Ended
Watch

Ack: August Galloway

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha blinked and became even more bashful. "Perfidious? Goodness!" she exclaimed, clearly shocked at the idea, "not at all, sir! No...not perfidious."

"I...I am..." she struggled for an excuse for her behaviour. Finding none that would rescue her, she simply smiled meekly.

"That is to say, sir...I find nothing in your conduct which alarms or upsets me, sir." a sincere smile.

"Ah...I share your enjoyment of roses! There is also a most splendid airport...I enjoy watching the aircraft in motion." she smiles again. Her voice little more than a whisper. Her gloved hands, freed from gripping at her maimed leg, now flutter and soar, emulating the take-off and landing of various jet planes.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Katsuro Tomori

Well, if she wasn't uncomfortable, maybe she was taken with him. Martha wouldn't be the first woman to be wooed by his southern charms, but in this case August had to be certain and so he looked over her reaction with a critical eye, a hard thing to do for a kindred, as many of the signs in the living aren't always there in the undead.

two suxx wits+subterfuge
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-03-13 05:41:29 August Galloway rolls 5 to Wits+Subterfuge (10 Again) 6, 10, 2, 3, 5, 9 2 successes

As he watched he spoke "I've always preferred trains myself, but then again I did have more than a few friends who had pertinent interest during the railroads construction, so I may be biased for the good old days." he said with the kind of laughter that can only be pulled from fond memories of years gone past. "Now granted, they are rathah slower than conventional air traffic, it's a four day trip from Atlanta to Sacramento, but the views along the way, the manner in which you're treated...it's a very different kind of travel but I enjoy it."
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha's emotions appear to be swamped by her bashfulness so it's hard to get a grip on whether she's, in someway, infatuated with August.

She watched and listened as August spoke with great interest. Her eyes seemed to un-focus for moment...perhaps thinking of the train journey and drift into a day-dream.

Her lapse of attention is brief and she nodded eagerly. Taking a moment to fuss with her hair once more.

"I...I see! It all sounds most splendid! I confess, I enjoy traveling on a railway train journey too...a very civilized means of transit." she giggles happily.

Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Katsuro Tomori

"Most certainly madame." he smiled approvingly at her succinct take on the railroad before he continued on with their discussion "If memory serves there's a rather nice museum dedicated to the Railway here in town...They had those trip advisory pamphlets for all the tourists and the like in my cabin aboard the rail car." August was somewhat surprised he couldn't get an easy read on Martha, after all reading people was, in a manner of speaking, his job once upon a time. One that he hoped to be able to resume here...still, the Ventrue seemed to genuinely enjoy the company of his host, which was quite a treat. The Lancea back home were far, far to stuffy to enjoy anything and as he worked primarily for his Sire before being given his freedom he hadn't had as much experience with easy going political officers...
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

Martha Villiers

PRE

Nodding, Martha found herself agreeing, "Quite so, sir! It is but one of many fine museums and places of culture in this Domain!" she giggled happily.

"A gentleman of refinements and culture will not starve for want of such enrichments and treats here!" she added happily.

Katsuro Tomori

"Good to know. I must admit I had my reservations about movin' out west. Quite a few differences in the cultural atmosphere as well as the general californian stereotypes...but I think I've made the right choice, if a lady of intellect and taste such as yourself can get along well, I'm quite certain I shall find my place as well." and now to guide the conversation a little bit toward business, but not to terribly much.

"Now, speaking of refinement and culture, not to imply other covenants don't possess such things of course, but I am curious to know more about the First Estate within the area, is there perhaps any information you could impart upon me? Anyone to avoid business dealings with, or who might be reliable? I know politics can be most cruel amongst the damned, he said, accidentally slipping back into his Sires labels, he continued on seemingly unaware "I just don't wish to be the newcommer who gets taken for a ride when he doesn't know the lay of the land, if you follow mah meanin' Miss."

Martha Villiers

PRE

"These are all very sensible questions, sir! As such, they deserve equally sensible replies. I shall do my best to answer them. I have a Presentation to share with you that might help answer some of those questions. Others, I shall have to think about in greater detail, sir, as I should hate to be hasty in replies and supply you with useless or scandalously inaccurate information! Such careless activity does us both a disservice." she nodded, humbly.

Martha took her cane in hand and seemed to shift in her seat. Gripping the handle of her cane tightly, she smiled and gestured with the cane towards the closed door of the Meeting Chamber.

"Over there, sir...is where I keep the Presentation." and Martha offers a bashful smile.

Katsuro Tomori

"Certainly, certainly. For you my dear I have all the time in the world so think as much as you need." he said standing, and offering her his hand, if she accepted he would walk her arm in arm slowly and without much fuss. The two would look equally at ease strolling aimlessly along a plantation ground as they would through the club and there was not an ounce of hurry in his step. Though he did in fact notice her leg, he made no comment and by his actions you'd think his pace was simply how he walked constantly.

Martha Villiers

PRE

With a happy smile, Martha giggled, "Splendid! Simply splendid! Thank you!" she sounds excited and sincere.

Martha rubs at her crippled thigh. Smiling sweetly, it takes her a while to stand and she gratefully accepts August's help and takes a hold of his arm.

Martha's limp is terrible and obvious as she hobbles over to the Meeting Chamber.

But once at the door to the Meeting Chamber tiny Martha smiles and, swirling her cloak in a very dramatic manner, and produces a door key from somewhere under her long black cloak.

It's a very theatrical and playful, gesture.

Clearly in friendly high spirits, she unlocks the door and with a small hand gesture she invites August inside.

The room beyond this door is appears to be free from threat and is well decorated in a classic boardroom style with a large and long polished wooden table. Enough chairs around it to suit a large group and a single Flip-Chart mounted with poster sized paper stands close to the table at the end nearest the door.

There seems no immediate threat.

This room also has a bright scent of lemons about it.

Once inside and smiling cheerily tiny Martha makes her limping way to the Flip-Chart, hooking her cane over her arm, she smiles sweetly to August.

She makes a small hand gesture and hopes August is settling in and another gesture invites him to be seated.

Martha, never tiring of supplying the Acknowledgement Presentation, blinks bashfully and meekly and daintily adjusts her spectacles before speaking in a gentle way;

“Well, sir, this Domain, like all others, has a set of codes and protocols. I shall now go over the Laws of the Domain and once we have finished and discussed any questions I can offer the Oath of Fealty. I shan't read the Charts out to you...how silly and redundant that would be!"

"So, we shall begin...!”
    and with that chirpy commentary Martha happily turns to the chart and flips over the top page.

She had learned from her recent Acknowledgment of Alex and so was preparing her mind to add a small piece of additional information too.

Martha allowed time for August to read each one before turning to the next sheet...

Chart 1

The Traditions

Keep The Three Traditions in full

Breaking the Masquerade shall incur the Prince's displeasure.

The Prince: has exclusive Right to Permit Embracing Childer

Regnants are responsible for their Thralls and Childer.

Those who have committed the Amaranth and members of the Kallisti Bloodline are NOT welcome

Chart 2

Presentation & Acknowledgment

Any Kindred entering the Domain have Two Weeks to present themselves to the Prince, or His Herald

Prisci may take full responsibility for one of their own. Presentation is then deferred until the next Court.

Only the Acknowledged may Hunt in the Domain

Chart 3

The Blood Hunt

Only the Prince, or His Seneschal, may call a Blood Hunt.

Treason - is thus: violation of allegiance toward His Majesty, His Property or His Will. Acts of waging war actively or passively, or aiding His Enemies.

Chart 4

Etiquette

Kindred shall show their Respect by appearing at Court.

Failing to appear to two successive Courts invalidates Acknowledged status.

The Alder Prince places high value on good manners at Court

It is prohibited to wear face covering masks in any of the Elysian Fields

Chart 5

Should any find themselves in His Presence, please be respectful

If His Majesty finds himself under duress then all Kindred should render swift aid.

Only His Majesty shall decide whom is bound by Blood Vinculum

It is Forbidden to use Powers of the Blood in the Elysian Fields - except for Obfuscating the Beast or using Powers in the defence of the Prince, the Elysian Fields, Officers of Court or with prior permission.

