Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
King Pong!

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

It's a typical night at The Forge. No band tonight, just some old school thrash metal pumping through the sound system. Any changelings in attendance will notice a sign indicating a private party on the mezzanine. An old vintage King Kong movie poster has been photo-shopped to portray the monstrous gorilla with a ping pong ball in one hand and a pitcher of beer in the other. Duncan, the general manager of The Forge stands at the top of the stairs with a clipboard and a fistful of colored waxed paper wristbands. He asks all participants to write down their name and a phone number or email address on the sign up sheet held on the clipboard in his hand before wrapping one of the bracelets around their wrists. He explains that the wristband are good for $1 domestic draft beer all night and points out the rules for the tournament, which are posted on the wall nearby. If anyone lacking an oathbound connection to Duncan via the shared freehold oath attempts to join the party, they are firmly turned away without exception. After they grab a beer and wander around, attendees will notice that a few ping pong tables have been set up on the mezzanine with balls and plastic cups arranged in a triangle on each side. A quick look at the tables and the posted rules will leave the distinct impression that Duncan might have actually played beer pong before.

The Rules

Marcus arrives early in order to help set up, only to find that Duncan has beaten him to the punch. He scribbles down his info and accepts the wristband before getting a beer and checking out the rules on the wall. After double-checking the tables, the metalflesh settles in next to his friend in order to catch up with the snowskin a bit before the others arrive.

D
    DamoclesImpaled

Jason was actually grinning like a lunatic, feeling almost like someone had lifted all cynicism and sarcasm out of his body for a short period of time. Beer pong. Beer pong...! His excitement wasn't dampened even a little as he walked though the doors of the Forge, getting a few odd looks due to his expression. The music wasn't his favorite, but it was tolerable. Strolling on up to the mezzanine, Jason grabs a wristband after scrawling his phone-number on the clip-board and finding a place to lean against the wall, eyeing the table with a look of almost manic glee. He briefly waves to Marcus and mouths the word 'Awesome' before tapping his foot with no real rhythm, starting to feel impatient. He seems rather pumped about this. Bordering on 'disturbing', even.

Marcus Evan

PRE

A wide grin spreads across the elemental's face when he sees the beast's excitement. Giving Duncan a playful punch on the shoulder, Marcus walks over and joins Jason against the wall.

"Alright? This was a really great idea. Duncan's donating an open bar party package as the grand prize. This is gonna be fun."

So this is the place I've heard about. A smile grows into a small, slanted, close-lipped grin as she walks into the bar. The Forge. How could she stay away with a name so inviting? The music crashes over as she walks through the doors and out onto the floor, turning in place to get a look at the club. She's in black leather pants tonight instead of jeans, they go well with her Doc Martens. Band shirts being the norm for her, tonight she displays her allegiance to the Distillers, who appear on her white tank-top. A black leather choker with a shiny steel buckle is cinched around her throat, matching the cuffs around her wrists, which twinkle with little steel studs.

She's already getting the good vibes from this place when she spots something that instantly captures the whole of her attention. The forge... in The Forge. They have an actual forge in The Forge. Without thinking about it she's crossed the room to the clear plexiglass window separating what looks like a functional work-area from the rest of the club. She raises a hand and rests it against the plexi as her eyes dart about inside. Is it functional? She examines the chimney, looks for the fuel source, any tools that might be stored within. Could I work in there? Would they let me work in there? Do I want to work in there? ... I think I might. I wonder if I could. A hint of teeth shows as her grin broadens. She's always loved to throw some tunes on while she works, though not every employer has allowed it. Working here? With the music pounding, spirits pouring nearby, the energy of the crowd. That could be... Magical.

D
    DamoclesImpaled

Jason turns to Marcus, the Metalflesh's grin only reinforcing his belief that this event was a great idea.

"That's awesome. Assuming the winners will have functioning livers by the end of this, anyway. Maybe if people make a few side-bets... it could be even more interesting." He grin became a slight smirk, a particular thought coming to mind before he waving it off. "So, we pick our own teams, right? Doesn't matter too much to me, I'm just stoked to get a chance to play again. It's been too long since I last got a chance to play some beer pong." Beer pong had long been a favorite pastime for Jason, perhaps even before his Durance if his memory could be trusted.

He leaned against the wall a bit before locking his eyes on the table with undisguised anticipation. "I wonder whose going to show up? Aside from Summers, of course."

G
    Greebs

Mal was standing outside, fidgeting anxiously. Where was Jack? She said she'd be here. Of course she'd come. 'Fun', alcohol, and the chance to mock the Hunterheart mercilessly? That's why she'd called her in the first place! The mockery would be worth it just for the help her Motley-mate could provide in navigating this minefield of awkwardness. And God the music was thudding through the walls - was it possible for it to have gotten worse since Spartan's tenure?

Tonight was going to Suck.

Being a Summer Courtier Sucked.

Everything sucks forever!

Mary Lee
    Mary Lee

PRE

Mary walks out of the back room with a large bottle of tequila cradled in her arms, the brilliant orange of her dress seeming to be the only thing about her that might invoke the season of Summer. Well, the cut of the dress and the alcohol certainly brought warm vacations to mind, but the muscle-free form of the Spring Muse did stick out like a sore something or other amidst the many muscular persons otherwise occupying the facility.

"Everybody doing well, I hope?"

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan showed up with a tiny green tote bag she wouldn't mind losing if she got plastered. Yup, she was planning on giving out more of the chocolates. Dead leaves crunched underfoot as she scaled the stairs to meet Duncan. She gave Duncan her signature and a gift box from the green bag. Any strange looks were met with a friendly smile as she accepted the wrist tag.

She waved hello to the folks already here whom she recognized. A slightly bigger wave was sent in the direction of Malory. She sent a curious look at the lady staring at what looked like an oven behind glass. Maybe she liked baking? The raccoon wondered over to the post showing the rules to see what it said. Pong was simple, so the rules should be easy to understands, right? Well, not so much.

The look upon her face quickly went from chipper to somber to confused as she read and re-read the rules. Sometimes the little Beast's mind was like a steel trap. And then there were times, like now, when it was jello. Eventually, she started to making a confused whimper.

Kay, the balls bounce off table then onto table with cups? Or bounc the beer with paddle, no-no.

Maybe it'd be better if she just spectated?

D
    DamoclesImpaled

Jason noticed someone else sign-in for the beer pong competition and noticed, to only mild surprise, that he actually recognized her. It would have been hard not to recognize the raccoon-girl, after their particular encounter in a public park when he had gotten acquainted with her apparently-notorious motor-mouth. Partially to catch up, partially to check out prospective competition, he decided to talk to her. There seemed to be a lull while people were arriving anyway. He muttered to Marcus "I'll be back in a second," before approaching Morgan.

"Yo. I was just talking to Marcus about non-Summers showing up." His smile was almost-predatory, though for once this was intentional. The Hunterheart was well-aware that he looked intimidating to most people and while this usually meant talking to people was rather awkward, he was actually fine with it now. "It's been a while, Morgan. You'll be up against some tough competition. No offense meant, but you're not a heavy drinker are you?"

Origins

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread