeating what James said." Short and simple.

"So it seems like we've a definite leaning towards A) Recruitment and a stable position and B) a Regency." Daniel thought about this for a moment before thinking. "I like it."

"Likely the best time we'll have for this would be in a few months, as I'm slated to be Clan Mekhet's Priscus, at least until the next meeting of the same." Daniel had the not so odd feeling that someone would probably be gunning for him around that time if not already. Who knows though, maybe things'll go so well he'll be re-elected.

Daniel had to keep himself from laughing. Re-elected. One of these days he was gonna have to have a talk over some lemonade with the resident Herald and just ask her what was going through her head during that meeting.

"Anyway, I think we have enough of a game plan now to worry about nominating people. We can work out more of the specifics afterwards if you guys would like." Daniel's eyes went from Kindred to Kindred. A Prefect, or Priscus as the Prince so aptly put it, was required. It was likely the position of Myrmidon would also be up for grabs. So who was gonna go for what?

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Gangrel was taking notes when Troy walked in. There was an audible sniff followed by an obvious grimace. The fact the word Nosferatu followed shortly after the smell came of no surprise to James. As he continued taking notes there was a short pause when Daniel said he'd be Priscus. The fact the lone Carthian in the city was able to convince a clan to shift it's power like that was definitely worth noting.

"I'm not sure earning Tenancy is as easy as you might think it is." James said with a look to Troy. His face slowly returned to normal as he tried to avoid breathing in as much as possible. "I think your operating under the assumption that if one of us earns it we can extend the privilege to others. If I earn Tenancy, then I alone have earned it. Only a Regent would be able to extend the privilege to others. Hence my desire for Regency. Unless your suggesting we earn it together?" He let the question hang in the air a moment before continuing.

"As for the election, which I'm assuming we're choosing these positions as elections right?" He scanned the three. Daniel seemed on board, Alex was fine with it, but Troy wasn't talking on political affiliation. That could be bothersome. "I volunteer for Prefect and Priscus, though it might just be easier to just let the Prefect serve as Priscus." He shrugs, obviously not too concerned about this detail.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

S
    Santhell

Everybody in a certain way agreed with Alex thoughts and he was glad for that. On the subject of Tenancy and Regency he choose not to enter in the discussion. After everybody agreeing in some way about the recruiting, the time was to start the voting process. As he said earlier, he would like to know more Daniel and Bolton before choosing one for Prefect, and Troy seemed the right choice for the moment, he apparently had a similar viewpoint of the movement and was already working alongside Alex within their Clan.

"I'm too new to volunteer so I will start the voting process. At this moment, I would like Mr McPherson to be our Prefect. I know his potential for action from our Clan meetings besides our Invictus leadership. Mr Bolton and Mr Whitfield I am sure you both can harvest influence within your clans." he sincerely says, hoping that his choice didn't appears to be some sort of family nepotism, he knew Troy more than the others and that made the vote very black or white.

"About the Prefect being the Priscus, I find the Priscus role inside a covenant very confusing. I agree in merging both positions." he adds nodding to James.

"After the voting process, we could trace a basic plan on recruiting. What could we do and do not. What do you guys think?"

D
    DownsideUp

The nomination brought a small smile to Troy's face. He was new to the domain, but if he said yes he had half the votes at the table.

"Thank you for the support Mr. Wiechert." He glanced at his cousin, then to Daniel, and finally to James. "I would be honored to serve as the Prefect of the Carthian Movement here in Sacramento. I accept your nomination." Troy's face is calm and reserved. The domain wasn't a totally new place anymore. It was time for him to begin working.

"Mr. Whitfield, the approval of the incoming Mekhet Priscus would be invaluable." Indeed. The fact that he hadn't immediately made a move for the office, himself, was a bit surprising, but now was the time try and draw an ally so Troy could capitalize on what small advantage he possessed. "Mr. Bolton, I understand your own desire to be Prefect. Perhaps you would be willing to step into the position of Myrmidon instead. You had mentioned an interest at the beginning of the meeting."

Now was the time to unify and be a peacemaker. The last thing Troy wanted was to have this be a split decision. In a group this small any dissent could be problematic. While James seemed eager to leadership, Troy didn't feel comfortable with the way he approached their immediate goals. Acknowledging him as the leader of the group wasn't something he was prepared to do. There was an alternative if things got rough, but for now he hoped his offer would appeal to the Savage. If not, hopefully his praise would appeal to the Shadow.

Right, so that leaves me...

So it was either split the group by voting for James, who in his opinion had leader written on him better than Troy did. Daniel preferred not to discriminate by clan but having the dude who smelled like a rotting corpse representing the Movement didn't exactly seem like the best of ideas. Splitting the group over the issue though would probably prove to be equally problematic.

Indecision apparent in his expression, Daniel would stretch his right leg out and give it a quick shake before returning to his previous position How hard am I gonna end up kicking myself for this shit?

If the choice was between splitting the group to argue for a better image or getting something done he knew which he preferred. He just hoped he was preferring the decision that helped the Movement the most. "I vote for Troy as Prefect." He'd say, shooting the Nos a glare that said I'm trusting you on this. Don't fuck it up.

Daniel let out a soft sigh. Now the only thing left was the position of Myrmidon, and he had a feeling that a position that required nothing but the utmost neutrality in any and every decision wouldn't satisfy James, but that remained to be seen.

+1
    SL
    PRE

James had been taking notes when Alex suggested Troy as Prefect. The thought of Troy in the position was as revolting as he was. Then he accepted the nomination and tried to sate the Savage with the offer of Myrmidon. Then, by some miracle, the Haunt garnered a victory through popular vote. The Prefect, the one whose contact information was going onto the Herald's presentation and who would likely be the first point of contact with the movement for outsiders and new people, literally reaked of stagnant decay. Great symbol to rally behind.

James glared at Daniel, more disappointed then angry given they seemed to have several things in common. He looked once again to Troy as he leaned back in his seat. "You can vote for Myrmidon sure." He forced a smile and scanned the group. He had both accepted his loss and made it implicitly clear he would accept a democratic approach to the movement only. He would have said more, but running this meeting was officially no longer his problem.

S
    Santhell

Seeing that the air was getting heavy, a mix of the smelly Haunt odor and the social tension that grew from the votes for Prefect, Alex decided not to say a word.

No way I'm starting the voting for Myrmidon too

He felt the dissatisfaction on Jame's face and the Beast from the Savage only made the situation more tense. Besides all the awkwardness that was crawling his body, he was kinda of relieved knowing that the Prefect voting was fast as that.

D
    DownsideUp

Daniel's look was crystal clear. It was a gamble on his part; one Troy intended to live up to. Rather than speak, he merely nodded in understanding to the Shadow.

The victory draws no smile, only a calm look of determination. This was not a vote of acclamation. It was a victory won by luck. Keeping the job would mean making friends of enemies, and so Troy's eyes settled on James. He does not blink. He does not glare. For a second, though, he wondered what it would take to bring the Gangrel's temper to heel.

"Mr. Bolton," the Haunt's voice was steady, "I understand your displeasure with my ascension to the position of Prefect, but I did not run due to lack of respect. I would like to cast my vote for you as Myrmidon. You care about the Movement, and I believe you can do the job well."

This was no longer an effort to buy the office of Prefect. It seemed that James disliked Troy, and having a Myrmidon in the opposition would be a good balance of power. He glanced at Alex and Daniel, awaiting their opinion on the matter.

+1
    SL
    PRE

James nodded to Troy, not at all surprised to see where the smelly guys vote went. He scanned the other two waiting for their response. Then he started tapping his finger impatiently on the table as he continued to wait.

"Well?" He said to the other two, obviously not in a waiting mood.

S
    Santhell

With Troy as the Prefect, James would be a perfect Myrmidon, his desire to lead the Chartian Movement will assure Troy of being in the right track.

"I'm sure Mr Bolton would be perfect for the role of Myrmidon, we can make this duality a healthy thing for us." he sincerely added as a vote. Based on his first impression from James, Alex was comfortable with the idea of Bolton in a neutral position.

Now the relations between them could be a little tense, but both James and Troy had a potential to shed a light in the Movement instead of turning it into a intern fight club.

What if Daniel wants the role of Myrmidon?

"What about you Mr. Withfield, any thoughts?" he adds.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread