Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

By the time Claire makes it to the Reeve's office post-Court, the door is open, and he is already moving around and organizing a few things. Replacing a few books to the proper shelves, stacking some periodicals in an orderly manner, wrapping a dismembered forearm and hand in paper like it's a cut of salami and placing it in a drawer...

You know. The usual stuff.

The room looks largely as it did the last time Dillon had guests. The large, dark-stained oak desk dominates the center of the back wall, pulled away far enough that the Reeve can comfortably sit on the other side and see the door while he's buried in paperwork. There are two squashy black sofas in the middle of the room, facing each other in front of the desk. The coffee table between them is remarkably clear, for once. A rug underneath it all is new enough. Because Dillon ruined the last one rolling John St Thomas' torpid corpse up in it.

It's okay, though. That's what the rug is there for.

Various eccentricities adorn the walls. There are two large bookcases, packed to bursting with volumes. There appears to be no uniformity to their placement. Only some are aligned in the classic proper sense, standing up with the spine facing out. Most of them are stacked every other way possible, and some are just standing on the lip of a shelf in front of the books behind it; because it's the only available space.

There are a few maps on the wall, all of Sacramento. Some new and modern, at least one is fairly old.

As for Dillon himself, his Beast is still roiling. It's a minor annoyance to him, these nights. He knows when to let the thing out of its cage, and all of the fury aggression in hell can't free it from the Gangrel's control until then.

The cuirass he'd worn to Court, along with the halberd that had made such a statement, are propped up in the corner and out of the way. Dillon has also shed the loose tunic, and tucked it away somewhere. His simple white undershirt might look strange with the dark breeches and riding boots, but he isn't worried about that.

OOC
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Claire Edmonton
    Claire Edmonton

PRE

"Reeve Connery," she respectfully intones as she stands with her hands clasped together and observes his organization, "I hope they take your lessons to heart, truly. But, apart from our festivities, how are you truly feeling?"

Claire Edmonton
    Claire Edmonton

PRE

"We are both very busy people, so I'll just say this quickly and to the point, if i may. This domain feels strained and under staffed, and when I am part of something, I seek out its excellence, in whatever form that can be delivered. Please consider this for the future. I shall leave you to your evening, Reeve Connery."

Stepping out of the room with a graceful decorum, Claire leaves the room, and leaves Elysium.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon's mouth is open to answer Claire's question, when the next part comes. The frank appraisal of the Domain's status, the declaration. His mouth is still open when she leaves.

Eyebrows raise, before he speaks into the empty space that won't respond.

"And it's certainly not going to fill with impatient Kindred who bluff with a hand the dealer knows they aren't holding."

Shaking his chin just slightly, Dillon takes a seat on the sofa. Reflecting on the evening's events, he leaves the door to his office open to any other members of the Domain still meandering about Elysium.

This scene is now open to anyone who wants to swing by and have a chat
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

B
    Beej

Teo nodded to Claire as she past him in the hall with a polite smile and continued on to the Reeve's door. He paused at it, looked in and knocked. "Good evening sir. I was hoping I could speak with you for moment." Since Court was over, it seemed a perfect time to check to see if there was an errant kindred in the Domain or not.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

There is a pause, a moment while the Reeve seems so utterly lost in thought that he fails to notice Teo. Leaned to the side, much of his weight is on one elbow buried into the leather arm rest of the couch. The hand on the same side rests in a loose fist over Dillon's mouth, and hazel eyes stare in a raptor gaze at some point at the wall behind the couch opposite.

Of course he has to notice Teo. The man's Beast is unmasked, and Dillon's reacts appropriately. The fierce triple-threat is tempered only by familiarity, before being silenced completely by the will of its master.

But there is a train of thought that apparently needs to be finished. It is, and within the infinite span of what may have been only two seconds, the Gangrel gaze lifts to focus on the monk in the doorway.

His hand falls away, and gestures toward the seat opposite him. "Of course. Do come in and make yourself comfortable."

While Dillon isn't yet wearing the friendly smirk that is intended to let others know he is approachable, the tone and timbre of his voice is lifted at the same rate as the scowl he was giving that bookcase. It's a smooth shift, from brooding to welcoming.

"Did anything notable happen during Court while Herald Villiers and I were in the Conference Room? I haven't had a chance to speak with the Ranger, yet."

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

B
    Beej

The long pause roused doubts and suspicions. A rebuke of sorts or perhaps a statement to his thought on the Dragon. "Thank you sir." Entering now that he was beckoned, the little monk crossed the room and sat down across from the Gangrel. "Nothing as unfortunate as what you and Herald Villiers were forced to deal with." Teo shook his head. "His Majesty arrived shortly after Ms. Sheperad and..the other offender were ashured away." As to the fact that few recognized him, that was a good or bad thing depending on your point of view.
    "I have concern about possible poacher. Mr. Roderick and Mr Angustri asked for my help identifying blind kindred with seeing eye dog at street market several nights ago. By the time I arrived, the kindred in question had left. However while there I encountered another kindred, one obfuscated I have not seen in the domain since I have arrived. She was black woman I believe of possible direct African extraction. She claimed her name was 'Madonna'."

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

"Dirge," Dillon says of the first unnamed Kindred. "I've never met her personally, but I know the description. As I understand, she and Herald Villiers were well acquainted at one time. She's okay; a ward of the Necropolis that Arnold Culler maintains. Which is directly permitted by His Majesty."

The second one, however, was not so easy to place. And he couldn't remember any Kindred near Sacramento, or anywhere else he'd traveled claiming the moniker 'Madonna'. If she was Acknowledged by Asa, it wasn't made known to him.

While Dillon is certain there is a great deal going on that Asa doesn't inform his Reeve about, he knows his responsibilities.

"How did this Madonna respond to you? Did she seem at all aware of the Prince's Praxis, or worried that she might be in violation of it?"

Dillon thinks for a second until he comes up with something else. "In what manner did the two of you part?"

Which sounds better than why did you let her out of your sight?

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

Closed Thread