Chart 6

Feeding

None shall Feed upon, Ghoul, Kill, or otherwise harass, the following:-

* Law Enforcement
    * Firefighters
    * EMTs
    * Hospital Employees

Chart 7 - (this chart is a flow chart and organ-a-gram)

Alder Prince: His Grace, Alder Asa Clarke, Duke of Sacramento
    Royal Archon: Alder Judex Twist
    Herald, Acting-Seneschal: Martha Villiers
    Reeve: Dillon Connery
    Keeper: Martha Villiers
    Bailiffs: vacant
    Harpy: Allison Black
    Deputies and Rangers: Callum McCann

Regent (F) vacant
    Regent (RM) vacant
    Regent (CH) Dr Erika Brady
    Regent (V): vacant
    Regent (SS) Roxie Hart

Chart 8

On this sheet there is a fairly detailed sketch map of the Domain boundaries to this chart for clarity as per this:

http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Vampire_Subinfeudation

When this chart of the Domain comes up, Martha pauses to add more detail;

"Now...if you decide to live within a certain area within the Domain, you must speak with that areas' Lord or Lady Regent. The Regents hold the rights to Tenancy and Feeding for those areas under the command of His Majesty the Prince who acts as their Lord Paramount. Each Lord or Lady Regent may award rights to those as they see fit." she gestures with a delicate finger to each of the Regency Zones.

"Should you decide to approach one of the Regents, be aware that they may require some type of agreement, or service, from you for the privilege of Feeding and Tenancy Rights." she glances towards August, remaining very cheerful as she adds, "Though once you have received Acknowledgment, you are certainly free to reside and feed within the Communal Zone. I would also like to point out the Alder Prince's Private Rack..."

Using her small gloved hand as a guide Martha carefully indicates the Rack on the map with gentle gestures;

"As you see, it is contained within the Communal Zone, so I wanted to make you aware of the area. This personal Rack is an area encompassed roughly north of West Street and Capital City Freeway; east of 5th Street; west from 29th Street and south from J Street, that would be the Rack. The Rack is Royal Domain, and Feeding rights are very highly protected. But the rest of the Communal Zone is open to all for both dwelling and Feeding. Should you chose to dwell therein there is no obligation to make your Haven known to the Prince...though some do as an aid for general security. We can patrol more effectively with the information!"

There is a pause while she lets this information settle in.

Chart 8

The Elysian Fields

NB: Unless with prior permission, it is Forbidden to use Powers of the Blood (save for Obfuscating the Beast) or carry weapons into the Elysian Fields.

The Elysian Fields in this Domain are:-

* The Nox Populi nightclub
    * The Reverence nightclub
    * The Ember nightclub
    * The Ballo Della Notte Theater

Chart 9

Covenants

Carthian Movement: position vacant
    Circle of the Crone: position vacant
    Invictus: Judex Twist
    Lancea Sanctum: Bishop Dillon Connery (contact details: XXX)
    Ordo Dracul: Grand Wyrm Martha Villiers (contact details: XXX)

Prisci

Daeva: Judex Twist (contact details XXX)
    Gangrel: Dillon Connery (contact details XXX)
    Mekhet: Office is on rotational seasonal occupation
    Nosferatu: vacant (contact details XXX)
    Ventrue: vacant

Once the last chart is displayed, Martha looks to August;

"Well, sir, I appreciate that this is a great deal of information...so please feel free to ask any questions you may have! Also, these charts remain here. As Keeper I work hard to ensure they are up-to-date."

"Copies are, along with the main Laws, in each Elysian Field for consultation at any time! Well...I wonder, did you have any comments or questions, sir?" she rubs at her crippled hip and the top of her thigh boot. Doubtless this is where her thigh stump is probably twitching.

Nevertheless, her enthusiasm is obvious and with sincere cheeriness Martha waits to see what comments or questions August might have.

Katsuro Tomori

At the dramatic cloak swirling Galloways face lights up with a sense of amusement and pleasure, both enjoying the dramatis personae put on as well as further admiring Martha and her outfit though he made sure his eyes didn't linger anywhere impertinent. As he inhaled absentmindedly he realized the scent of lemons and gave an approving smile, inhaling once more. "I see you were serious about your senses, the last office I stood in had, in the officers words, no need for such niceties. He then grew rather serious as he looked over all the information, one might think he was commiting it all to memory...

At least, one might till August took out a pen and note pad, writing down relevant contact numbers with certain letters or symbols coded to their station but not official in any capacity, preferring to take extra steps in the case of the masquerade. After carefully going over everything he turned his full attention back to Martha. "Appologies for being so quiet Miss Villiers, I just wanted to make sure I was fully aware of everything pertinent."

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread