Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Sunrise in the Rose Garden (Attn: Rick)

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

"But we are much more than 'some people', and we do not do things the easy way."

She jumps up as they near a tree and begins to scale it quite gracefully, looking down at him from several feet off the ground.

"Ya coming?"

L

Rick looks up as Teri nimbly scales the tree. Heaving a sigh he grabs the nearest branch, pulling himself up much more slowly while muttering under his breath, "...So not fair." But then, things seldom are nowadays. It takes him a bit to catch up to Terri, not nearly so well suited to the task of climbing a tree as the Steepscrambler. "So what methods do you prefer to use then?"

"Sorry?" she enquires, looking a bit confused at the question, her feet dangling from a branch.

L

Rick settles onto the branch, staying near its base and leaning back against the trunk. "You said we don't things the easy way. So how do you do them?"

"Oh, right. Sorry, I'd forget my head if it wasn't attached," she laughs, moving abit closer to him.

"I like to test people, make sure they're ready for a challenge. Twilight Page and all that jazz. The fear that most of the Autumn Court espouses is all 'BOO!'" She shakes her head, lowering her hands after jesticulating briefly. "I prefer to remind people that fear is nothing more than a challenge to overcome, ya know? For instance, d'ya feel that slight niggle of doubt climbing up here? That can go after some practice. The same way a doorman gets used to the adrenaline cannonball that lands in his stomach as trouble comes calling or a little girl steps out for a prom, her dreams of being a princess bound by years of self doubt, rescused the first time she sees the handsome prince ready to save her. Fear drives us, challenges us to new heights. Excuse the pun," she giggles, waving her arms.

L

"Fear of heights, me?" Rick can't help but chuckle softly as he spreads his arms, drawing attention to the misted feathers adorning them. "I got used to being high off the ground real fast." He leans forward slightly, resting his forearms on his knees. "I can understand what you mean though. Fear is ultimately how we react when we start losing control over a situation. It's a reaction to vulnerability, our subconscious telling us to stop. And people can listen to it if they want. And while that might let them survive they'll never really live. You need to acknowledge fear, be cautious when the situation calls for it. But you have to be able to act in spite of it too, there's no risk without reward. And if you submit to fear constantly, you aren't leading a life worth living."

She chuckles along with the Cleareyes as Rick shows his feathers, supporting her chin by her delicate hands while looking at him.

"Good, we're on the same page then. So, ya ready to look further at this Jacob-guy? I wonder how he got on with the cops." It wasn't really a question more of a thought out loud.

L

"Yeah, I'm ready. Used to be a Boy Scout back in the day, Be Prepared and all that. As for the cops he should be finding that he suddenly has a lot of pull with them, for the duration of the pledge at least. So I doubt they gave him much trouble. We'll know for sure when we find him I guess. Until then I try not to worry about it too much. You've got to seize the opportunity to relax, to enjoy yourself, when you can instead of constantly worrying about the future." He shot her a grin, "But you seem to know that already. Your presence can really put a guy at ease."

"Thanks, I do my best," replying with a wink. "We make a good team, apparently, ya certainly know how to give a girl that extra bit of confidence."

L

Rick shifts forward a bit, balancing on the balls of his feet. "How so? I never realized I was one to inspire confidence in others."

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread